What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Goats' Grows

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Looking good Goats!

Good luck with the GG4, never had the chance to grow the real thing, tried growing some GG4s1s but they all hermied on me pretty hard, so no luck... maybe another day!

Rotten lemons, yum lol, they looking great, about to start bulking up nicely! my homie grew some LVTK, but he musta got a TK dom pheno because he said there is no lemon at all in it... he still loves it tho! I havent had the chance to try it, but ive seen a few pics and it looked great!
:rasta: peace

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
a story to share from a recent encounter i had.

so i grow in a gorilla grow tent and had to warranty the tent after only 3 months because the zipper was losing teeth faster than a meth head. i had to spend $75 sending the broken piece back to them and they sent me a replacement piece. since putting the new piece in we've been extra cautious about being rough with the front zipper knowing they can crap out. well, under 8 months later and the same thing is happening to the replacement piece. i put a warranty claim in with gorilla again and then waited. it said they could take 1-3 business days to respond and i had already waited 10 business days so i submitted a message using the form on the website and didn't hear back after 3 days.

at that point i said fuck it, and posted about my experience on ig so nobody else would have the same experience. i made sure to @ them in the post. an hour after the post goes up and has amassed a bunch of likes and comments of people with similar experiences, my phone rings. i answer and it's the gorilla customer service guys and they want to rush ship me a whole new tent and i won't have to send the broken one back and they're so sorry i had a bad experience.

the tent arrived two days later from cali. while i appreciate their willingness to try and make things right, it sucks that it took me posting on ig to get a response, and i am concerned that the same issue is going to pop up again. we are now deciding whether to use the new tent or sell it and use the money to frame out another wall and just build a room in the space where the tent sat. to be honest, i am leaning towards this option. maybe after this run or the next.

i may also take the one we're using now somewhere to have a real zipper sewn on.

Build out a space brother, you’ll never look back :tiphat:

starke

Not that it makes any difference, but I wonder if Gorilla/China has changed zipper suppliers. I have a three year old 5x5x8 Gorilla that is still rocking it. Sucks you had to deal with that.

Goats

I've had mine for 2 years. The bottom of the zipper Is a little rough, but it still functions. Honestly I love my 5x9 ggt. I would love to build a room, but that would get me in trouble :biggrin:

That aside that memberry is a beast! That plant alone looks like an easy 8 to 10 oz...

the guy i spoke to claimed that only about 1% of people ever have issues with the zippers and that i am the first person to ever have the problem twice. he said the lot my original tent and the replacement piece were from was later determined to be a bad lot with some issues, but the one they just sent should be problem free.

i think you might be right though, FF. i am guessing they tried to cut some cost by switching zippers and now they're doing damage control because you couldn't hold a toddler's pants up with those plastic zippers.

the only other thought i had was that maybe my tent was improperly manufactured slightly which caused extra stress on the zipper in that one spot, because both zippers broke at almost the exact same spot.

whatever the case, i am fairly certain we will sell the tent and just build out a room in its place as a few people have suggested. i am guessing that will be the run after next though, as i am eager to get some gg4 going asap once these plants finish flowering :biggrin:

thanks for stopping by guys :tiphat:

Goats

hope everyone is smoking on something nice today. forum cookies for me.

cheers!

picture.php

Goats

The hydro store got my floraflex stuff in recently and i went and grabbed it today. going to give their new matrix system a try. i'm hoping it eliminates the need to flush my plants so often.

i'll be setting it all up when the next round of plants get into the big tent.

:woohoo:

Goats

i have been a lazy bastard with the updates, but here we are.

plants came down yesterday. they took a bit longer due to 'someone' somehow changing the timer so the lights came on for 30 minutes in the middle of the night for a week or so mid-flower.

i am impressed though, neither plant showed any intersex traits. most plants i've grown would have thrown a fit after that for sure.

picture.php

hindu kush tester
picture.php

memberberry lower
picture.php

here are next round's plants. the 4 big ones are pretty root bound and more than ready for a transplant. as soon as the plants are done drying that tent will be loaded right back up.

next round will be 2 glue, 1 memberberry and 1 hindu

still planning to run DTW.

Goats

i've been slacking.

plants took 8 days to dry. would have been a few days longer but i sped things up a bit by turning off the humidifier because i had to have everything dried and trimmed before my buddy for back from vacation.

hindu kush. great smoke. tasty all the way to the roach. i will take a lot more off this plant going into flower next run.
picture.php

memberberry. really sweet and fruity. berries and an almost cheesyness. turned out great considering the issues we caused it. it grew too close to the lights and we also had the timer fuckup. despite it all she grew big, dense colas of sweet, fruity flowers with not one sign of intersex. i had also read complaints about memberberry not being potent enough, but this plant is quite strong. both strains were more potent than anything i grew last round.
picture.php

transplanted the 4 plants for next round and moved them into the big tent. they were definitely overdue. the memberberry shown below was the worst of the 4.
installed the drip system and am working to get it dialed in. currently feeding twice/day for 1 minute.

the 4 big plants are 2x gg4, 1x hindu kush and 1x memberberry. the little plant in the middle is just a gg4 that is there to veg a bit and mother clones
picture.php

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
i've been slacking.

plants took 8 days to dry. would have been a few days longer but i sped things up a bit by turning off the humidifier because i had to have everything dried and trimmed before my buddy for back from vacation.

hindu kush. great smoke. tasty all the way to the roach. i will take a lot more off this plant going into flower next run.
View Image

memberberry. really sweet and fruity. berries and an almost cheesyness. turned out great considering the issues we caused it. it grew too close to the lights and we also had the timer fuckup. despite it all she grew big, dense colas of sweet, fruity flowers with not one sign of intersex. i had also read complaints about memberberry not being potent enough, but this plant is quite strong. both strains were more potent than anything i grew last round.
View Image

transplanted the 4 plants for next round and moved them into the big tent. they were definitely overdue. the memberberry shown below was the worst of the 4.
installed the drip system and am working to get it dialed in. currently feeding twice/day for 1 minute.

the 4 big plants are 2x gg4, 1x hindu kush and 1x memberberry. the little plant in the middle is just a gg4 that is there to veg a bit and mother clones
View Image

View Image

Hey Goats

Looking at that last picture, I see you are using clean tubing for you feed lines. I stopped using clear tubing years ago, it has the potential for algae to start growing inside the tubing.

Goats

Hey Goats

Looking at that last picture, I see you are using clean tubing for you feed lines. I stopped using clear tubing years ago, it has the potential for algae to start growing inside the tubing.

thanks for the heads up. i will look for some 3/8" black tubing. i initially grabbed some 1/4" black but it is a bit too small to get on the manifold and my hydro store only has clear as this is meant to be used as airline. :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts