What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Thai Sativas

Samson4

Veteran
Did you make that cross yourself? Do you have an Angola Red grow report anywhere, most information I find is in Spanish.

Yes, I made the cross myself. Here is a pic showing the leaf structure. Are you looking to grow an Angola sativa?

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I was just lamenting the fact that this thread is not very active, so I wanted to post something. Unfortunately, I don't have any pure Thai. I'm going post this 50% Thai:

This pic above is Purple Haze x Meao Thai from Ace seeds.

I think this thread has the most authentic looking Thai strains of any thread IMHO. The Thai I grew and attempted to grow back in the 1970s and early 1980s looked like the ones below. They had thin leaflets on the leaves that looked like they are trying to get away from each other by spreading out as far as they can. The serrations were very jagged. Just like these pictures from this thread below:

Even the Angola and Angola x Thai look more like Thai of the old Thai Stick days than most people's Thai pictures on other threads.

I've been going back and forth about which seed company to buy from that might have the best strains to get back to that '70s and early 80s highs that I love so much. Perhaps I should stop all this foolishness and buy from Gypsy Nirvana the Thai Stick seeds that look so much like my favorite of all time, Thai Stick.

Ha! Just as I started writing this post, I see that Numide has posted some Mangga Thai.

Long live the Thai!

ThaiBliss

bamboozle

ICMag Donor
Greetings,
Ha! Just as I started writing this post, I see that Numide has posted some Mangga Thai.

Link please? I have the Mangga Thai as well. Growing the original clone that I kept, along with some fresh seeds, hoping for a male. Its an awesome strain. Would love to see what others look like. Thanks.

Peace,
Bamboo

Edit: LOL. Nevermind. I see it above. Duh! I'll start posting some pics of the Mangga as well.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Very beautiful pictures... it's great that some people still gets some pure stuff. Nowadays it's getting more difficult to gather old strains from the Hmong tribes in Thailand, Lao, Burma or Vietnam. Probably as far as I've hear... more chances to find old genes in Cambodia and Lao than in Thailand, where many years ago the smugglers themselves hybridised them to get more crops per season. I need to find the old story about Mr Asia Syndicate and the thai sticks.

I've got a few SE Asian lines as I've been always fascinated by them: Mango Thai RSC(different than Mangga lol), Red Thai RSC and the old line Thai82. We have some other Cambodians, Lao or Vietnam but it's a lot of work to be done and time is needed to study them thoroughly. With the help of some contributors we will reproduce them in a few months. We will look for the real long flowering tropical ones and more interesting plants and run separate sibling lines, even with the hermies to compare them in the future. As soon as we have fresh seeds, we will be happy to share some so all the Thai Preservation Division will have good chances to find males and make fresh seeds from their rare lines! LOL

Vibes! :)

ahortator

Veteran
S

shokdee

Yes, I made the cross myself. Here is a pic showing the leaf structure. Are you looking to grow an Angola sativa?
Thank you Samson4 the foto, and I'm pleased to see you are still active and will contact you about the Angola cross :)

Purple Clouds plans to preserve the Red Angola strain and also to cross it with his Super Metal Haze (Rain Thai x (Haze x Haze)). Check out the Liamba thread.

Now back to the action...

Useless

I had posted some pics yesterday, but apparently my post was deleted for some reason?
Can someone (mods) tell me why?

Samson4

Veteran
Im glad you guys are keeping this thread going. I have had so much on my plate that I come home completely exhausted.

You all seem to enjoy the Thai leaf structure so here is a Thai x Acapulco leaf I snatched off a pregnant lady. She has been hit with (Guerroberry x Acapulco)haze pollen. Everything I crossed with my thai, with the exception of the Angola x Thai I made, inherited the sensitivity to nutrients.

Samson4

Veteran
I had posted some pics yesterday, but apparently my post was deleted for some reason?
Can someone (mods) tell me why?

I don't know if it was technical or anything, but please feel free to repost them. I didn't get to see them. This thread is intended to be a showcase of everyone's Thais. Thanks for contributing.

