What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO Pills

slowandeasy

Veteran
Just wanted to share the results of my newest batch of BHO pills. I am trying to get a good dosage down, so I measure everything out. Here is how they were made. First I made some BHO and measured out 2 grams on my scale once it sets up a bit. Next I measured 4ml of MCT oil, for a 2 to 1 ratio of MCT oil to BHO.

Next the MCT oil is put into a mason jar that is sitting in a hot oil bath. The temperature was monitored the whole process, and I brought the MCT oil in the jar up to about 250 F. Now the 2 grams of BHO is put into the jar, stirred often and monitored the temps. I normally like to do 250 F for about 30 min. This time it was done on a different stove, and the temps went up a little higher near the 15 min mark to about 265 F . So I let it cook shorter than normal, about 23 min.

The mixture is left to cool down and I do not mix it with anything. Just load into some 00 capsules. Use a syringe and suck the mixture up, then put into larger side of capsule. They were filled almost to the top, then put other side on. This made 12 capsules that size, and put into freezer in a pill bottle. Next day, I tried one at 2:30 pm. It hit within 30 min and was really good for a couple of hours, then it kicked in WAY harder. I was really screwed up...too screwed up! I was insanely high for 12 hours, at times I could not sit and had anxiety. I made myself go to sleep to make it stop. WAY too strong and I am very seasoned at eating edibles.

The same day my brother in law ate one as well, but not with me, at his house. I called him a few hours after he ate it and he had the same experience. WAY too strong! So since they were too strong, we split them in half. So 2 grams of BHO made more than 20 pills. One week later we try them again, and another friend joins in on the experiment.

All 3 took 1 pill about 11:00 am, they took about 40 min to kick in. Everyone liked them, but they were boarder line too strong...still! They lasted until I went to bed...but was never paranoid and it was not as intense. Much more enjoyable, but could be too strong for some still. So, next batch I am going to use 8 ml of MCT oil to 2 grams of BHO. I plan on making 30 pills and trying one to see how strong they are...then divide as needed.

2 grams of BHO can make a atleast a 30 day supply of very potent pills. Less potent pills would make 40-50. That is by far the most efficient way to use BHO, bar none. I will share my next batch experience as well...but if you try this take my advice and use 8 ml of MCT oil to 2 grams of BHO. I would divide them into 40 pills, you can always take more, but edibles can be extremely potent, so start off light...trust me! Time vs temp is the most important part of making potent edibles. Please monitor them, or results will vary. I use a small mason jar and stir the mixture often with my digital thermometer. I keep the mixture tilted to one side since it is not much liquid...this keeps temps more stable. This works very well, if anyone needs help just ask.

Last edited:
M

mugenbao

Quick question: What's MCT oil?
I was wondering that as well, so I googled it. This is what I found:
MCT OIL is a modular source of MCT (Medium-Chain Triglycerides) for patients unable to digest or absorb conventional fats. MCTs are more readily hydrolyzed and absorbed than conventional food fat. MCTs require less enzymes and bile acids for digestion than conventional food fat.
Apparently, coconut oil is high in MCT, about 66% according to Wikipedia.

Sounds like a good method for making pills. Thanks for the info, slowandeasy.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
thats sick slow and easy , this is the first I have seen of" bho pills " thinking they would be exellent for my RLS, like to hear about how they went over ......
peace TS

slowandeasy

Veteran
Quick question: What's MCT oil?

It is oil derived from Coconut oil. It is used by body builders and given to infants who have trouble absorbing nutrients. It gets into your blood stream faster than regular Coconut oil.

I want to again stress the importance of Temp vs Time. Please have a good thermometer and monitor the temps the whole time. Making potent edibles is much easier if you keep temps and time in line. Good luck!!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yeah we've been working out similar math in our edibles, made with alcohol hash oil.

We found that each mini-loaf of banana bread had about 300mg of hash oil in it, and was 3 strong doses. So a strong dose of oil is about 100mg each. Less is fine if you're not serving hardcore stoners all the time. We did have some stupid people eat an entire loaf, and they came back with a myriad of stories about being "uncomfortably high", "way too strong" and the like. Next time I'll cut the dose down to 50mg per, so each gram makes ~20 doses.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Yeah we've been working out similar math in our edibles, made with alcohol hash oil.

