What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VERT 2X600 COCO....HELP WOULD BE NICE GUYS..:tiphat:.

zukinjo

Hey guys...i really need help for my new grow project...im starting vert grow from seed in coco hand watering...the strain in going to be ny diesel...i hope it streches enough...so i can fill the canopy for best results in vert growing...

album.php

So basicly what i am asking is what are the best possibilities for my grow?
DO i do a mini stadion grow and if i do how manny plants and how big the containers have to be if u consider that i grow in coco..?
Or is better that i do two vert donuts and a smaller amount of my girls and bigger containers?

Tnx for the help guys :huggg:

Happy safe growing....

Miraculous Meds

Stacking the bulbs and surrounding them with plants is the most efficient imo. How many plants do u want to do? U can go with 80 plants with 0 veg or 4 plants with 50 to 60 days veg. Or anything in between.

Whats ur room dimensions? 2m x2m, how tall?

zukinjo

My room is 2.5 meters high...

30 to 40 plants...would be best because I'm growing from seed...

So if I do 40 plants I do a stadium? Two rows ?
And will 2.5 liter containers do? Or do I need bigger ones...?

I have no clue so help is really appreciated...

Miraculous Meds

I did a seed run with about 80 seeds with 2 600w. I stacked them and built racks/shelves for the plants to sit on. 4 walls with 4 shelves on each. 2 600's stacked will cover 4' vertically. I built the shelves about 3' long and didn't put plants in the corners. As the plants grow toward the light the corners will get filled in.

With only 40 seeds to start Id prob build only 2 shelves per rack and have more room for vertical stretch of the plants.

U gonna clone them first or reveg the winners? U gonna sex them first? Or are they female seeds?

Miraculous Meds

So with 40 plants, u can go with 4 racks, 2 shelves on each. that would be 5 plants per shelf, and u can finish them to about 2' tall and have a nice canopy.

Miraculous Meds

Will the 2.5 liters (0.5 gallons) pots be ok?

With 20 plants per 600w, a nice target to aim for is to give them the opportunity to reach a little more than an oz a plant. So I think with cocoa ur in the ballpark of having enough medium. I know 2 gallons would be complete over kill, but if u could find something slightly bigger it might be a better choice. If not id think using the .5 gallon containers will work fine.

The pots I used for this same test were 5"x5", x6" tall. And I achieved better than oz plants on my higher yielding phenos, if that helps. I think that is the same size pots that u are using.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Hand watering coco, especially in small pots, is setting yourself up for loads of unecessary labor. Coco performs best with multiple feeds per light cycle. Drippers are easy and cheap to build. The smaller the pot, the more often you may need to feed...

jd4083

Veteran
Hand watering coco, especially in small pots, is setting yourself up for loads of unecessary labor. Coco performs best with multiple feeds per light cycle. Drippers are easy and cheap to build. The smaller the pot, the more often you may need to feed...

I second the drippers. Multi-feed Drip DTW Coco is the way to go!

No doubt. Even hand watering a one light show is a huge pain in the ass and terribly inefficient. Next run will be blumats all the way.