S

shokdee

Sawatdee (hello in Thai) and a very big welcome to sativafiend. Really looking forward to more posts from you!

$hokdee

Hi Sawatdee , very and amazing Thai , do you have a smoke report about him ? or i have miss it in the past message ? have a great days and good continuation to all the sativa lover

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I was just lamenting the fact that this thread is not very active, so I wanted to post something. Unfortunately, I don't have any pure Thai. I'm going post this 50% Thai:
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43291&pictureid=1022441&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

This pic above is Purple Haze x Meao Thai from Ace seeds.

Sawatdee,

I used the male plant posted before and crossed it with a SAGE mother that I'm fond of. I got the most amazing seedling that is showing Thai-like traits even more than the father. SAGE is supposed to have Haze in its lineage, but the Haze used must have been a Thai leaning individual for my cross to look even more like Thai than the father.

Here are some pictures:

picture.php

picture.php

The leaves are fatter than what I would expect, but I think the shape looks Thai-like to me. The structure of the stem, thin; huge internode distance; branching, are what make me think of Thai. I'm hoping for the potency and effect to be like Thai Stick.

Cheers,

ThaiBliss

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I have some thai in at the moment,
just starting to flower ,
they are from an old thai cannabis farmers family,
mr kangativa grew some this season and last i believe,
im pretty excited about them ...

ill get some pics later on ,
in the meantime , heres some i grew a few years ago,
from the brickweed available in thailand grown in laos ..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

S

shokdee

Wow wonderful, thanks Ducky. Glad to see you here and all the best with the Kangativa Project. Best wishes to Kangativa and his family.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
always good to see u raco,
and your pretty girls,
that one certainly has my eye,
those dangling leafs and thin eruptive growth tips ...

S

shokdee

Sawatdee to Thai bliss

Hee hee, waiting a long time to write that!

Chok dee, means good luck in Thai.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Sawatdee,

I used the male plant posted before and crossed it with a SAGE mother that I'm fond of. I got the most amazing seedling that is showing Thai-like traits even more than the father. SAGE is supposed to have Haze in its lineage, but the Haze used must have been a Thai leaning individual for my cross to look even more like Thai than the father.

Here are some pictures:

View Image

View Image

The leaves are fatter than what I would expect, but I think the shape looks Thai-like to me. The structure of the stem, thin; huge internode distance; branching, are what make me think of Thai. I'm hoping for the potency and effect to be like Thai Stick.

Cheers,

ThaiBliss

This plant is getting very pungent. It smells like sour cat piss chemical citric cleaner. Smells like I should stay away from it, as if it will cause my sinuses to bleed or something. Of course, I can't. I'm keenly attracted and violently repelled at the same time.

:biggrin:

I think it is going to be very good!

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Cool advice, SSO. Opens possibilities :) it does.

May I also suggest vaping the leaf bud mix, as the extra cellulose from the leaf will be less of an issue that way and not end up in your lungs.

Actually, I save myself a bunch of trimming in general since it's all gonna end up in the volcano chamber anyway.
Seeds aren't an issue either, and are tasty after toasting.

cheers

hmm, i have some vietnamese grass, bit thinner leaves, but rather similar.

always when i bought it in nam (i got the seeds from bags) it was mostly leaves with a few tiny buds.

still blew my mind the first time i smoked it. (very stimulative to say the least.)

and, when i tried a few leaves while it was in vegstate, it had the same effect, just had to smoke abit more, not alot though.

so, i dont really bother with growing it for that a long time. 2-3 months in flowering, not really much further than the hybrids i have. didnt find that much difference in size or potency anyway. (maybe if i took it for a half a year or something, dont really know what the flowering time is on this strain.)

so i just cut the whole lot and dont bother with separating buds from leaves. just smoke it all combined. fanleaves and all. (they are rather nicely tasting with a fine buzz.)

have you tried smoking the leaves from yours?

Latest posts

Latest posts