What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

yellowing 15 days into flower!

shredGnar

okay guys, this has got me a bit worried.. some of my plants are slowly yellowing only 15 days into flower. it looks a bit like nitrogen def. as there is still green in between some of the yellowing leaves.

i have 36 plants under 4k, in a sealed room.. temps are kept around 72 , ppm is and RH is from 40-50

I'm running the lucas formula, right around 1400 PPM, adding back nutes and water as necessary. p.H was at 6.2 this afternoon i also use a bit of hygrozyme, h202, and cal mag as they looked a bit mag deficient

plants are in 6 inch hugo blocks, and are in ebb and flow buckets, flooded once a day for 30 minutes. should i cut back to once every other day until they get larger? they look a bit over watered so i skipped their watering yesterday

any help or ideas would be appreciated guys! here are the pics,, tell me if I need to take some as soon as the lights are turning on for better color.. thanks guys!

picture.php

picture.php

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
1400 PPM's you are not underfeeding, you using an electronic pH meter? get the $5 drops and double check/calibrate your meter.

I always do 5.8 in hydro, different nutrients are absorbed better (or not at all) at certain pH's.

red stem on the leaf on the left indicates to me the pH is off, thus affecting nutrient availability.

shredGnar

it's a blue lab guardian.. I just calibrated about a week ago. I changed the reservoir about a week ago and the pH was 5.7, and it has risen slowly rising since.

pH after mixing the lucas formula is 5.3 and I added some silica to rise it to 5.7..

should I change the res, and let the pH stay at 5.2 instead of raising it to 5.7?

eyes

Veteran
use the ph drops like zen said. i use em as well. 1400 is high in my book, how old are they? 30 min flood a day is good if there real small. if there in flower, thats not nearly enough. aim for 3 floods with lights on. i like 5.9 for hydro or coco which is what i do. i wouldnt balance my nutrient with silica and i dont use it. use ph up or down . look for a color between orange and yellow on the test kit. change the rez once a week. balance it to 5.9. your using flora series nutes? the micro and bloom? i like flora nova. a little goes a long way and all in one nutrient in one bottle with a balanced ph once mixed. 5.3 is too low a ph. aim for 5.7-6.3 max drift if thats your style. check your ph once a day and add your down or up if need be.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree I have never used more then 1200ppm or 1.7-2ec. I use 5.8 but the diff is negligible.. The Blue lab is one of the most acurate combo meters on the market. I would trust its readings.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Hi Shred, say man, it'd help alot if you could get a picture of em with white light an not hps. This way we can tell what part of the plant is yellowing..... Sounds like ya have everthing covered, Im sure it couldn't be to much. BC

shredGnar

use the ph drops like zen said. i use em as well. 1400 is high in my book, how old are they? 30 min flood a day is good if there real small. if there in flower, thats not nearly enough. aim for 3 floods with lights on. i like 5.9 for hydro or coco which is what i do. i wouldnt balance my nutrient with silica and i dont use it. use ph up or down . look for a color between orange and yellow on the test kit. change the rez once a week. balance it to 5.9. your using flora series nutes? the micro and bloom? i like flora nova. a little goes a long way and all in one nutrient in one bottle with a balanced ph once mixed. 5.3 is too low a ph. aim for 5.7-6.3 max drift if thats your style. check your ph once a day and add your down or up if need be.

yup, I'm using 8ml micro, and 16ml bloom per gallon per Lucas's instructions.. I thought flora nova was just these two mixed?

shredGnar

I agree I have never used more then 1200ppm or 1.7-2ec. I use 5.8 but the diff is negligible.. The Blue lab is one of the most acurate combo meters on the market. I would trust its readings.

2 EC is 1400 ppm?? I'm using .7 conversion
perhaps I should try lowering ppm to 1200.. I' have heard pineapple express is a nitrogen HOG. do they appear to be overfed? I was feeding them this same mixture the whole way throughout veg with no yellowing at all, they seemed to not get enough.

And yes, I love the blue lab!

shredGnar

Is the yellowing on older, lower fan leaves?

Yes

what strain are you growing?

ah, forgot to mention. pineapple express

Hi Shred, say man, it'd help alot if you could get a picture of em with white light an not hps. This way we can tell what part of the plant is yellowing..... Sounds like ya have everthing covered, Im sure it couldn't be to much. BC

thanks man, I was in class today and lights turned on before I could make it over there. Will snap some tomorrow and have them posed around 7 MT.

Root aphids.

What makes you think this? What's a good way to find out? Roots appear to be healthy and white, and I am using hygrozyme.

Fungas gnats have been a problem before however I never have seem them yellow like this due to them, and I have been using misquito dunks and have not seen many, if any, flying around anymore.

Thanks alot for all the responses guys!

shredGnar

Root aphids.

dude!! you rock!! looked in the bottom of my buckets about an hour ago and see little white things at the bottom, they looked like little pieces of roots, but when I touched them they shriveled up like a slug! Aphid larvae!!

Hydro store was closed today so I made it to ace just before the closed and after some internet research on my phone, got some bayer with imidacloprid in it. mixed at 5ml/gal and am going to run this for a few days before changing the res..

any advise for me? I've heard these things are hard to get rid of..

The yellowing started about a week ago and has only affected about 25% of my plants.. how bad will this hurt my yield? Bud production seems to be on track for their age, I'd hate to pull them down now but would rather cut my losses on early on than halfway through!

thanks again, man! :tiphat:

shred

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Take a stroll thru the root aphid thread you'll find some good advice there.i would finish out this round and start from SCrATch next round. And I mean scratch!
Another one bits the dust.
Good luck with em dude

shredGnar

Sounds like you've got things under control.

This is good advice-

thanks again bro, from one CO grower to another!

did a dunk with SNS today after the bayer yesterday..

lots of dead bugs in my controller bucket!

next time I make my way to FOCO I'll have to smoke you out!