What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I can't get high from eating edibles

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The effects can be unpredictable because not everyone really knows how to prepare cannabis by activating the THC. It takes a little practice to make active edibles. I have been working on this for the last several years, because I really prefer the extended length of the high that edible canna oil provides me

Last spring I had some bud that had been dried and cured properly, but would not really get me high or stoned when smoked. So I made some edible canna oil with it, and I got so high that I ended up with the spins and I threw up! I barely made it to the bathroom, and ended up spewing in the sink; it went on forever! Keep in mind, that I have not puked in years. I make my oil as needed in small batches. I guess that I used too much weed!

Instead of edibles I prefer to drink a shot of the oil prior to a meal, or a few hours after eating. If you take the oil after a meal the effects take a little longer to kick in. last night I took a shot approx 2 hours after eating dinner at around 9:00pm and it did took a good hour for it to kick in! If I take it before a meal, I can feel effects in 15 to 30 minutes.

I use organic unrefined coconut oil or olive oil + the soy l., at this point in my life I prefer olive oil for my shots, because it is a healthier option. I have noticed no real difference in potency of the active THC using olive oil over coco.

I really want to start making canna caps. I know how to make them based tons of research. I plan on trying them after next harvest.

RF

I've had friends with similar problems; not getting high off edibles. Usually, it's a quality or potency issue on the bakers end. I would try using some top buds next time you make edibles instead of veg trim.

Cool Moe

Veteran
If you have celiac disease or gluten intolerance and maybe don't know and/or eat gluten anyway, a lot of the nutrients from your food don't get digested, they just pass through. I could see a lot of the effect of the edibles being lost due to lack of the lower stomach's ability to properly break down and digest food. It's sort of the same as the person with Crohn's mentioned. Best for these folks to stick to smokables.

Z

zooty

I made some cookies with bubblehash

Let's just say the experience put me off edibles for life lol

C

climerock

It's true

It's true

I, also, get nothing from edibles. I can eat three times as much as the people around me...they totally go under and I just feel disappointed.
It's not a matter of method or potency as I am eating from the same batches that floor everyone else. I have no extra tolerance to smoking or vaping, however.

Runt

I make a simple tincture using quality bud and Everclear, after soaking it for at least a couple of days I reduce the volume to 1/3 and bingo. I try not to use more than 0.4ml in juice, a friend (heavy user) tried 2ml and got knocked on his ass.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I have to agree that this just feels like it should be impossible. If you are able to get high while smoking, what sort of demonic stomach do you have that would prevent you from getting high without it? Really weird, but I hope that you get it to work for you.

The answer probably resides in the liver. The liver metabolizes drugs that go into your system via your stomach (and is avoided if you snort, smoke or inject). Some people likely metabolize differently, or maybe not even at all.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Ate a CannaCookie about an hour ago...

Ate a CannaCookie about an hour ago...

I'm feeling great :party: Two will really stone you, maybe later.

I use Coconut Oil, about 1 1/2 ounce Decarbed weed per 16 ounces of Oil.

About 4 ounces of Oil for 24 Cookie Batch.

I usually tell the uninitiated to try a 1/2 first.

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts