What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Manipuri

el gordo

nice! i got some small ones atm and i'm getting nice citrussy aromas from some of them too, some lime-lemon, some dieselish/rubber and some leathery/meaty ones, let see if i can get them fully mature outdoors at my latitude.......

Last edited:

el gordo

Now that plants are bigger most of them smell strong like curry/food with a couple of them smelling exactly like peppermint

el gordo

Not in floweing, they're still in veg, sorry, but theyre quite smelly, this curry/food smell made me think why this stain, in it's traditional use is mainly apreciated for its qualities as food enhacer, as the smell is very similar to what indians like their food to smell. The mint smelling phenos look and smell pretty similar to some nepalese plants that im growing side by side...

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Yes, my Manipuris also have a stronger scent than my other sativas. Sexing any day now I hope. And yes, they do look very similar to the Nepalese junglis next to them, at least in early veg. The leaf shape turns different later on.

yaxu

Veteran
Manipuri,in midwinter in Chile, fruity smell very similar a double zamal.

2j0gmsn.jpg

2l8e0r5.jpg

309ot8m.jpg

Last edited:

Siever

Veteran
Hey Yaxu,

Is it possible you have some seeds in the buds?
Kinda small buds, but those are most of the time the very best.

Siever

yaxu

Veteran
Hey Yaxu,

Is it possible you have some seeds in the buds?
Kinda small buds, but those are most of the time the very best.

Siever

No friend, no seeds, chalices are so swollen .

SeedyPast, This clone was sent to me a friend. My friend also had phenes green.

excuse my English

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Not kidding about the citrus smells in veg.. but it's not orange, it's grapefruit. ;)

Nice! Here's some more pics of Manipuri.

I tamed them using all my sativa tricks. Both pots have the same 5 ladies from 5 seeds planted outdoors in organic soil, late October.
They had hot days and cold nights, among other stresses. Been bringing them in at night for about three weeks. They fill the room with an orange scent.
There's about 15 seeds in each plant using 2 Ace tropical mix males. Excuse the sloppy photo's:
picture.php

This one is pine smelling:
picture.php

picture.php

This one smells like orange:
picture.php

This one is mostly pine with a fruity hint:
picture.php

Last edited:
These pics are all from three days ago.

Here is the earliest one that is already cut and hanging:
picture.php

This one is my favourite so far, excellent peachy/apricot kind of smell
picture.php

Last edited:

thejact55

These pics are all from three days ago.

Here is the earliest one that is already cut and hanging:
View Image

Amazing! I've done a couple plants in a rebbermaid bin many years back. But this is awesome. Many aggressive sativas sharing a small container. My hat is off to you. They look great. Happy they smell of oranges. I found a pine/orange RSC chitrali that might cross well with these.