What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1 Cheese Plant In 2x6 Closet

Greenums

alright she's still alive. just transplanted and vegging now under 1 of my 2 cool tubes @400W MH. I need to grow her out and take clones when healthy.. then i'ma flip her for nugs. I'm going to go for a lucas formula type feeding in coir. See if I can get an elbow :laughing:.

Attachments

• DSCN0051.jpg
    DSCN0051.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN0048.jpg
    DSCN0048.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN0056.jpg
    DSCN0056.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 5

Greenums

fed her 10ml maxigro and 5ml protekt in 1gal of 35ppm tap.
ph 6.0.
topped yesterday ... can't really tell.
i'm going to be tossing a net in there soon.

she is in a 5gal bag of botanicare cocogro coir.

Attachments

• DSCN0063.jpg
    DSCN0063.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 5
W

willyweed

i will stick around for this one if you do not mind,just flipped some cheese in about 2 gal of coco ! willyweed

RonSmooth

Veteran
Might need cal-mag supplement with tap water like that. See what looks like the beginnings of mg deficiency. Looks good though

Greenums

yeah ron i figured i could use some cal/mag, i've never used it before though. i went out and got some botanicare cal mag plus. i'll be using it on the next feeding. :) thanks for the advice.

With Lucas, I find that extra Mg is best added through a fine foliar of RO water + epsom salts. I do this daily regardless of any deficiency because I grow under LED which saps Mg naturally.

InjectTruth

Aight aight, startin to green up. Before you go addin any snake oil, just up the dose on your base nute. Magic i tell you!

Pluck them inner nodes outand off some of them lowers, the plant will replace em faster than you think. Apical Dominance brah.

RonSmooth

Veteran
cal-mag isnt "snake oil". It is Ca & Mg which are essential nutrients for growth. People who use tap water with sufficient levels of these elements may never need a supplement but with RO water or "soft" tap water (such as the OP's), you need to supplement.

I would add it to every watering at 2.5mL/gal. That gets my ppms to around 150. This is a good base to start with. You can add your base to that.

RonSmooth

Veteran
With Lucas, I find that extra Mg is best added through a fine foliar of RO water + epsom salts. I do this daily regardless of any deficiency because I grow under LED which saps Mg naturally.

I am interested to know how LED's cause the plants to use more Mg. Can you elaborate? How can you know if you do it regardless of signs of deficiency?

IMO cal-mag is a better option. Plants often show Ca & Mg deficiencies in flowering when foliar feeding is not a great idea.

InjectTruth

Plenty of cal-mag in the base nutes he's using. Pump up the ppm and double check ph before trying to tweak individual nutes.

RonSmooth

Veteran
maxigro comes in liquid form? I didnt know that.

I use maxibloom @ 7g/gal for veg through flower. I add 2.5mL/gal cal-mag plus to get my tap water to 150ppm and 2.5mL/gal of DynaGro's Protekt to get the pH to around 5.6.

What is the Ca & Mg content of Maxigro by itself?

RonSmooth

Veteran
Plenty of cal-mag in the base nutes he's using. Pump up the ppm and double check ph before trying to tweak individual nutes.

Why pump up the base nutes? I don't see any obvious deficiencies.

Do you use Maxigro? Do you know much Ca & Mg is in it?

Do you use tap water and if so, what is the ppm/EC of your tap water?

Just looking to see if you could provide some info to substantiate your claims.

Greenums

yeah sorry the maxi is dry and measured by grams. i'm using around 7-8g per gallon.
2ml protekt.

sometimes 1-2times a week i'll add some the cal/mag, hygrozyme, and some oregonism xl myco dusts.

maxigrow: Mg 2%, Ca 6%

Greenums

i busted out the ppm meter today and the tap is actually 30ppm
with 8g of maxigro it comes out to be 1000ppm.

things are looking real good right now.
i took some clones, shaved the legs some more.

reaowr!

my tap has hella cal, i think the cal/mag just adds too much additional calcium and i get mag lockout for real. I pulled the lights back and things started looking better.

good lookin out.

injecttruth thanks for not going plant savage on us. :)