What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I Love to Eat Raw Cannabis!

T

Truthman

British_Bulldog said:
Well, I tried eating about a quarter of a gram of top quality commercial hash last night with an avocado.

It wasn't exactly a scientific test, because I'd already had a pizza, which although Italian and with less cheese than an American pizza, it had fat from the cheese and also probably some extra virgin olive oil in there too.

So, the pizza could've/should've had an influence too on the effect, but basically I got very high, then wasted and it ended up knocking me out into a coma-like state...I ate it at around 7pm, felt the high properly by about 8.30pm, and crashed out and fell asleep on the sofa around 11pm. I woke up at 6am with ravenous munchies and ate for about an hour before falling asleep again until 10am, still stoned, laughing to myself about some stuff in the shower, still had red eye, had a bong, put some eye drops in and then went to work, lol

All in all good but I'd like to have stayed awake a bit longer...the high also seemed more profound with the avocado, but further testing is required ;) :) lol

Peace

Glad you had a good time.

I'm glad you tried to see if what I'm saying is real before you deny what I was saying and for that alone you get MUCH PROPS from me!.

BTW, did you use freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice with the hash mashed up in the avocado and let it sit for 5-10 minutes?.

This should have prevented or slowed down the lethargic like feeling the comes form eating strong weed and also give a major high as opposed to a stone.

ALso, eating the weed in the early daytime while also getting sunlight would have helped keep you up because when you eat at night the melatonin released gives a sleepy, lazy type high BUT in the daytime the sun prevents melatonin from being released. PEACE.

Last edited:

veganganja

Coming from someone who strives to eat 100% uncooked or cultured food. Thanks for the thread.

Has anyone considered or tried double broiling the ganja, then culturing it with tempeh, extracting it into soy milk then kefiring, kombucha tea w/ cooked ganja in it, or making sourkraut?

I have been considering these options, although eating raw would be preferable... I suppose some experimentation is in order.

Also after reading the different experiences in this thread I am left thinking that strain may have a lot to do with the viability (high wise) raw vs cooked.:2cents:

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I used to roll little balls of black hash and press them into the middle of a fruit polo... the strawberry ones were best :smile:

edit - just found out they're called "lifesavers" in the states :smile:

lordbudly

Veteran
how about leaves? when i top a plant, i eat that little tip, its super refreshing, like a blast of watermelon flavor! some seeds seem to carry that same taste

GrüneErd

i eat any little piece or stem i can (if it's dank) and fully enjoy eating a raw nug. NONE of my friends do, i thought i was alone!
forgot about my good ol' ICmaggers.

i love eating raw nugs too.
peace

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
i know that this is an old thread but i find it very interesting. I am going to give it a run for myself because, well mostly i dont feel like cooking it up right now and 2) i would like to cut back on the smoking for the sake of my lungs.

What i want to know is:

Is this harmful / dangerous to do?? I am not going to have an stomach problems from eating raw cannibus am I?

I heard before (years ago) that eating cannibus raw was unhealthy (and a waste) but i am going to see for myself.

Here are 6 raw (ground up) nug capsules that i just made. I will eat them tomorrow because by the time they kick in i will be asleep.

Anyone know for sure if this is healthy / unhealthy? I guess compared to smoking it would be better. Next harvest i will make some edibles with butter or alchohol too.

SuperConductor

Veteran
You should decarboxylate it before capping to get full effects. Spread the weed on a baking tray and place in oven at around 160-180C for 2-5 mins or so until weed is brown. This converts the THC into THC-A which can be easily metabolized without binding to fat.
It's not unhealthy to eat raw weed but can upset guts in which case you just avoid it in future.

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
so i gave it a try. Last night i took 3 of those capules and waited 3 + hours... and NOTHING. If i have smoked or make a few cookies with that amt of weed i would expect i would have got high. I think for now i will be heating or making butter / alchohol extraction first.

...just my experience.

T

Truthman

so i gave it a try. Last night i took 3 of those capules and waited 3 + hours... and NOTHING. If i have smoked or make a few cookies with that amt of weed i would expect i would have got high. I think for now i will be heating or making butter / alchohol extraction first.

...just my experience.

It didn't work because you didn't take it with a good fat, fiber, carbohydrates and protein to allow it to avoid first pass in the liver and go directly to the lymphatic system which will take it into the bloodstream without being nonpsychoactive. This is why the avocado and lemon works along with other things we don't know why.

Just mix some herb into an avocado with fresh lemon juice, let it sit for 5 minutes than eat it anyway you want without cooking. Maybe with some bread or a salad and nuts.

