What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I can't get high from eating edibles

U r obviously not speaking from experience.. you, and others who "think" that you can't get high off veg trim and males don't know what you are talking about, because you have never tried...

Here is a simple test for you non-believers... Take a leaf, a stem, any sort of vegging plant matter.. Then rub it with your fingers, most likely there will be a strong smell, and even tho you may see no trichs', your fingers are a little bit oily & sticky. The truth is the entire plant, from head to toe, is covered in cannabinoids... the cannabininoids are not in the form of capitate stalked trichome, which is what most of us think will get you high... However, if you look at a vegging plant under the microscope, low and behold there are many thousands of micro cannabinoid glands rich with drug... Therefore it is wise to save all trim, leaf, and stem to make edibles with, even if it is damn near a seedling.

I will tell u that my milk is POTENT, as in it gets me really high, about as high as hash

cannabinoids are not the same as THC, THC gets you high\elated, cannabinoids give you more-so medicinal effects such as increased appetite, a sedative effect, and perhaps mild muscle relaxing effects.

what your arguing is ridiculous, I never said there was no cannabinoids in males or veg plants. I even went as far as to support your hypocrisy saying that perhaps you caught a slight buzz off the cannabinoids. You must have damn near clean piss(as in basically no metabolized THC in the bloodstream), to be able to catch a buzz off canna-milk made off a male plant....?
:wave:

EDIT::: I love that after what you "think" is your first successful bout with cooking with cannabis, and THINK you caught a buzz, that your instantaneously the expert consultant on the issue. I just realized that I wasted all my time rebutting someone who was just for the first time successful 2 pages back with actually managing to infuse the milk with a negligible amount of MALE plants LOL. I love when an amateurs act like pros.

Am I the only one? I cannot get high by eating an edible. Whether it's a dispensary edible, or my own home made butter, it just doesn't work. I hear and see other people getting high from eating and i am so jealous......

I see all the recipes with reports of being totally gone.. i want to experience that but can't...

I only weigh 170 lbs and am saturated with THC... BUT, for the past month I have only had cured veg trim to smoke.. I also have some veg trim to cook with... Does any1 have my same problem, and know what to do to get high from eating?

here two pages back you couldn't get high, now your the expert on cooking with MALES.

ahahhahahhahaha

S

still

i make bubble hash out of trim 7 grams in 40 choc chip cookies has got everyone i have given them to pretty messed up

cannabinoids are not the same as THC, THC gets you high\elated, cannabinoids give you more-so medicinal effects such as increased appetite, a sedative effect, and perhaps mild muscle relaxing effects.

what your arguing is ridiculous, I never said there was no cannabinoids in males or veg plants. I even went as far as to support your hypocrisy saying that perhaps you caught a slight buzz off the cannabinoids. You must have damn near clean piss(as in basically no metabolized THC in the bloodstream), to be able to catch a buzz off canna-milk made off a male plant....?

EDIT::: I love that after what you "think" is your first successful bout with cooking with cannabis, and THINK you caught a buzz, that your instantaneously the expert consultant on the issue. I just realized that I wasted all my time rebutting someone who was just for the first time successful 2 pages back with actually managing to infuse the milk with a negligible amount of MALE plants LOL. I love when an amateurs act like pros.

If you love amateurs acting like pros so much I suppose that provides a feasible explanation for your behavior. Seriously what kind of retard knocks something he hasn't tried? Even if you are right that is not a very good mindset to have it fosters ignorance and shows poor judgement on your part. In this case however you're completely wrong as even a simple google search would show you. If you want evidence from your fellow icmaggers just go to the cannamilk thread.

N

NugarifiK

My advice to you would be to get 500g (a pound) of butter, 4 or 5 ounces of primo bud, all your resinous trim and a cookie, cake, slice, etc. mix that uses a ton of butter in the recipe. If you make up the cannabutter properly and then use an excessive amount of butter in the recipe, eg. 5-10x what is listed on the box, you will get unbelievably stoned. If you take a month off smoking you might even trip balls to the point you feel like you're spinning around, seeing coloured orbs, etc. which after an hour or 2 makes you wish you were sober lol
Hooray for $2,000 desserts.

Add me to the list of people who get no benefit from edibles. From space cakes in the dam to cali med clubs, nothing has affected me.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I do believe that it might be your metabolisum and the way your liver is breaking it down and of-course your delivery. You might want to try Tinctures and other methods even fresh cannabis is another way of injesting cannabis. Some ppl that are taking other drugs ie. pain killers can have a hard time with injesting other drugs and this might be the type of strain that is going into going whatever your injesting aswell peace out Headband707

They make cannabis beer
milk,ice cream,butter,candy,choclate bars, brownies,oil patches, cookies and on and on

Last edited:
i agree with headband

i recently made a batch of butter that was 2 oz of midgrad to 1.5 pounds of butter simmered for 6 hours and it was very mediocre at best until i found the right way of ingested which for me was cookies...nothing else i made had that strenghth of just one cookie and i have no idea why as concentrations we roughly the same in everything from brownies to mac and cheese

and even more recently i was too lazy to make butter again so i decided on firecrackers for convience.. i used maybe .3-.5 per cracker of slightly better but definately more sativa mid grade...i ate 2 spread 3 hours apart the only thing i could describe the rushing trippy high i had for 2 hours after the second one(at work horribly stressful)to would be too much 018

im new to making my own edibles but have tryed many in the past i got a gooball from a festie this year that blew my mind away and started my cannagoodie making

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Anyone who can't get high eating edibles probably can't get high in the first place.

