What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

is this a ph issue??

G

Guest1298

Alright everyone here is a cpl of pics of my plants they are 3 weeks into 12/12 they have been feeding on biogrow 1ml per 1ltr
2ml of bio bloom per 1ltr and regen a root 1ml per 1ltr..i have been feeding them this at a ph of around 6.4..i bought a new bluelab ph meter and i have calibrated it..as you can see the leafs have somthing wrong with them..this has only started
since i have been using the ph meter...does anyone have an
idea of whats wrong? they are in allmix..oh aye and i gave em
some headmasta at 1ml per 1ltr..also the headmasta has a funny smell i dont no if its supposed to smell loke that..cheers Dank

G

Guest1298

sorry toxic_hippie i havent tried to ph the run off as i havent watered em enough to get run off...sorry am a noob grower
so i should water till i get run off

Guest02345

IMO you should always get about 10% outta the bottom what you put in. ie (just an example) if you use 10 gallons of water in 1 pot you should have about 1 gallon of run off. this way it ensures that your plants get plenty of water...it also helps flush out any salt build up.

so just collect the runoff and see what it says.

hope this helps you fix your problem...or at least narrow down the possibilities of what it could be.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
I think they're hungry, thats not much in the way of nutrients for a plant that size.

BC

G

Guest1298

thanx everyone for the help i will check run off tomorrow the ec of the feed is ec1.0 - ec1.2..atb dank

G

Guest1298

I think they're hungry, thats not much in the way of nutrients for a plant that size.

BC

can i ask what ec would you feed these plants there in flower 3 weeks tomorrow at the moment they get ec1.2...cheers Dank..

G

Guest1298

ok folks just watered the plants with feed ph 6.4 and run off was 6.7..anyone tell me if the run off is good or bad because i dont have a clue... i watered em till i got a little run off cheers Dank

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Hi Dank. At this point (3-4 weeks) yer plants have used up most of the nutreints in the soil, and now are depending on you to supply them with more to stay vigorous.

I've never used the bio line before, so Im not sure how much to tell you use. It being fairly low in its NPK value Ill bet you could boot it up alot more.

To give ya some idea of what Im talking about: I use Pure Blend Pro for soil (NPK value is 1-4-5). I start at a table spoon (15ml) per gal every other watering. Then as the plant progresses and shows positive signs of being healthy and liking it, I add more. During the peak of flower ( week 3-6 on an 8 week strain) I may give it up to 3 table spoons (45mls) per gal every other water and sometimes every watering if she's liking it. So you can see they like and need to eat.

Yer PH is fine. Messuring the run-off is not accurate anyway. Besides the allmix yer using has a lot of humates in it, this buffers the PH and the plant will feed regardless of the PH. Jus start with water thats fairly nutetral around 7 add yer Bio-Bizz nutes and go, no need to PH it from there on out. I've grown thousands of plants and I never PH anything. Its the best part of growing with organics!

You could start a thread asking Bio-Bizz users to give ya a base line to go by and tweek it to suit yer plants needs. Jus pay close attention like you have been and they'll tell ya what they want, what they really-really-want! lol I hope this helps ya understand it alil better. Yer off to a great start, you jus need to dail in the nutes. Hollar if you dont understand something. Good luck! BC

Siomha

BIO BIZZ 100% ORGANIC RECIPE

Bio Bizz Hydroponic & Soiless Recipe
(Click here for printable version PDF 300k)

For best results add 1 part pre-mix to 20 parts soiless mix

ALL VALUES ARE PER GALLON
PH WATER TO 7.0 BEFORE ADDING BIO BIZZ PRODUCTS

rooted cuttings - 18 or 24 hours of light
root juice
Do NOT use Root Juice until the plant has roots
week 1 8ml
vegative stage - 18 hours of light
root juice
fish mix
week 1 8ml 4ml If Yellowing occurs,
Foliar spray 12ml / gallon Fish Mix & Water once per week
Do not spray when high powered lights are on
week 2 8ml 8ml
week 3 8ml 8ml

Transition to flower: (hardest time of a plants life)
All transplanting should be done. Make sure daytime temp is around 80°. Very important that nighttime temperatures stay above 70°, this will improve your internodal spacing & reduce stretching. First week of flower keep your lights at least 24” above plants

flowering stage - 12 hours of light
bio grow
bio bloom
alg-a-mic
fish mix top max
week 1 4ml 4ml 8ml 4ml
week 2 4ml 4ml 8ml 4ml
week 3 8ml 8ml 8ml 4ml
week 4 8ml 8ml 8ml 4ml
week 5 12ml 12ml 12ml 4ml
week 6 12ml 12ml 12ml 16ml
week 7 16ml 16ml 16ml 16ml
week 8 16ml 16ml 16ml 16ml
week 9 rinse with ph balanced fresh water & 12ml Top Max for entire week
If going 8 weeks of flower, skip week 5
Ripening stage:
Use fresh water only for minimum 7 days Lowering temperature in dark cycle during last week will promote higher crystal & resin production.
If your plants become stressed at any stage:
Some stresses can be caused from: lights being too close / over fertilization / insect infestation / temperature fluxuation Raise the lights to 24” , water plants with fresh water for 2 waterings, when plants show signs of growth again, continue with regular feeding program.
Ensure that your plants dry out between watering.