We found that each mini-loaf of banana bread had about 300mg of hash oil in it, and was 3 strong doses. So a strong dose of oil is about 100mg each. Less is fine if you're not serving hardcore stoners all the time. We did have some stupid people eat an entire loaf, and they came back with a myriad of stories about being "uncomfortably high", "way too strong" and the like. Next time I'll cut the dose down to 50mg per, so each gram makes ~20 doses.

Sounds like about the same ratio! I prefer to make edibles out of BHO, the results are better...and taste way better. Eating a capsule is great, but you do get a burp now and then that tastes like BHO! I am trying to get the dosages down so you do not get SO HIGH. Eating too much BHO is intense, so getting the right dosage is important. I want every batch to be as close as possible to each other since I have medical patients that want relief without getting too wasted.

I have made BHO tinctures as well, but have not perfected the dosage yet. Kind of harder since the Everclear evaporates.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
this sounds way better than cooking weed into sweets like brownies, cookies, cake etc. because i really dont care to sit there and eat 2-3 brownies even if they do taste great my gut cant handle only a lil at a time and that sucks when im trying to get serious relief for many hours.
How much bud does it take for you to get two grams of that amber glassy hard BHO??

Im def tryin this one thanks man!!!!!!

smokesumn:ying:

slowandeasy

Veteran
this sounds way better than cooking weed into sweets like brownies, cookies, cake etc. because i really dont care to sit there and eat 2-3 brownies even if they do taste great my gut cant handle only a lil at a time and that sucks when im trying to get serious relief for many hours.
How much bud does it take for you to get two grams of that amber glassy hard BHO??

Im def tryin this one thanks man!!!!!!

smokesumn:ying:

I use high quality trim to make my BHO. Usually about 4 turkey basters full. Honestly I do not weigh the trim, just pack the baster full about 4 times gives me atleast 2 grams.

ambertrich

Veteran
Slowandeasy, sounds like you have beat the Pharmas at their own game. You essentially have made Marinol, but better. I say better because you are using all the constituents of the plant, not just THC as with Marinol. I would think you patients would have better luck with your BHO pills vs. the synthetic THC Marinol product.

Would be interesting to get feedback from any patients who have previously used Marinol and the BHO pills and what they think of them.

To me, this is a great part of what MMJ is all about. Making what is best for the patients, not just the bottom line for Solvay Pharmaceuticals.

Great work.

BagseedSamurai

I've been doing this for some time. Each batch will be different for potency unless you use bud straight from the same clones.

Good luck!

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
hell ya! since i dont have any trim on hand ima use shake from bags and whole buds. id say if the bud is at least 10 percent thc(sour bubble, blue dream, afgooey is what i have to use) then id figure 2gs from 28gs of buds is reasonable to say .

This recipe is perfect for what im looking for..... sry if im getting of topic talking about what to use for the bho

:thank you:

slowandeasy

Veteran
hell ya! since i dont have any trim on hand ima use shake from bags and whole buds. id say if the bud is at least 10 percent thc(sour bubble, blue dream, afgooey is what i have to use) then id figure 2gs from 28gs of buds is reasonable to say .

This recipe is perfect for what im looking for..... sry if im getting of topic talking about what to use for the bho

:thank you:

The only bad part about making BHO is that it is a guesstimate on how much you will get out of each run. Since I use trim I do not weigh it... I just use a coffee grinder and lightly grind it up and pack it in the turkey baster.

BagseedSamurai, you are right...each batch is different. But by measuring the oil amount, the BHO amount, and keeping temps stable...they should be pretty close everytime. Of course material from different plants can effect things. That is why I say start of with 8ml MCT oil to 2 grams of BHO...it is a good starting point. These pills can be too strong for a lot of people. By measuring you know how much is in each pill, not a guess. Also, keeping the mixture "mixed" will ensure more consistency.

If you heat your mixture differently, results will vary as well. Always monitor it the whole time and stir it often. Temp vs Time is most important. 250 F for 30 min is about right, if your temps go a little higher use less time. If they are lower, use more time to simmer. Do not let it get close to 300 F, it start to vaporize.

Latest posts

Latest posts