What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1-2-3 Sweet CannaButter

ZZTops

Veteran
Made some of my 1-2-3 Sweet CannaButter, thought I'd share so here's how...

1-2-3 Sweet CannaButter...

This is Sweet CannaButter and has NO GREEN TASTE at all since we do not use water...

(1) Take all your FRESH of the bush sugar buds and place on cookie sheets, about .75" to 1" deep...

Place in per-heated oven @ 260*F for 30 minutes, keep an eye on them and stir with a fork about half way thru...

Let cool over night in a dry, cool, dark area, uncovered on cookie sheets...

Notes...
This dose two things, dries the sugar buds fast for easy storage in the freezer or immediate use and decarbs the THCA into THC so your butter is now psychoactive...

picture.php

(2) Place butter in a crock pot on high ( 180*/200*F ) and melt, skim off the top white foam layer making it Ghee...

Add ground sugar bud to ghee and cook 6 to 12 hours in the crock pot on high, a light simmer and stirring often...

Notes...
Butter is up to 15% water and after making ghee, pressing you will lose some volume...

Here I'm using 3.5 cups butter to 3oz's of sugar bud in hopes of getting 3 cups of Sweet CannaButter...

One Ounce of Good Sugar Bud to One Cup of Butter is my normal dose...

To grind the material I put it in a 1 gal ziplock and freeze, them hand smash in ziplock and it shedders like glass...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ZZTops

Veteran
(3) Place material/butter in to a French Coffee Press while still hot and Press, pour into one cup jars and let cool...

Notes...

It is now ready to use or store in the freezer for later use...

Since we Decarbed this butter it will be very affective without any further processing and can be consumed as is but gets even better baked into your favorite cookies...

This is Sweet CannaButter and has NO GREEN TASTE at all since we do not use water...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ZZTops

Veteran
lol... Love Your Handel, Thanks for Stopping By...:tiphat:

No... you can use dried trim/sugar buds the same way, just watch it close in Decarb Process, do not let them smoke/burn...

One would Think you do not need to decab if your going to bake your cookies any ways...

I've done it both ways and this is the best...:thank you:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Awesome!

Only step I would change would be to pre-make the ghee. I pour the melted ghee (after skimming) through a wire strainer... gets rid of all the solid chunks that form on the bottom. Also makes it shelf-stable... meaning you don't have to keep it in the fridge. :)

Looks tasty! :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Can't wait to try it.

How about a recipe to go with the butter?

Hydro; What are the 'chunks' on the bottom? My lungs don't like smoke much these days so this thread is of great interest, and will be very useful. Cookie!

on edit; ZZ Do you 'freeze' the butter or just refrigerate? The Glass jars, brought the Q to mind.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Can't wait to try it.

Hydro; What are the 'chunks' on the bottom? My lungs don't like smoke much these days so this thread is of great interest, and will be very useful.
When you make ghee... the usual method is to heat till simmering... skim off the foam that forms and then, after about 10 minutes, pour through a fine screen or cheesecloth/muslin. There are two forms of 'bad stuff(TM)' in butter... the one floats and the other sinks.

The clear liquid that remains after filtration is the 'Good Stuff(TM)'. LOL

Edit: Here's a nice video of the process Pouring it through a strainer lined with cheesecloth works better than trying to scoop out the solids. :)

I believe the lower temps of the crock pot aren't pulling out the sinkers... no problem if you can process butter. :) Making true ghee first will ensure that everyone can digest it, no matter their blood type. Pretty cool stuff, actually. :)

So simple.... soooo delicious! Thanks again for posting this. :)

Last edited:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Wife caught that nasty flu going around and should be kicking it tomorrow afternoon sometime. The 'sore-throat' is more of an irritation for us (just beginning with me)... so went looking for something to ease it. :)

Made her a Canna-Honey Hot-Toddy... couple tablespoons of canna-ghee, almost double that in honey (gooood honey) and hot water. Stir and sip. Helps the throat.

DELICIOUS! Especially without the canna-water yuck taste! lol

ZZTops

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by All...

Great Info on the Ghee Hydro, I normally only skim the top stuff off as it can burn in the cooking process...

Hot Buttered Rum on a Cold Night to All...:tiphat:

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Thanks for that ghee tip Hydro. I keep going out looking at my close to harvest, check out the popcorn next to the stem, look at oven, look at popcorn. Damn you ZZ if I go out and trim me to much I'll be mad at you for sure. Oh I guess I should say I'm totally out of reefer

ZZTops

Veteran
Just Do It HH... :smokeit:

Here's my favorite cookie recipe I got from Motaco a few years ago and modified to my needs, fast and easy...

Cottonmounth Cookies

Ingredients...

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup softened 1-2-3 Sweet Cannabutter
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Yields 80/90 - 2" Cookies...

Directions...

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)...

Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda...

Beat the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth...

Beat in both egg, vanilla until completely incorporated and smooth...

Mix in the flour mixture until incorporated....

Take one level cookie scoop of dough and cut in half, round in palms of hand, slightly press and place on a ungreased cookie sheet...

Bake in the preheated oven 9 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely...

Note: You can add different extras, nuts, fruits, choc chips and the such if desired but it will diminish the dosage...

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
ZZ,

what is the dosage like with 1 cookie? I'm looking for a way to medicate (willingly of course) an elderly person with no cannabis tolerance whatsoever.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
ZZ,

what is the dosage like with 1 cookie? I'm looking for a way to medicate (willingly of course) an elderly person with no cannabis tolerance whatsoever.
I also have little tolerance... That said I eat 1/4 of a cookie and gain Substantial altitude. I intentionally hold my tolerance levels down. Maintaining altitude for 3-5 hours.

ZZ can advise you as to what folks with tolerance build up need. I ate a half once and it was just overpowering....lol...:biggrin:....:woohoo:

on edit; Understanding that I've spent 30 odd years being careful to avoid 'hot' UAs.
Now I R tired.

vapedg13

Veteran
now take it one step further..... wash your butter :)

remelt it under low temps...I use hot water in a pan on the stove and place a glass with cannabuter in it in the water until melted.

Now add hot water to the cannabutter that melted ...stir the mix ...water and butter seperates as it cools in the fridge

normally you want to wash your butter like 3-4 times

On the left...nasty brown water 1st wash............on the .right 2 washes later waters clearing up

002-50.jpg

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
now take it one step further..... wash your butter :)
If your cannabis was really dirty... yeah.

Otherwise it's not really necessary to wash this type of butter. Especially if your poured it through a fine muslin cloth to filter it. :) There's no 'brown nasty' because there isn't any water used with this process.

Great for water based cannabutter though. :)

vapedg13

Veteran
If your cannabis was really dirty... yeah.

Otherwise it's not really necessary to wash this type of butter. Especially if your poured it through a fine muslin cloth to filter it. :) There's no 'brown nasty' because there isn't any water used with this process.

Great for water based cannabutter though. :)

no bro my cannabutter is not a water based cannabuter.. water is only used for cleaning the cannabutter after its made

mine is made from greenish volcano vaporizer duff(decarbed weed) and butter.... then I clean it

if you mix that butter pictured on page 1... with water....the water will turn brown

This is called a liquid-liquid extraction, and takes advantage of the different solubilities of polar (salts) vs nonpolar (hydrocarbons) compounds in polar (water) vs nonpolar (oil) solvents

....................ANY CANNABUTTER CLEANED THIS WAY WILL HAVE BROWN WATER FIRST CLEANING.....................

Orignal Poster ZZTOPS..... try cleaning one of your jars of cannabuter...tell us what you get

005-34.jpg