I'd start checking for signs of life...

BudWiz

Check this out http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=185500 I´ve tried it myself and it worked.. from MALE plant LOL ;)

G

grasspass

I make tincture from good bud. It gets me buzzed every time. Some times smoking doesn't do much for me. Most people I know don't want edibles because they get too high.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
It's important to realize that when you eat cannabis the best way to experience it is to go outside lol lol.. If you stay indoors you have a tendency to fall asleep lol.. Don't drive just walk...... and this way you will see how high you are lol peace out Headband707

There is a study going on right now for ppl trying to get off of hard drug using cannabis at the clubs. As this has been done before for quitting smoking cig etc.... peace out Headband707

maryjane481

Try Lecithin

Try Lecithin

Add lecithin to your canna butter. It is a pure vegetable product and will help you digest fat.
You can find it at a health food store.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
The high is different from smoking, so go into the experience without any expectation of how you're supposed to feel. Spend 10 minutes by yourself meditating or just sitting and focusing on how you're thinking process is, how you're feeling, etc. Then eat the edibles and wait 2 hours, and sit down for 10 minutes again to see how those things have changed.

I don't have much experience with edibles but the time I got really messed up was when I ate 2 cookies and didn't expect much, so ate a burger about 20 mins after. Normally I abstain from eating anything when using drugs orally. Maybe something fatty in your stomach is the key?

Agreed

Agreed

It's important to realize that when you eat cannabis the best way to experience it is to go outside lol lol.. If you stay indoors you have a tendency to fall asleep lol.. Don't drive just walk...... and this way you will see how high you are lol

Agreee with this. Sometimes I don't really feel the full effects until I get up off the couch and actually go do something. And really, there's nothing quite like being super ripped and going outside on a warm day. Oh, the colors! :)

use

About a decade ago, I had a friend that would give me a quarter pound of trimmings and shake for $25.
I would melt down 4 pounds of no salt butter, add the trimmings. Bring the mixture to a boil for a few minutes at most, then reduce to simmer for 30min.
After 30 minutes, turn the heat off and let the mixture sit on the stove for an hour. Strain a handful or two at a time in a large piece of cheese-cloth into a clean container and throw it in the fridge. Color should be bright and lime-green.
This method of producing cannibutter or cannaoil is attributed to my culinary experience with infusing herbs in fat. It's not an exact replica of the process, but close enough to make logical sense to me.

This ratio of 1oz trim to 1lb butter consistently produced a good product. You can alter the dosage to your liking.

I like enjoying edibles separate from smoking, it is a very different beast.

I

Indian Culture

Its weird, some people get the highest of their lives from eating it and others don't feel anything at all.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
About a decade ago, I had a friend that would give me a quarter pound of trimmings and shake for $25.
I would melt down 4 pounds of no salt butter, add the trimmings. Bring the mixture to a boil for a few minutes at most, then reduce to simmer for 30min.
After 30 minutes, turn the heat off and let the mixture sit on the stove for an hour. Strain a handful or two at a time in a large piece of cheese-cloth into a clean container and throw it in the fridge. Color should be bright and lime-green.
This method of producing cannibutter or cannaoil is attributed to my culinary experience with infusing herbs in fat. It's not an exact replica of the process, but close enough to make logical sense to me.

This ratio of 1oz trim to 1lb butter consistently produced a good product. You can alter the dosage to your liking.

I like enjoying edibles separate from smoking, it is a very different beast.

30 mins?? Can you, or anybody else help me out here, as I have always heard (and done it) by simmering for many hours--
I am not doubting you at all...I am just curious on how fast it can actually store in fat, and get the most out of it--
I cook mine for 8 to 9 hours...if I could do the same thing in 30 mins...then I would--
Altho mine (I use double the weed you do) turns out almost Forrest Green...and VERY strong--:tiphat:

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
kmk420kali, I usually simmer for 1 hours max, or do two batch of 30 minutes, and i think pretty much everything is gone ( i tried to made cakes with the remaining- nothing happened )

by the way, space cake is some of the best medicine for heavy diarrhea, works in one hour... tested and approved few times in Nepal.

Did anybody noticed how when you take heavy edibles dose you won't go poo for days ?
how fun !

++