What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The CannaBunker Begins

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Any real-estate people out there know if I could ever sell this place with all of the "custom gadgetry" included with the property? Hmmm, didn't think about that one.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Bunker, you are the man. you really are, reading this, i honestly feel like you are my long lost older and wiser brother(no offense on the older part). You truly embody what I feel a lot of us Americans have lost, that genuine spirit of doing good, hard work, even when you could have take a much easier way out. You give me a lot of inspiration dude, and I really can not wait to see what you have grown outta there. I wish i had more ? for you, but I still am in amazement.

aod

EDIT* just saw your post, yea you wont be able to sell that shit!!!! haha no permits my friend, unfortunately had it happen to me. finished my mothers basement a few years ago, and since i didnt permit any of the work we would have to tear it down to sell it. haha gotta love code enforcement.

Really, Really Reallllly cool....

I Think People that say what if this what if that, are just people that live there life's poorly. You know the risk, this is prob safer then growing in a random room in your house, or having a grow spot. I have Always wanted a hidden grow room, behind a trick wall or a book case, that just sounds like so much fun, hah and safe too!

Me and my wife looked threw the whole post last night and just really impressed, it is a very nice clean build!! We cant wait to see where you go with it! Might have to give it a go in a few years!

Look forward to updates.

TommytheCat

This is unbelievably sexy. I am beyond jealous. Please pat yourself on the back for me. Amazing.. simply amazing. I want more pictures!

D

DHF

There was/is a guy round here nicked "Budbunker" that sunk a cargo container some yrs back , and it literally rained humidity with walls/ceilings dripping down onto his plants in such an uncontrollable manner that it was sadly/sorely abandoned after the first run failing miserably........so......

You made the right decision Bro.....Gotta luv da DIY`ers .....Respect....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Any real-estate people out there know if I could ever sell this place with all of the "custom gadgetry" included with the property? Hmmm, didn't think about that one.

fuck the code! id buy a house with a secret premade bunker in aheart beat and just never let the code enforcement douchebags find out about it!

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
There was/is a guy round here nicked "Budbunker" that sunk a cargo container some yrs back , and it literally rained humidity with walls/ceilings dripping down onto his plants in such an uncontrollable manner that it was sadly/sorely abandoned after the first run failing miserably........so......

You made the right decision Bro.....Gotta luv da DIY`ers .....Respect....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

Yup, been there, done that.

That's funny, I guess it needs to be in bud bunker building 101. It didn't happen until I went from 4000 to 6000 watts. I went away for a 10 day vacation, and came back to the amazon. Some of the plants grew 3' in 10 days. It was almost like the Little Shop of Horrors, "Feed ME". They drank 100 gallons from the reservoir, and it had been raining on the plants. The room had developed its own weather. Luckily, it was before the buds had started to show, and everything turned out okay. All it took were 3 x 75-pint dehumidifiers. That shit can't happen again though, since the rain contained some of the plywood resins. I had to toss about 5% of the harvest that was not acceptable. I know it sounds sketchy, but I'd rather throw out a contaminated product than to hurt someone with it, so I kept a close eye on that.

Lesson #1. The ladies do NOT like to be left alone. Not even for one day. Especially not 10. That's why I just re-designed my hydro setup, I wanted auto-top reservoirs, and that wasn't really possible with the bucket setup. That way, along with the added dehumidification, I think the next go-around should need less paternistic attention.
I hope I won't need to upgrade the AC this summer. Again. I have a 240v 25,000 btu that should be up for the job.

I'd really like to get the system going smoothly enough that I could take a vacation without worrying like a new mother hen the whole time.

I'm in the process of adding surveillence, and I made sure the system was 3g compatable. I don't have a cell phone now, since I don't have any friends at the moment, but I might have to get one so that I never have to be far from the Harem. The forbidden place. CannaBunker TV anyone? :)

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
ForSaleByOwner.com

Seller to Buyer direct.
Who gives a fuck.
:blowbubbles:

P.S. I'd pay extra for the bunker.
P.S.S. On the rain thang....
Look into Dew Point. the surrounding temperature of your walls/ceiling could be in conflict with that of you Environment.
At certain temp differentials and RHs dew (precipitation) forms. Don't have the link on hand, but it can be found.

Last edited:

ILoveit

Ive always wanted to do something like this but I dont posses the skills, the next best thing is to see one of our fellow growers do it. Brilliant job. How many people is it taking to build the bunker?

Rowdy420

Vapor pressure differential (VPD), it is kinda important to understand the stomata and how humidity affect the plant.

Automation is the key to a stress free growing, once set up and running it'll give you the freedom to go away for a bit. 14 days is a long time to not "check in" and your reservoirs would be the biggest concern but, if you had PLC(programmable logic control) experience it wouldn't be any problem at all. I love having electrical training! I'm sure you've worked out most of the trouble spots.

Good luck, peace