What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mid to late flower def/burn

jobo

Hey all, first a little background info

Growing in 5 gallon smartpots with organic soil.

promix bx as the base with added bone meal blood meal kelp meal wormcastings etc. Essentialy subys mix if your familiar.

Plants are in about week 4-6 of flowering under a 1000watt and a 600watt HPS vented lighting. Room stays around 72 during day. No added C02.

Been feeding teas made of worm castings, liquid kelp, molasses, liquid karma, guanoes every other tea. Again subys recipe.

In just the last week to few days, a lot of yellowing of fans leaves has occurred. The plant hit the worst is the strawberry cough. the chem valley kush plants are all starting to show it too.

Included is a few pictures.

feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks, Jobo

first up the straw cough

2dso5d4.jpg

2upa1c2.jpg

2qjfy86.jpg

last 2 are CVK

2l8bw2c.jpg

303dczm.jpg

• yellowing of leaves at the end of flower cycle is not only normal but suggested to get the nitrates out of the plant. You are fine, once they are completely yellow pick them off and allow the others to yellow up too. you will see it with the larger older leaves first as its a mobile element and is pulling out of the leaves and translocating to where it is currently needed. The bone meal you use also probably has insolable nitrogen, meaning the benefical bacteria has to break it down first before the plant and take it up, so that is not going to show any immediate changes.

jobo

• yellowing of leaves at the end of flower cycle is not only normal but suggested to get the nitrates out of the plant. You are fine, once they are completely yellow pick them off and allow the others to yellow up too. you will see it with the larger older leaves first as its a mobile element and is pulling out of the leaves and translocating to where it is currently needed. The bone meal you use also probably has insolable nitrogen, meaning the benefical bacteria has to break it down first before the plant and take it up, so that is not going to show any immediate changes.

Right but i thought it wasn't supped to be so prominent or severe with organic nuts?

Thanks for the help though, i hope thats all it really is.

grapeman

Veteran
Right but i thought it wasn't supped to be so prominent or severe with organic nuts?

Thanks for the help though, i hope thats all it really is.

Tis a bit pronounced IMO. Mine don't get quite as yellow and I'm not sure if the above posters are correct about the yellowing so early when you are using soil with everything included. I've found that in using these ALL included soils, N runs a bit short, especially with hungry strains. Nothing wrong with a bit of N in flower.... again IMO.

Another way to let your plants "catch" up a bit is to raise your lights. I've also found that using the ALL included soil does not supply nutes at the rate the plants need them when the lights are low and the plants are receiving more radiation then they can assimilate nutrition for healthy growth. Again IMO.

BTW - did you lime your soil? I don't see dolomite lime included in your ingredients. Just asking.

Last edited:
Tis a bit pronounced IMO. Mine don't get quite as yellow and I'm not sure if the above posters are correct about the yellowing so early when you are using soil with everything included. I've found that in using these ALL included soils, N runs a bit short, especially with hungry strains. Nothing wrong with a bit of N in flower.... again IMO.

Another way to let your plants "catch" up a bit is to raise your lights. I've also found that using the ALL included soil does not supply nutes at the rate the plants need them when the lights are low and the plants are receiving more radiation then they can assimilate nutrition for healthy growth. Again IMO.

BTW - did you lime your soil? I don't see dolomite lime included in your ingredients. Just asking.

grapeman...no need with all the IMOs....i certainly agree with you on all your points of view, thereofre IYF...in your fact, it looks as if youve given some good advice.

i dont think those are necissarily burnt...more N defiencient, which maybe led to burning.

if your half way through, then i can bet theyve always looked a bit yellow throughout flower, next round make sure you give em ample more N at early flower to be charged up throughout, and dont cut N early if you no they yellow super quick.

Latest posts

Latest posts