What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suby's Kitchen

rafe

Suby, at holidays we have pear halves and we fill them with cream cheese and honey mixed to taste. I like it sweet. Then top with graham cracker crumbs pour some of the pear juice around the pear halves in a baking dish. Bake until the crumbs turn slightly darker. Even people that don't like pears or cream cheese like this recipe. I prefer them cold but they are meant to be served warm out of the oven. Enjoy!!! Rafe

Jansjukebox

Hay suby...I see this thread hasn't been posted in a bit so it may or not be active, but I just stumbled onto this site a couple of days ago and have been reading some of the posts in this thread, and just wanted to tell you that I have a true love for any food...lol I like papers that taste like food all except for bacon flavored papers..Kinda get the taste without the calories...lol

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
Ahh Suby, that mac and cheese is exactly how ma mere makes it with a proper roux. She's also the source of my carrot cake problem. This is a wonderful thread! I feel like I'm right at home.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Hello Guys! :wave:

Rafe I made that dish the other day based on your description, it was very good, my daughter said "encore" twice :).

CD great to hear props from a real chef, I always like you posts dude :hotbounce

JJ I hear if you tear the paper any calories leak out from it :rasta:

Hey Madame Dankness :cool:

My mom showed me how to cook, she would tell me that a man should not depend on a woman to feed him.
What she didn't tell me was it's a great way to get laid while saving on a restaurant dinner :confused: lol.

My daughter requires healthy meals every day so I've had to tailor my cooking and make sure I have ingredients for quick and slower meals.

I had my Aussie chicken last night, it made me think of that bacon flow chart from your thread lmfao.
I'll have a few new recipes in a bit, winter means less BBQ and more real cooking.

Everyone is welcome and at home here!

Peace

Last edited:

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
Suby said:
My daughter requires healthy meals every day so I've had to tailor my cooking and make sure I have ingredients for quick and slower meals.
Ahh.. this was an ongoing argument between my boy The Yeag and his ex wife- he argued that the McDonalds-based diet she was feeding their young son (with a family history of diabetes and thyroid disorders!) was nothing less than child abuse. Kids need good food even more than the big people. Straight up. And as for a way to get laid... in the animal kingdom, males attract mates by showing ability to provide for the young. The guy who can arrow a deer and then roast it up all tender-like is gonna git sum. :D

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
My 2 year old has been to McDonald 3 times, she spends more time playing in the parc than eating which is fine by me lol.
I make sure I have ALOT of leftovers all the time so I never get stuck not having time to cook.
I ALWAYS have frozen spaghetti sauce in the fridge, I also have chicken a la king frozen, just bake some frozen vol-au-vent pastries and boil some rice.

Cooking is work, but it can save ALOT of time and money, if you spend money in a restaurant that represents money you spent TIME earning, same diff in my book.

I think I will post my chicken a la king recipe in a bit, chicken and veggies in a thick white sauce...I use the same roux than the Mac & Cheese above.

rafe

Pears

Pears

Suby glad you tried those things. I have had so many people that say "I don't like cream cheese!" I say's smoke some of this and then try some of this. It will be fine. Did you try them chilled??

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
No warm, I should have made more and chilled them, I prefer seets when they are cold.

I'm making potsticker dumplings tomorow :cool:

V

vonforne

Suby......how time passes. I remember when the little seedling just sprouted. Now she is 2. You had better keep an eye out. I hear those French women are beautiful from the first day they are born so I am sure you have your hands full already.

Just go easy on those French creme sauces.

V

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Yes she is getting big, she`s talking up a storm and eating me out of house and home lol.
This morning she polished 3 eggs scrambled with toast, I can`t even eat 3 eggs.
She`s a cutie, we had her dressed up as a ladybug for halloween, it was too cute.
Now it`s all about "do we want a 2nd"???

Glad your hanging out Von.

rafe

Venison Tenderloin

Venison Tenderloin

My family had our venison tenderloin dinner cooked on the grill. It is such a treat. The meat is so lean it has the texture of a turkey breast. It is great to have so much. I'm making sausage and burger out of some of it but we pretty much butchered this like a butcher. We had a dvd that we could run in the house and watch as we did the butchering. We hung the deer in the garage and it was a nice 38 degrees. Going for another one Saturday and Sunday.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Wild meat is my favorite, there`s a local here that sells bison meat...OMG.
They make the best steaks and burgers ever.
I love wild meat, it`s so diffferent from anything we are used to.
My uncle has a cattle farm, he`ll grind up the whole slab to make ground beef, even the best cuts go in.
It makes for some very nice cooking :)

Ipsissimus

Great thread!

My no marinate beef short rib recipe:

1. get a couple lbs short ribs. they're cheap :)

1/2 c cider vinegar
2 T worcheshire sauce
1 T chili powder
2t salt
2t black pepper
1/2 t cumin
1/4 t cinnamon

1 sprig of fresh rosemary, chopped...substitute 2t of dried rosemary.

mix together with enough water to cover the short ribs in a small pot.

they should all be barely submerged. use as little water as possible. on a burner on low, heat for 30 minutes - stay just below a simmer.

remove the ribs from the pot. then boil the liquid down to about 1/2 c. add 1/2c ketchup, 1/4c brown sugar, splash of red wine, and yes, 1T jelly, preferably grape. bring to a simmer.

on a hot grill, grill those short ribs for a few minutes, getting the outsides nice and browned. Lower the heat, or move the ribs away from the heat, then brush the reduced sauce all up on them. Cover for 10-30 minutes, depending how well you want them, and how thick they are.

let cool for a few minutes, enjoy!

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Ipsissimus said:
carrot cake is killer! icing - omg

When I get invited to a potluck my friends insist I bring their favorite desert, that cake is legendary.
This winter I ran out of carrots and I substituted apples instead, it was as good and made for a nice change.

Those short ribs sound nice, I think Sunday will be a rib day.
I`ll be trying out some seet potatoe french fries this weekend with those.

I will also post my tweaked porc dumpling dimsum recipe later in the week, work has and family is limitng my online time, I have 2-3 min a day :spank:

_the420guy

Suby i got to say that

Easy Fry Pork Chops and Fancy Mashed Potatoes

was pretty damm good!Gotta try those ribs.
Thanks for the great thread.

rafe

Venison

Venison

Hey Suby, just wanted to tell you that the deer I shot on the 20th of Nov. has been eaten. We ate the whole thing already!! I can take a total of 5 deer a year so next year I'm taking as many as I can get. Every cut on this little doe was great. We have been cooking on the grill outside all winter. Snow or not. Hello everyone. Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts