What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Restrictive Ordinances Popping up all over California!!!

MrBlue2

According the the local guidelines section of california normls web site there are now 52 restrictive ordinances in cities and counties in California, two years ago it was closer 20. The restrictions range from plant limits and space limits to outright bans on growing and/or dispensaries. It seems like every were i go in nor cal people are talking about a new ordinance thats gonna shut them down or force them to move els ware. I find that part of the problem is that a lot of growers and patients alike are not aware that their rights are being voted away or they just don't care. So what gives? are the tides turning? I've even heard talk of rewriting prop 215. Are the people of california really so fed up with the growers in their communities that they want them out? Or are the people in these communities just getting duped into voting in mayors, DA's, sheriffs, and board members who are really anti pot? Are these local ordinances even legal?

gingerale

Veteran
I don't know, but if the Feds and local thugs keep bombin the place out I have a feeling a lot of Cali talent is gonna be packin' up their game and headin East...or North....ya dig

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We've shot ourselves in the foot on this one. My area isn't conducive to outdoor, but the semi-local rag (based about 80 miles away) has had a continuous stream of articles, editorials, and letters about the influx of growers from the city. These people make for some piss-poor neighbors, with large outdoor grows, dogs, visible weapons, illegal timber felling to get better exposure (sometimes on other people's land), lights, etc, etc. Even people who supported mmj have a hard time swallowing massive grows for export out of the area, and dealing with a bunch of thugs when they want to ride their horses or their kids ride their bicycles.

If we don't figure out a way to police ourselves (pardon the term!), then it is going to be done for us. Momentarily having at least a portion of the law on our side doesn't give us the right to rub people's noses in it, and it damn sure isn't right to diminish their quality of life.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
They fucked up not voting prop 19 into law. Now its comming back to bite em in the ass. Fools...

BC

Double F

yes it is a coordinated assault on dispensaries...this is only changing the market its not going anywhere. most people operate delivery services...others grow under the disguise of 215 and broker on the black market and most just ends up shipped to colleges across america.

the game is changing quickly, i wonder how much longer before they attempt to rewrite 215 or implement new guidelines..most have just accepted that we operate in a grey area and we are never fully legal.

paper thorn

Veteran
They fucked up not voting prop 19 into law. Now its comming back to bite em in the ass. Fools...

BC
I agree, the anti pot crowd used the loss to claim a mandate against all MJ.

Here in AZ our prop 203 barely passed. The enemies try to say that means we really don't want it that bad. They say that people passed it because they thought it would be only for the near dead terminally ill. But the truth is that a lot of Pot Smokers voted against it for various reasons like a lot of stuff about it sucks.

Like no growing if you live within 25 miles of a dispensary.

Those pot smokers that voted against it while "holding out for something better" have given LEO and antis in general, ammo against us.

crazybear

So you guys would not encourage a person to move to northern cali to grow right now? Not me somebody I know is packing up& moving to Northern Cali soon to grow!!!!!!!!

S

SeaMaiden

yes it is a coordinated assault on dispensaries...this is only changing the market its not going anywhere. most people operate delivery services...others grow under the disguise of 215 and broker on the black market and most just ends up shipped to colleges across america.

the game is changing quickly, i wonder how much longer before they attempt to rewrite 215 or implement new guidelines..most have just accepted that we operate in a grey area and we are never fully legal.
Not just dispensaries, ANYTHING cannabis. Most of it really seems to be people who have a problem with pot, period.

MIway

Veteran
pendulum is swinging back hard here too... the ag has a hair up his ass... one man trying to retract the entire law. despite public favor.

I agree that Laws are constantly being passed to restrict Medical Cannabis, and things are going in the wrong direction. That said; the Public Polls I have seen are now in favor of a Tax and Regulate for Cannabis. Medical and Recerational use. Personal Opinion, is that the Anti-Cannabis movement knows they are losing the Public relations battle and are desperate in their actions to stop it.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All I can say is if we don't pass CLWA we are doomed to go back to the black market..

MrBlue2

We've shot ourselves in the foot on this one. My area isn't conducive to outdoor, but the semi-local rag (based about 80 miles away) has had a continuous stream of articles, editorials, and letters about the influx of growers from the city. These people make for some piss-poor neighbors, with large outdoor grows, dogs, visible weapons, illegal timber felling to get better exposure (sometimes on other people's land), lights, etc, etc. Even people who supported mmj have a hard time swallowing massive grows for export out of the area, and dealing with a bunch of thugs when they want to ride their horses or their kids ride their bicycles.

If we don't figure out a way to police ourselves (pardon the term!), then it is going to be done for us. Momentarily having at least a portion of the law on our side doesn't give us the right to rub people's noses in it, and it damn sure isn't right to diminish their quality of life.

I agree. It may only takes one negative experience or bad neighbor for a normal pro MMJ citizen to get turned completely against pot.

MrBlue2

So you guys would not encourage a person to move to northern cali to grow right now? Not me somebody I know is packing up& moving to Northern Cali soon to grow!!!!!!!!

that really depends on the persons circumstances, who they know, where they are going, and what there goals are.

MrBlue2

There is a board meeting in yuba county on 4/17/12 during which they will be discussing a proposed ordinance. If you live in or near yuba county you should show up and let your opinion be know.

here is the link to the proposed ordinance. its not a word document i think its scanned in so i cant copy and paste it. if you dont want to click on the this link there is also a link on the canorml website in the local guidelines section, and im sure you could also find the full version though google.

http://richmedia.onset.freedom.com/marysville/m05cax-yubapot.pdf

here is a summery copied from the yuba county growers association website.

Proposed Ordinance
OUTDOOR GROWING

1. For parcels LESS THEN ONE ACRE in size a single defined area of cultivation that does not exceed 100 square feet (10x10) with a 6 plant max cap.
2. For parcels at least ONE ACRE in size but not greater then 20 acres cultivation area not to exceed 250 square feet with a 12 plant max cap.
3. For parcels larger then 20 acres in size a cultivation area of 500 square feet with a 25 plant max cap.
Outdoor gardens shall not be in public view, and shall be surrounded by a fence, and shall not be accessible to minors.
All outdoor cultivation shall not be located on parcels in a manner that increases the potential to create a public nuisance, and shall reduce the potential by:
1. Locating the area of cultivation as close as possible to the cultivator's residence for security purposes.
2. Locating the area of cultivation no greater then 20 feet from the cultivator's residence on parcels less then one acre in size.
3. Locating the area of cultivation as far away as possible from neighboring residences.
Outdoor cultivation of marijuana shall not be located with in:
1. 10 feet of the property line and with in 300 feet of a school, school bus stop, park, or youth-oriented facility on parcels with outdoor cultivation on 100 or less square feet.
2. 50 feet of the property line and within 600 feet of a school, school bus stop, park, or youth-oriented facility on parcels with outdoor cultivation on more then 100 sq. feet but no more then 250 sq. feet.
3. 100 feet of the property line and with in one 1000 feet of a school, school bus stop, park, our youth-oriented facility on parcels with outdoor cultivation on more then 250 sq. feet but no more then 500 sq. feet.
The distances specified in this section shall be the horizontal distance measured in a straight line to the closest area in which the medical marijuana is cultivated.

Fencing:
Outdoor gardens shall be fully surrounded by a fence at least 6 feet tall but not greater then 8 feet in height with a locking gate and conform to the following:
A. fences over 6 feet in height will require proof of an approved building permit, and
B. Marijuana plants shall not be higher then the fence, and
C. The fence and gate mush be adequately secure to prevent unauthorized entry and keep the area out of reach of minors.
D. Bushes or hedgerows shall not constitute an adequate fence.

INDOOR GROWING

Indoor cultivation of marijuana shall not be in public view, shall not be accessible to minors, and shall not violate the County's Building and Zoning Ordinances by conforming to one of the following:
A. indoor cultivation of marijuana in an accessory structure that is greater then 120 square foot in size, and has received and approved building permit from Yuba County.
B. indoor cultivation of marijuana in an accessory structure that is 120 square foot of less in size, and all of the following are met:
1. The structure is not located within the front yard setback, is setback from the property line a didtance consistent with the zoning the parcel is located within, and in no case located within 5 feet of a property line and
2. The structure is one story in height, and
3. The structure has a roof, floor, and walls constructed of solid materials such as 3/8" or thicker plywood, glass, or equivalent materials, and
4. The structure obtains a building permit for any plumbing, mechanical or electrical equipment.
C. indoor cultivation of marijuana within the the habitable portion of a residence, and all of the following are met:
1. The dwelling is occupied by the qualified patient or primary care giver, and
2. The lighting used for cultivation does not exceed 1200 watts, and
3. No gas products (CO2, butane, etc.) are used and
4. The cultivation is not located with in the kitchen and
5. the dwelling maintains at least one operable bathroom, and
6. The defined area of cultivation is not more then 50 square feet.
No portion of any structure shall be altered unless a building permit has first been obtained, and under no circumstances shall any alterations create a frie-life-safty hazard.

if you are not OK with this, show up on the 17th and let them know. Bring people with you. We are shooting for 2000+ people to attend this BOS meeting. VERY IMPORTANT

YUBA COUNTY PROPOSED ORDINANCE

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
According the the local guidelines section of california normls web site there are now 52 restrictive ordinances in cities and counties in California, two years ago it was closer 20. The restrictions range from plant limits and space limits to outright bans on growing and/or dispensaries. It seems like every were i go in nor cal people are talking about a new ordinance thats gonna shut them down or force them to move els ware. I find that part of the problem is that a lot of growers and patients alike are not aware that their rights are being voted away or they just don't care. So what gives? are the tides turning? I've even heard talk of rewriting prop 215. Are the people of california really so fed up with the growers in their communities that they want them out? Or are the people in these communities just getting duped into voting in mayors, DA's, sheriffs, and board members who are really anti pot? Are these local ordinances even legal?

..... and most of them do not hold up in state court. California 3rd district court of appeals and the California supreme court has deemed plant limits can only be determined by you and your doctor on 3 separate occasions.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All I can say is if we don't pass CLWA we are doomed to go back to the black market..

yup but you still have greedy piece of shit growers that are voting no against it. Just an example, Krunchbubble, here owns multiple dispensaries and is voting no to protect his profit margin, even thought this bill says the state government would NOT assist the feds by law. this is unforgivable to me. I will continue to call out these idiots every chance I get, and hope that they are the ones busted and sent to federal prison, and not real patients.

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
yup but you still have greedy piece of shit growers that are voting no against it. Just an example, Krunchbubble, here owns multiple dispensaries and is voting no to protect his profit margin, even thought this bill says the state government would NOT assist the feds by law. this is unforgivable to me. I will continue to call out these idiots every chance I get, and hope that they are the ones busted and sent to federal prison, and not real patients.

:yeahthats

Newd

I have to agree with Hash Zep:

Dispensary owners are operating under the guise that patients are first and profits don't exist.

Bullshit.

Then you have the "Leftover Cannabis" that makes it's way to the non - medical states because everyone is crying they can't get 4K a pack in Cali.

I have more respect for a dealer that sells pot off the street to feed his family, than a jackass that sells "medicine" for profit.

Best regards,

Newd