What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Fine-Root" version of the 3.4g Airpots ok to use?

I found a place online offering the 3.4g Airpots for $7 plus shipping.

But they are the "fine-root" version. Apparently the newer runs have larger holes.

The lady emailed me back from the website say thing this:

The hole size has to do with the production runs and a change made by the manufacturer.* The smaller hole version was the 'standard" at the time it was manufactured, but a decision was made to use wall stock with larger holes for all sizes other than the Air-Cell.* Presumably this would make the pots suitable for thicker-rooted plants as well as the finer-rooted ones.* They don't manufacture both sizes any more - the ones I'm offering at a discount are an overstock left from the previous smaller-hole production run.* They work just fine and I have found no difference between the larger and the smaller holes when growing finer rooted material.

So is cannabis considered fine root and will the fine root 3.4g pots be ok then? Or should I hold out for the newer production run with the larger holes?

Thanks.

fungzyme

I've used them with no complaints whatsoever.

Keep in mind that Airpots were designed for the commercial nursery industry, to enable them to keep shrubs and small trees in smaller containers for longer, without root-circling or having to repot as much. I'm guessing here, but I think the bigger holes are mainly to
avoid problems with more established shrubs, etc. that would send out thicker more fibrous roots.

I'd say go for it - the price seems good.