What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Thai Sativas

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Your thai landrace looks so beautiful... thin and serrated leaves, looks even more interesting than other wild landraces sold by some seedbanks. Which area does it come from??

:)

Chomba64

Veteran
This Thai comes from the Lahu hilltribe in northern Thailand and Burma border. Seeds are always collected from the same source, a pure breeding strain. They have grown this particular strain for over 100 years. It is grown at 2000 meters. Peace

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Sounds great man, I'm looking forward more updates and pictures ofthem. Keep that line fresh and alive, it's a jewel! ;)

Chomba64

Veteran
I will post more pics soon. Noticed you are working with Qaxacan... One of my old time favorites. Do you have it pure? Peace

bushweed

Veteran
Hi Samson4, thanks for the thread. Man I really love Thai cannabis, a lot people think of Thais as potent, but I particularly like the quality of high - clean, stimulating, euphoric. Here's a GN Thai stick cut selected from a few packs, it takes 20+ weeks to finnish and has a pleasant sweet piney flavor that I've found to be pretty common among the Thais. Straight off the tree its a very friendly high, but becomes more and more psychedelic the longer it cures.
picture.php

picture.php

Samson4

Veteran
Hello Bushweed, I'm glad to see that pic. I have a couple that look very similar. I read about that Thai and hoped to get similar genetics. Of the Gn Thai I have, this one is the one I'm keeping a close eye on.

Samson4

Veteran
More Thai

More Thai

So I've been getting questions of the origins of these ladies. They are from further south than most Thai genetics on the market. More preciously, they are from the elevated tropical forest just north of Phucket. I'd imagine they have more in common with Malaysian sativa than Thais from up north.

They are very light feeders. They are so light in color they seem transparent. Which has me worried they are starving, but when I feed them more; they respond with burned tips.

I

Iron_Lion

Those are the thinnest leaves I have ever seen.

I'd love to try a pure thai someday, but their flowering times keep me away for now.

I bet if you can finish those out properly they will be some ass kicking herbs.

Samson4

Veteran
I'd love to see these girls through to the end, but I have no idea how long that is. I've gone damn near 40 weeks before and they didn't finish. I'm thinking a cross with haze would help tame her.

I

Iron_Lion

I'd love to see these girls through to the end, but I have no idea how long that is. I've gone damn near 40 weeks before and they didn't finish. I'm thinking a cross with haze would help tame her.

They're probably not suited for indoors. 40 weeks is a looooong haul.

The most I have ever gone was 22 weeks, 20 is about my cut off. I can only run maybe 1 plant like that a year because I just dont have the space to dedicate to plants like that.

Samson4

Veteran
I have heard only bad things about it. I have not grown it, but I'd rank it below other offerings. At least in terms of purity of Thai genes.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran

lol try DJ's Flo/F13. Not a pure sativa but it'll get the job done for sure without sacrificing quality. Should also add that comfort/euphoric appeal DJ's blue family is known for. If you're only interested in using something pure for an outcross I'd suggest Ace's panama green over haze. Finishes in 11 to 12 weeks and a bit euphoric as well :blowbubbles: