What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coast to Coast

Davesnothere420

Roads to avoid while driving coast to coast. Roads recommended? Trying to drive from FL to Cali and any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Roads to avoid while driving coast to coast. Roads recommended? Trying to drive from FL to Cali and any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance.
Stay off the interstates and use US highways. Obey all traffic laws. Check your vehicle to make sure all lights (including your tag light) and turn signals work before you head out on the day's travel. Allow plenty of time.

Enjoy the ride.

:D

Avoid The I-8 freeway like the plague. Runs from Sotuhern Arizona to San Diego. Full of Border Patrol checkpoints and sniffer dogs. Mandatory stops at these checkpoints.

Also DO NOT travel north on the I-5 or I-15 from San Diego, they too have border patrol check points with K-9 teams. Those checks are not always open, but often and without notice.

I-5 checkpoint is north of Oceanside and the I-15 is near Temecula.

buzzmobile

Veteran
On our way back home to FL we dropped down through CO and a corner of NM to Amarillo TX. Meandered through TX and came out through Shreveport LA.
We hauled a travel trailer from FL up the east coast to MD and then we turned left. Crossed through St. Louis, the Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, Devil's Tower, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Crater Lake, and everywhere in between. Went through WA along the Columbia River Gorge (travel on the north side of the river and watch the crazy traffic on the south side), hit the Pacific coast and rode the coastal highway down to Brookings Oregon, checked out redwoods in N CA.

13 weeks later we ended up back where we started. We took 12 oz. with us and shopped at every dispensary we could find in WA, OR and CO. We visited friends along the way who gifted us with buds too.

Don't speed.:tiphat:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Avoid Tx like the plague!
Those Stateys like to fuck with everybody out of state.
My bro and his friend got pull over 3 times between Louisiana border and Amarillo TX just because they has CO tags.
I'd avoid OK as well...

I'm wondering what is wrong with the interstates, buzzmobile?
I've never had issue using them and they're a lot faster if needing to get places.

I'd prefer I-40 or I-70 or I-80 but never I-80 in the winter time because WY DOT does not have the resources to keep the roads clear in big weather events.

buzzmobile

Veteran
I'm wondering what is wrong with the interstates, buzzmobile?
I've never had issue using them and they're a lot faster if needing to get places.

They're boring and highly patrolled and speeders are easy pickings.

You are correct that they are a lot faster.

X

xavier7995

Stay on large interstates, avoid small towns and rural highways. Follow traffic laws and drive only from 8 am till 5 or 6 pm. Drive a car that blends in. Never had a problem on the interstate but sure have had small town cops pull some horseshit.

707OGBUSH970

Stay on large interstates, avoid small towns and rural highways. Follow traffic laws and drive only from 8 am till 5 or 6 pm. Drive a car that blends in. Never had a problem on the interstate but sure have had small town cops pull some horseshit.

This really is the best advice. 90 percent of the criminal stuff associated with marijuana with people I know came from this--mostly small town speed traps.