What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1-2-3 Sweet CannaButter

ZZTops

Veteran
I think it would be worth a test or two for sure...

I've noticed the mash changes at 6hrs, goes from soft and mushy to a harder saw dust texture...

I've done this butter with and without decarbng and decarbing makes for a stronger batch, even tho we are baking the butter into cookies and that should decarb the butter by it's self...

Always wondering if we are getting it all out and I'm pretty sure we are but who knows...

I read Gray Wolf's post that he often runs the same butter thru two batches of mash to increase the potency. that tells me we are getting it all out or most of it any way...

Maybe GW will stop by and give some input...

OK....something interesting happened

OK....something interesting happened

been telling my wife about this thread....and all the trim we have available....all of a sudden she becomes interested in trying to make some butter to cook with......she buys a small crock pot at wally world....a strainer....some cheese cloth.....and a coffee grinder........I was going to try and help her.....but....she has done here own research....watched a bunch of videos.....and read these threads.....I watch her process...and was concerned that the dosage may be week....but the quality of the trim and small buds she was using was excellent....she had 1 zone per lb of butter....then I added added another oz per lb right at the end of the process...."making sure".....lol.

She made cookie bars & chocolate/vanilla rice crispy treats & chocolate and vanilla solid candy chunks......they look and taste excellent.......

not knowing if the dosage was correct.....I choose to be the official tester......I was only going to eat 1/2 a crispy treat....and wait an hour, and see where I was.....but I was hungry and it was excellent tasting, I ate the whole thing.:tiphat:

wow........frickin......total indica...couch lock...starting at 45 minutes after, eating it.......thirsty yes....took me 2 hours just to be able to get off the couch....filled my drink...hit the head...back on the couch....for 3 more hours....then had dinner....and still great body stone......slept like a baby.....its morning now.....and
I now believe.....a 1/2 would of been perfect......but that's just me.

There is no...bad taste or marijuana smell to these...at all....filtering and your butter and then washing the brown stuff off.....makes a huge difference......my wife....did a great job.

good luck to everyone

I like this method better than the water method. We used 40 grams of Bubba Kush bud and a pound of butter. I don't have a small crock pot, so we used a double boiler. We got in 3 hrs @ 180F last night, turned-off the stove and let it sit until this morn. Brought it back-up to temp. , let cool slightly and put it thru the press. Made cookies. #1 they are above average for potency and taste great.

Does anyone know of a use for the butter-soaked herb? I suppose you could put it on the skin for pain relief.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
been telling my wife about this thread....and all the trim we have available....all of a sudden she becomes interested in trying to make some butter to cook with......she buys a small crock pot at wally world....a strainer....some cheese cloth.....and a coffee grinder........I was going to try and help her.....but....she has done here own research....watched a bunch of videos.....and read these threads.....I watch her process...and was concerned that the dosage may be week....but the quality of the trim and small buds she was using was excellent....she had 1 zone per lb of butter....then I added added another oz per lb right at the end of the process...."making sure".....lol.

She made cookie bars & chocolate/vanilla rice crispy treats & chocolate and vanilla solid candy chunks......they look and taste excellent.......

not knowing if the dosage was correct.....I choose to be the official tester......I was only going to eat 1/2 a crispy treat....and wait an hour, and see where I was.....but I was hungry and it was excellent tasting, I ate the whole thing.:tiphat:

wow........frickin......total indica...couch lock...starting at 45 minutes after, eating it.......thirsty yes....took me 2 hours just to be able to get off the couch....filled my drink...hit the head...back on the couch....for 3 more hours....then had dinner....and still great body stone......slept like a baby.....its morning now.....and
I now believe.....a 1/2 would of been perfect......but that's just me.

There is no...bad taste or marijuana smell to these...at all....filtering and your butter and then washing the brown stuff off.....makes a huge difference......my wife....did a great job.

good luck to everyone

:woohoo::laughing::laughing: :biggrin:

Anyone Hungry

Anyone Hungry

They are tasty...and strong.

bd7800ed-8d61-4df3-b5ed-10d4f65724c2_zpsf0e33b3b.jpg

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Bummer, I went to Arc and Goodwill yesterday. No coffee presses.

Wondering if anybody can think of any other mechanical devices that might be as good or better?

If not I'll just head off to Target for a new one. Or maybe the hardware store? Got some 2 quart jars at Ace the other day. Nobody else had the 2 quart ones.

ZZTops

Veteran
The coffee press is the best, no mess and no fines...

Second best is a Potato Ricer but you have to use cheese cloth to catch the fines...

L13652112a.jpg

2 Legal Co

Veteran
ZZ

Tbat might be more up my alley. Afraid I'll break the glass on the Coffee Press. lol

Hands don't work as well as they used to.

We don't use a press....grind up product use a crock pot.....8-12 hrs simmer....strain through cheese cloth....let it set up overnight...then wash off the bad stuff and jar....worked for us.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
:biggrin:Cook'in ..............butter.......

STill haven't found a coffee press. Oh well I just have to wing it.
Even went to Costco, Target, Bed Bath & expensive, and to Wally. No coffee press, not even a Ricer was... stirring...... just me.

Fly'in along on 1/4 of one of ZZ's cookies.

bmaster

stubborness...er ,persistence pays off

stubborness...er ,persistence pays off

Don't give up hope, brothers

After lurking a few different Walmarts a few different times, i finally found one.
This is an 8 cup press for $12.95 cdn, or 1 ltr for $19.95.

I haven't tried it yet. 4 weeks from harvest. Will let you know how well it works.:tiphat:

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Weeeeelllllll.... now we'll see if I can follow directions.

Collected, baked, and made 'fines' out of 3.25 oz. of AK47. Bit of trim, some slightly early picked bud, and about 2oz of good bud.

Despite my best efforts. I only retained just over 50% of the butter, after pressing. So got a bit over 2 cups of butter....

Then my curiosity got the best of me. I clarified another 2 cups of butter and cooked the slurry for another hour, and pressed the butter out.

Going to eat a cookie every hour to see if additional altitude is achieved. lol

First cookie was at 12:30..... Hoping to resemble a really jacked 'mad scientist' by Dinner time. Hope I don't have to eat a half dozen cookies to reach 35,000 feet altitude. More later,,,, maybe.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Don't give up hope, brothers

After lurking a few different Walmarts a few different times, i finally found one.
This is an 8 cup press for $12.95 cdn, or 1 ltr for $19.95.

I haven't tried it yet. 4 weeks from harvest. Will let you know how well it works.:tiphat:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42964&pictureid=1027902&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I purchased a Stainless Steel 'funnel', it's almost 7"s diameter at the top, and steppes in to about 5"s, 2/3 of the way down. So it has a shoulder to sit on when placed on top of a 2 cup Pyrex. Well, it sits on it anyway. The sides taper in on the pyrex. Has very fine holes in the bottom of it, shades of the holes in an old Percolator basket. I used a wooden stomping device to squeeze out the butter. $.99 at the Goodwill. Only thing I could find ATM.

Ended up with an oversized Pot Puck. :biggrin:

Now coffee presses, and Ricers, will be everywhere, since I'm done with this batch.