What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rookie Aero Flo Grow Together

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
- mr. gt

I understand - glad to have ya kicking around here in any capacity. H2O2 will change the pH and ppm - you will need to reduce regular nutes. Zone and silica have worked well for me - more so in combating heat generated pythium than anything else. Putting a bad apple in the barrel is always risky! It's sometimes hard to set aside the wimpy or diseased plant, but darwin is still hard at work all the time.

At 14 days in the cloner:

Roots:

These need about another week to even out. Next step is topping and pruning. They will need another 10-14 days after that before they are ready to go to bloom.

One practice with the cloners that I use is to change them out rather than top them off. It's only 5 minutes and a quarters worth of nutes - well worth it!

-AK

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome DetroitFarmer to the group!

He's a little bit ahead - but that's OK. We will have folks at all different time lines.

I'm a couple days away from topping my clones - still looking at about 18 days away from planting.

Here's some early hints for DetroitFarmer who's going plant to the unit shortly.

My current starting recipe for my 40 gallon rez is:

In RO water:

120 ml DM gold A
120 ml DM gold B
60 ml pH down
50 ml Silica
50 ml Zone

Start by adding the pH down, Silica and Zone. Let this circulate before adding A & B. Doing this helps avoid Ca participating out of solution.

Wait at least 3 hours to take readings.

For me this results in a pH of 6.2 and 460 ppm. You should be pretty close to these numbers. If your plants are in the unit - they drag nutes and affect your numbers. Its a good idea to do this before putting any plants in the unit next time. It's not hard to burn plants if you are putting high concentrations in bursts through the system. Sides - you really need to know the exact amounts of these nutes you must have to get to these numbers.

I will go through the start up process in more detail when I plant my clones. In the mean time please ask questions.

-AK

yeah u have to delete it to recieve another only way, either that or make 50 posts

is there any trick to doing this quickly? I do most of my posting from my iphone and this site is rather slow so doing that continuosly is quite a pain..... can i start my own forum and post all my personal progress or something to speed it up?

Thanks again for letting me in guys... i am at the library attempting to load up some pics of what is going on in my place so far... I didnt read through the other threads completely before i acted som my clones are already in my aero and i topped them a few days ago... the roots havent taken to the pot yet.. should i move them back into the cloner or just reduce stress and leave them?

These pics are from this morning... about 4 days after being moved into cloner.

I am putting multiple posts to reach my 50 :)

Now, they appear to be almost nute burnt? i dont have RO water yet.. hopefully within a month i will. I am getting the same nutez as yall within a few days.... I am at the library printing off the sheets that AK uses for keeping records.

-AK i noticed on some of your data sheets that your tds was in the 400's... How different is ppm and should it be that low too?

Thanks all

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
-DetroitFarmer

Since you have them in the unit already - lets just veg them here. What nutes are in it?

tds and ppm are the same for our purposes. Ec is the real value the meter measures. My target tds levels range from 420 - 460.

If your tds is over 500, your plants most likely will burn.

-AK

-AK: after all the research i tried to do i came to the conclusion that under 900ppm was okay... anywho, it was around 770 and i added water to drop it to 606... I will go add more when i get home.. I am running Floragro, micro, calmag, and protekt... Really just a mix of what was laying around until we reup on nutez this week. Also, i am curious why you use the nutez u r for this run. Are they your choice of nutez or just cheap enough so everyoen can afford the same?

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Check out the nutes section in the tips n trix thread. DM nutes are quite cheap and pH stable. You need to read that section on bloom nutes. The recipe is prolly the most important thing you will get in this experiment.

-AK

-AK

I am reading this tips n tricks n my ppm was way too high... What now? I added water and brought it down to 415... Should I go lower or even just straight water for a couple days? They appear to be nute burnt right now... I am still figuring out how to use this forum on my iPhone so no pics:-(

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
-DF

Leave it where it is(415) for a few days and try to stabilize the plants. We will want to see some decent root growth and hopefully move to the nute recipe. Let me know how they look tommorow.

-AK

-AK

I just noticed in a pic on your other thread that u use powder koolbloom... Is that the case for this grow or are u using the liquid?

I'm ordering nutez asap

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
-DF

Yes we will use the powder in bloom - you are prolly 3-4 weeks away from needing it. If you don't have veg nutes, you can use base bloom nutes for a week or two to grow out the tops to get ready to flip into bloom.

At this point, lets get your situation stabilized and we will evaluate to see where to go next. Make sure you understand what you need to know to take the next step. Being first can be tough - we will get you through this, but keep in mind that next time vegging in the cloner is soo much easier and will result in better outcomes.

no worries.

-AK

-AK

U are the man! I lowered my ppm yesterday as i said and today they seem to be looking better already... The smallest one was touching the hydroton last night and is about an inch over it now... After i added water to lower ppm i rinsed each pot with fresh water and the ppm dropped to about 380.... I have floragro and micro.. could i use those for the veg this time? I will get all the proper nutez for the flower this week and a RO machine asap!!

Also, after reading your thread about how to plant the clones with the roots wrapped around the outside i took them out and did it... THE AERO ROOTS HAVE ARRIVED :)

Babies in unit vegging

Babies in unit vegging

Finally got far enough along on room updates to get my clones into my unit to start vegging.

first pic love those roots

Second pic of babies in my unit.

tds at 460 ph 6.2

I will trim up leaves when they start taking off.

Attachments

• roots.JPG
    roots.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 15
  • veg in unit day 1.JPG
    veg in unit day 1.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 19

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Topping and Pruning Clones

Its day 22 and I've let the clones roll for a couple extra days so they would be a touch big so I could even them out a little more.

Here we go!

Cloner Before:

Roots:

Clone Before:

Clone After:

Cloner After:

The strategy here is to get a very healthy base powering just 2 shoots. As you can see, it's a pretty severe top and prune. All of the new shoots are close in height to each other - this gives us a better chance of even clones - and ultimately - an even bloom canopy. They look a lil bedrageled now, but in 2 weeks we will have a very strong 2 headed clone - ready to go to bloom.

I always change out to fresh nutes(same recipe - 15A/15B/15K+) at this step.

As always, your questions are welcome.

-AK

AK

I am going out of twin for work until Thursday. I will return with all the nutez.. What do I get for veg?? I see ur formula above but is that veg a&b and koolbloom? Sorry if I'm just confused....