G

Guest1298

alright everyone here is some pics of the plants now i was under feeding them big time at ec1.2...they look to be getting worse
should i bump the feed up to ec1.6..here is the pics let me no what you thinki dont no if i should cut em and start again
cheers Dank

i am running 600watts on ovedrive 14ins above plants

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Looks like most of the yellowing is on the top half. If thats the case chances are yer light is jus too close and its slowly bleaching them. 14 inches is close for 600 watts.

If its an issue of nutrients, the bottom, and or oldest fan leaves will be the first to go.

Why would you wanna cut em now for? yer running 600 watts on overdrive, BABY! :biglaugh:

BC

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
here is the pics let me no what you thinki dont no if i should cut em and start again

Oh Jesus, please dont do that. There is a shortage of perfectly good marijuana in the world and if you wait another 6 weeks, you will supply it with some.

'Cut em and start again'... why I never.

Hazeo

Veteran
Hey ,

i am totally with FoCo, don´t cut the lady´s, thats not necessary.
Bring it through the whole cycle, you will gain some experiences at least.
It doesn´t look soo bad...

just a question: do you let the soil dry out properly in between? try to ensure that at least after every secound watering.

as well you wrote that you use bio bloom and a root stimulator? which bloom-product is this - canna bio bloom??? since when do you use the bloom-feeding?
you said that you put the ph to 6.4; why do you messure it and how do you adjust it?

i think it is not necessary to adjust the ph on soil with the bio-fertilizers i know until now.
as well putting a mass of snake-poisons into the nutrient-solution, like boosters, accellerators and stuff, won´t be positive for your plants and doesn´t stand in any relation to the money they cost!

Just give the bloom nutrients, if it is a good product there should be everything in it. give some root-stimulator when repotting, when stress occurs and sometimes in between, that should be totally fine and enough!

Do you give the pots a little drain with every feeding? i would try to water with a little drain at least even when growing with bio-fertilizers.

If you like to control the ph of your nutrient-solution try to do that only by mixing the water from different water sources to the ph you want. using this method you don´t need citrus-juice (that will fall out into -something- after a while) or even ph-down/up chemicals (that will definitely harm the nutrients of the bio-ferts) and your nute-solution is in a proper range too.

Concerning the ec of your nute-solution and using bio-fertilizers...
...most of the nutrients diluted in the bio-fertilizers are not measurable with a ec-meter. the don´t occur in there as salts like they do in mineral-ferts - and for that ferts these ec-meters are made...
so you have to get experienced with this bio-bloom product, then you know when to feed exactly how much for which strain. but doing this with bio-fertilizers is quite hard, cause the nutrients don´t get effective instantly with watering them into the soil. they have to be rebuild into plant-absorbable nutrients; most of this job is done by millions of microorganisms in the soil. especially these microorganisms don´t like chemical ph-up/down, it is poison for them.

Good Luck!

greets
Hazeo

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they are looking pretty decent actually for a new grower.

how close is your light, and what kind of light is it?

You may need to feed them a little more. looks like a cal/mag issue. try adding cal/mag or epsom salts. but not to much. you may just need to back your light off.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

You should have/need to report them...I bet roots are getting crowded.

Siomha

mine looked pretty shabby at first till i was able to repot them.
now it is a whole different story, they all recovered and the plants look great so far.
good luck to you

G

Guest1298

hi there guys thanx for the replys and info. i have decided yo run them till the end of flowering..i am using a 600watt running in overdrive which i think hits em with 665watts the light was 13ins away from top of plants but i have moved it to 18ins away from tops of plants i made up 10ltrs of water yesterday and added 2 level tsp of epson salts & watered until i got some run off out of pots when i was watering before i didnt wter till run off.. i measure the ph with a blue lab ph pen and i lower the ph with
ph down acid..i use regen a root and bio bloom from bio bizz
thanx for the help

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i have looked over your whole thread. in the beginning it looked like your pH was off, as indicated by the rust spots in the middle of your leaves. but judging by the latest pictures everything is back to normal. they could use a little bit more nitrogen i suppose, thats about it. aren't you past week 6? shouldn't you be tapering off nutes?

i mean on an 8 week strain we would be feeding plain water by now. i see nothing wrong with those plants, and chopping a bad grow in the middle is about the worst thing to do. how will you ever learn from your mistakes if you just scrap them halfway and then start new mistakes?

G

Guest1298

hi there i was told this strain is better if it goes 10weeks i am only week 4 of flower on the 28th of april...so i hope she makes it another 6 weeks i will give em plain water in the last 2 weeks of flower...thanx dank