What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor, coco, House & Garden, 7 strains, small deck setup

G

guest5703

So this is my second crop of the outdoor season, a late crop I suppose. The first run the buds ended up getting pretty decently sized and frosted but there were mad caterpillars. I made hash out of everything and still wasn't even satisfied. It sucks to see such dank looking/smelling buds just totally get destroyed by those little fuckers...First I'll show you my last crop, what the caterpillars did to my buds, then I'll show ya what I would do to em if I found any in my last crop....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Another problem I had was the accumulation of dirt all over the buds. I have large trees over my crop and lots of caterpillars up there as well, a bunch of poop, leaves, and nasty dirt would just pile up all over these delicious buds....To fix all that I've added a .7mm thick plastic sheeting over the top of my ladies, and it's amazing to see how much cleaner they are!!! So far I haven't seen any bugs at all since I picked up some Monterrey Garden Spinosad. Had thrips a bit and wanted to avoid any caterpillars so I've been spraying once a week and things look great. The spray is organic and approved by somebody good lol. So anyway you can use it up to a week before harvest on strawberries and shit so I figure were good to go. I won't use it the last two weeks of flower though so don't trip. Anyways. If you want to see earlier shots let me know, but for now I'll start us off on the 5th week of flower! Strains are Some kind of Kush, Bubba Kush, Chernobyl, Green Ice, Cherry Alien Dog, Ether Alien Dog, and Big Herb Trees Hog's Breath! Don't have pics of everything cuz some of what I shot today didn't come out great but if you check my galleries all the strains are in there. On to some pics eh???

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Not getting the best light by the way, maybe 4-6 hours direct light, and it always get's cut off around 3...Sucks, but they will do ok for personal!!! :wave: :ying:

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Lookin' great man. Nice pics. And I love your revenge on the pillars. Sad to hear they got they best of you on the first crop though. I'm on a weekly BT program and so far have only seen a few. Spinosad is here for backup, but I don't think I'll need it.

I have an Alien Kush in the outdoor garden, and its badass. Great genes.

Nice job. I feel your caterpillar pains too. Thought I killed them all and then found two munching away and crapping on my buds a week before chop. What a mess! Love the Revenge photo. TAKE THAT, YOU GREEN TURD!

G

guest5703

fisher15-Right on bro! Are you documenting your crop I'd love to see another outdoor killa! I got the BT for backup, and am using the spinosad cuz I wanted to tackle thrips. Thanks for stoppin by ;)

BlueberryLovr-Maaan, that's my fear now for sure. Everything is looking so clean and frosty, it would be a shame to not be able to smoke these dank buds! When I put it like that it makes me realize that I am really going to be privileged when I do toke them up!

whadeezlrg-I've done it a few times, seems to work just fine!

csedge-Thanks dude, stop back in for the harvest in a couple weeks!

BroughtSuperior
-Been there man it sucks being paranoid so I got my med card. I know outdoor is technically not allowed unless in greenhouse and locked but I have them covered from sight by plastic and have a lock on my front gate so I should be alright.

Week 6 1/2 flowering, looking like they will finish just on time at 8 weeks or so. The hairs are starting to turn orange, buds are beginning to swell and the resin is off the charts! I plan on giving them some MOAB soon here for the final pump up.

The past two days I have seen 10+ white/yellow/creamy looking colored balls which I know are eggs. I've been smashing everyone I can see and also sprayed with Monterrey last night so everything should be good until harvest. Check em out...I'm also starting to rate their scent and resin profile on a 1-5 scale, 5 being the best 1 the worst!

Hogs Breath
Scent Strength-2
Resin Profile-2.5

picture.php

Green Ice
Scent Strength-5
Resin Profile-4

picture.php

Cherry Alien Dog
Scent Strength-3
Resin Profile-4

picture.php

Chernobyl
Scent Strength-4
Resin Profile-5

picture.php

Bubba Kush
Scent Strength-1
Resin Profile-2

picture.php

Alien Dog Ether
Scent Strength-3
Resin Profile-3

picture.php

:wave: :ying:

Megas

Hope a trailer loses a 2x4 on the highway and flys though your windshield. Ya know caterpillar is just doing what it's ment to do but hey stabbing it with a thumb tac is real justification for ya know it existing. Douchebag

G

guest5703

I honestly cant believe you caterpillar haters are on this site...Um, I'm just trying to grow some dank herb....Of course I'm totally destroying the caterpillars......They are ruining my hard earned buds!!!!

Please someone come and straighten these guys out, WTF?????? We are trying to smoke weed not take care of caterpillars!!! Jeeeez I want to get high!!!

Megas

Straighten out the people who have a sense of morality and respect for life. Who choose not to kill things in a cruel manner. Yeah I must be crazy respecting another form of life who was just doing what nature intended.

One day you'll realize that you're nothing but a insignificant microscopic spec on a piece of sand in the universe when your ego burns out, you sound like your 16 so maybe I shouldn't expect much. But I hope one day you'll even also realize there's too much suffering in this world and you shouldn't add more when it's not necessary.

Nicoli

Veteran
Hope a trailer loses a 2x4 on the highway and flys though your windshield. Ya know caterpillar is just doing what it's ment to do but hey stabbing it with a thumb tac is real justification for ya know it existing. Douchebag

Haha damn really? Over killing a caterpillar?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa did you really just wish death upon my friend? why dont you come on over for a lil visit....i can see it now....subrob posts picture of fellow icmag member megas nailed to a table....hahahahahahaha

Last edited:

rastaidd

Member yeahyeah!
Veteran
ehi caligreen FANTASTIC SHOTS man!!
veryvery good job!! ;)
your plants are great!!
congrats man ! :good:

G

guest5703

Last edited by subrob; Today at 05:29 PM.. Reason: still wanted to be mean, but wanted to be a little......errrrr....classier bout it..haha

lmao

Megas

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa did you really just wish death upon my friend? why dont you come on over for a lil visit....i can see it now....subrob posts picture of fellow icmag member megas nailed to a table....hahahahahahaha

Sooo much trash has moved into the stoner community it's amazing how it's gone from hippies and chill people to thugs and other douchebags just trying to make money cause their too lazy to do anything with their lives. Honestly surprised you idiots even know how to use a computer.

P.S. Thanks for the positive rep Einstein.

Great looking pics cali. Ive been lurking for a while on the forums and you grow some crazy good herb. Never knew outdoor could get that frosty- the alien strain looks incredible. Kudos from the bay area.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i can't believe this, wishing death on some one just protecting their crops. i realize the caterpillar is beautiful in his way, but he's a pest and will munch all of calis buds and shit all over the trim that's left if he's left to do his thing. i do believe he has a right to protect the crops on his porch from what is after all a pest. how pleasant do you thing spider mites feel when you spray them with neem and they slowly suffocate? you gonna let your crops be ripped by any pest that happens to walk along, you will not have anything to smoke for your trouble. maybe you'd have preferred him to spray some bacteria that eat it from inside slowly rather then a quick stab to the midsection.

Dr.NO

Pest repellent at its finest! Thumb tacs for caterpillars and if a cat eats your plants, which they do sometimes, stomp it to death with a boot!

Latest posts

Latest posts