What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

--1kw-- 9 Cherry Pies in Canna Coco, GH 2 part on drippers....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
ive heard some people that say cherry pie is related to "new wave"....which is basically the triple threat cross that was around the bay a few years back....ogxbubbxgdp is what i think i was told but not sure..

anyways...im dissapointed in my coco cherry but its most likely due to my low use of nutrients and early 7 week pick..the yield was pretty bad on the light ive estimated only 10 ounces off 9 plants in 3 gallon pots. they simply didnt fill in at the bottom at all, i should have used more bloom enhancers...meanwhile SFV across the room same setup but with soil hit 1+ as usual...

also i dont think the flavor profile is as strong as the batch i grew last month in fox farms soil...the fox farms batch had a nice density inside the nug and the smell just reeked of granddaddy from afar but you hit skunk and durban when you rip it open....the coco batch has a strain purple fruity smell going on, reminds me of the first GH weed i grew like 3 years ago...its only been a week since chop on coco, maybe they will cure up better...maybe a different brand like HG will give better taste than GH?

again im not making any conclusions about coco/soil/nutrient companies as all the factors were not totally perfect in this run.....probably gonna drop cherry pie out of the line up for now because the yield is real low, i got a few other things i want to run full trays of. i have 2 small moms of the CP in the veg room corner that i'l limp along until the next time i decide i want cuts...

smoke report - has good smell and bag appeal but when smoked seems to loose flavor profile, when smoked in a basic roor bong, with a glowrod used to light the bowl instead of lighter, the taste is very strong and hashy taste with hints of earthyness that remind of bubba kush. when smoked in a raw papers joint has a much better taste, more skunky at first. doesnt hold taste all the way through blunt like a nice OG or sour would though....halfway through it tastes like everything else. it doesnt taste like the best cherry pie i ever smoked which was laytonville organic outdoor.....i got some outdoor cherrys running this year that i hope will be what i want....

heres one of the outdoor cherrys, im hoping she does better yield wise under the sun than under the hps light...
picture.php

blazedgeek

thats a huge bush you got there prop.. i think i may have had some cherry pie a while back from a buddy who was in the bay area. He had mentioned it was some sort of cross of gdp he really was not sure. I love that purp color for sure! you mentioned you went a little light on the nute while in coco i was curious how light? what was your average ppm? if you dont mind

oh and... (i "hope" you never use this in real life) I hope you get a life. I can post pics of nugs i get from collectives too!! dont get me started purpkush

[youtubeif]-zYuMQPckzs[/youtubeif]

purp&kush

oh and... (i "hope" you never use this in real life) I hope you get a life. I can post pics of nugs i get from collectives too!! dont get me started purpkush

damn, did i hurt your little e-motions :).

show me a post that says i grew ANY of the weed, im lost.

get you started with what, once again im lost.

***sarcasm intended***

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
ya sorry im lost as well....not sure whos trying to poke fun at who and for what reason...please keep things civil. anyways this grow is just about wrapped up....redoing the entire room and last night i culled a dozen cherry pie plants, my plant count was over 100 so i had to thin the herd and CP's yeild is not thrilling me at all....those plants were veg'd super long and had really thick stems, i was expecting at least 1lb per light...i can grow SFV all day and get over a LB per light and the smoke is way better...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
here are some side by sides of the 7 week coco versus the 8 week 2 month cured soil.....the soil is just way better in terms of density and smell. the coco came out a bit airy, still had nice frost and smell....definately needed to up the PPM, i was just hesitant because there was so much leaf discoloration i thought i was burning them...also i will be doing D2W next time instead of recirculating..

here is the coco just chopped over a week ago, uncured..

newcherrypiecoco001.jpg

and here is my last nug from the fox farms soil from last months harvest...
cherrypiecompare003.jpg

Last edited:

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
ive been a coco guy for quite some time, and it may just be the color of the pic or whatever, but i think the cherry pie in the soil looks tastier