Here's an article explaining explaing what I'm talking about:
http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=115206

Oral intake of a cannabinoid together with a meal improved bioavailability by avoiding first-pass metabolism

Researchers of Monash University in Victoria, Australia, investigated the reason why the oral bioavailability of a synthetic cannabinoid receptor agonist (CRA13) was significantly improved if taken together with a meal rich in fat. Oral bioavailability was assessed in human volunteers and in dogs with and without a meal. Food had a substantial positive effect on the oral
bioavailability of CRA13 in human volunteers and in dogs. This cannabinoid is highly lipophilic (soluble in fat) as other cannabinoids including THC.

The absolute bioavailability of the cannabinoid was low in fasted dogs (8-20 per cent), in spite of good absorption (72-75 per cent of radio-labelled CRA13 recovered in the systemic circulation). In fed dogs, bioavailability increased to 47.5 per cent and the majority (43.7 per cent) of the dose was absorbed via the lymphatic system of the intestine. Researchers concluded that the positive food effect for CRA13 does not appear to result from
increased absorption. Rather the increase in bioavailability was stimulated via almost complete transport into the lymph, in turn resulting in a reduction in first-pass metabolism. In fasted dogs most of the cannabinoid was metabolised, i.e. changed to inactive compounds, at once in the liver before reaching the whole body, while the liver was bypassed in fed animals.

grimweeder

you need to decarboxylate it at a temp of no higher than 105c putting weed in your oven at between 160-180c will vapourize the thc an other cannabinoids as they vape at temps from 140c with 180c being most optimum for thc.
it doesnt matter if you eat it with fat or on its own but the weed must be heated in order for the thc to become physcoactive. when the buds are fresh/raw or only jus dried then most of the thc is in its raw acidic form an will not get you stoned. hence why weed is usually smoked as the heating process activates the thc before it is burnt an enters your lungs.
try the same method again but instead heat at either 60-80c, or jus 100c if your bud is really really fresh from the chop. 100c is all thats needed as all your doin is taking out any moisture from the thc in order to activate it an as water evapes at 100c you dont need to go any higher than that.

T

Truthman

you need to decarboxylate it at a temp of no higher than 105c putting weed in your oven at between 160-180c will vapourize the thc an other cannabinoids as they vape at temps from 140c with 180c being most optimum for thc.
it doesnt matter if you eat it with fat or on its own but the weed must be heated in order for the thc to become physcoactive. when the buds are fresh/raw or only jus dried then most of the thc is in its raw acidic form an will not get you stoned. hence why weed is usually smoked as the heating process activates the thc before it is burnt an enters your lungs.
try the same method again but instead heat at either 60-80c, or jus 100c if your bud is really really fresh from the chop. 100c is all thats needed as all your doin is taking out any moisture from the thc in order to activate it an as water evapes at 100c you dont need to go any higher than that.

This is an old myth because it has been proven by a number of people on this site that fresh herb and hash can be eaten without heat when done with the avocado and lemon juice method.

The fat helps the high last long because it takes a while for your body to metabolize all of it and the cannabinoids are attached to the fat. Plus you get more health benefits when it is attached to these vegetable fats because they travel through every part of the body and the cannabinoids are attached to these fats which will enhance your health and this is why eating herb feels like a whole body high and not just certain parts like smoking and vaping.

If you just take the herb by itself it won't be as effective than with some type of fat that is part of a whole food such as avocado or nuts and seeds because they contain lecithin as well as minerals that get enzymes going that will help metabolize the herb, carbohydrates and amino acids which will help in other ways.

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
i don't mind giving it a try again :woohoo:

i did get a bit of an upset stomach. very mild though.

i do believe that you can get high eating raw cannibas but i think its been established that for the maximum uptake you must decarboxylate.

i'm going to try a few methods, as everyone should... raw, heated to 180 F on a baking try for a few minutes, cannabutter and an alchohol tincture. i don't think i need to perform a test on the smoking... we all know that works.

..all in the name of science of course.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
i know that this is an old thread but i find it very interesting. I am going to give it a run for myself because, well mostly i dont feel like cooking it up right now and 2) i would like to cut back on the smoking for the sake of my lungs.

What i want to know is:

Is this harmful / dangerous to do?? I am not going to have an stomach problems from eating raw cannibus am I?

I heard before (years ago) that eating cannibus raw was unhealthy (and a waste) but i am going to see for myself.

Here are 6 raw (ground up) nug capsules that i just made. I will eat them tomorrow because by the time they kick in i will be asleep.

Anyone know for sure if this is healthy / unhealthy? I guess compared to smoking it would be better. Next harvest i will make some edibles with butter or alchohol too.

I have made some cannabis capsules befor they worked wornders. U used some of my freshly grown buds. and the buzz was :woohoo:.
I would take 2 in the morning the buzz lasted around 5-6 hours.

I would say it is healthyer cuz no smoke gets to ur lungs.
when I make them I use 95% of the plants buds and leafs.

and I smoke just because its fun. and the buz gets to me a bit quicker but not as long.

good luck on making them and having much fun wit em.:abduct: