What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I can't get high from eating edibles

mk6

I have a friend thats in the same boat, so I made her some of my cookies, some brownies, and most recently, my pot pasta, she has an extremely high tolerance, and a healthy appetite for weed :)
well now she ask me to make her more... or give her some kief, so she can make-m herself.
I have a simple recipe as follows: I add 5 to 7 grams of dry sift to the any recipe, thats it, no cana butter - just kief and all from the sugar leaf not bud. if you haven't already please give this a try.

cheecha07

Am I the only one? I cannot get high by eating an edible. Whether it's a dispensary edible, or my own home made butter, it just doesn't work. I hear and see other people getting high from eating and i am so jealous......

I see all the recipes with reports of being totally gone.. i want to experience that but can't...

I only weigh 170 lbs and am saturated with THC... BUT, for the past month I have only had cured veg trim to smoke.. I also have some veg trim to cook with... Does any1 have my same problem, and know what to do to get high from eating?

Sry for not reading every1'st so I apologize if this has been mentioned already, however I have the same problem as you, if anything I'll get sick before I get high, even from tincture (alcohol with thc)drink. anyway a buddy of mine said you have to eat a big meal before the treat. His rational was that your stomach needs to produce sufficient acids to fully digest the thc. For me I ate the treat and waited and waited till i got sick. I have yet to try this but hopefully it works for you and you report back.

EvilAsh

i cant imagine trying to do anything with veg material unless the desired result is a headache, but i do find edibles to be less effective than alot of people i talk to.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
I've never met anybody that wouldn't get high from my edibles, ever. And 100s of people have eaten my cakes, included a lot of heavy smokers.

I have met smokers that have a high tolerance when eating, but put enough and it will kick there ass.

The trick is that, with edibles, most people can feel a small dose, and it seems strong.

I am a heavy ganja smoker, around 5 to 10g of herb/hash per day. I need one gram of top oil to get me high for 12 hours, then i get out of this world. with ganja, i reckon ten grams of premium buds for you will put you very far !
.1g of oil, even half, will put any normal/non smoker too high for 12 hours.
So my base is, one cookie, 1g :) This way, it works.

I have tried many space cakes from many people, shops in holland, and I only know very few people that are masters of heavy doses, and that is what i like. Even if you have smoked 15 joints, you ll still feel this crazy cake...

++

Make your cake, your milk, or whatever, with a dose of 10g, and you'll see :)

angel4us

ICMag Donor
cystic phybrosis enzyme pills???

cystic phybrosis enzyme pills???

my nephew has cp . he takes enzyme pills that help him absorb nutes ??? and i was wondering if enzyme pills he takes would help absorb the thc better for a enzyme deficient patient( like those mentioned earlier in this thread by cannabus and the chef) ?

S

Sir_Nugget

the cannamilk did it.. i am totlaly noticing it an hour after i drank like 1/2 cup... For the milk i just put 2 skunkXhaze plants (each over 1.5 ft tall) in a pot of (1/4 gallon) 2%milk... I mashed it and boiled it for about 30 mins.. then I drank the milk.. and an hour later i felt a high.. not knockout, but high

this was in the morning, and the cannamilk was the first i ate

TruthOrLie

Veteran
What is veg trim? You mean leaves you cut off? Veg material would be more accurate.

If you make a batch of cookies, brownies, rice krispies, or a cake with some REAL trim from nugs, or even throw in some nugs... and you still aren't getting high...

...then you got to aim for the overdose. But let me warn you, when you overdose on edibles its not pretty.

And a massive edible overdose is the only way weed could kill you short of an injection.

And a massive edible overdose is the only way weed could kill you short of an injection.

Link Please ;) I don't think you could eat enough to kill you from the effects of the plant, although I guess you could eat enough to pop.

S

Sir_Nugget

alrite so the cannamilk with only a male and a female with no real visible trichs got me really high... for a few minutes i was like "o shit i hope i hope this is where it ends"... it took a good hour n a half to fully kick in.. i am still noticing the high

alrite so the cannamilk with only a male and a female with no real visible trichs got me really high... for a few minutes i was like "o shit i hope i hope this is where it ends"... it took a good hour n a half to fully kick in.. i am still noticing the high

its the trichs that get you high.. no way I could eat anything made from plants in veg and feel anything... you have to use crystally weed or sugar trim to get high off edibles man, not for 1 a male plant, for 2 a female plant in veg. not going to do anything...

only effect you felt off that is placebo... maybe the slightest of slight cannabinoid buzz, but not any sort of high, no way.

come on man your part of this forum and trying to medicate off of plants in veg? what?

S

Sir_Nugget

its the trichs that get you high.. no way I could eat anything made from plants in veg and feel anything... you have to use crystally weed or sugar trim to get high off edibles man, not for 1 a male plant, for 2 a female plant in veg. not going to do anything...

only effect you felt off that is placebo... maybe the slightest of slight cannabinoid buzz, but not any sort of high, no way.

come on man your part of this forum and trying to medicate off of plants in veg? what?

U r obviously not speaking from experience.. you, and others who "think" that you can't get high off veg trim and males don't know what you are talking about, because you have never tried...

Here is a simple test for you non-believers... Take a leaf, a stem, any sort of vegging plant matter.. Then rub it with your fingers, most likely there will be a strong smell, and even tho you may see no trichs', your fingers are a little bit oily & sticky. The truth is the entire plant, from head to toe, is covered in cannabinoids... the cannabininoids are not in the form of capitate stalked trichome, which is what most of us think will get you high... However, if you look at a vegging plant under the microscope, low and behold there are many thousands of micro cannabinoid glands rich with drug... Therefore it is wise to save all trim, leaf, and stem to make edibles with, even if it is damn near a seedling.

I will tell u that my milk is POTENT, as in it gets me really high, about as high as hash

TruthOrLie

Veteran

Link Please ;) I don't think you could eat enough to kill you from the effects of the plant, although I guess you could eat enough to pop.

I don't have a link for you but I can try to explain how it was explained to me.

When you smoke weed, your body absorbs the THC at a rate fast enough that if you 'overdose' you pass out before ingesting a toxic amount.

When you eat/drink weed concentrates, it takes half an hour to an hour and a half for the effects to kick in. When they do kick in, they kick in slowly.

It is during this time you can mass overdose on potent edibles and fall into a deep comatose sleep... for hours.

Eat enough and you might be out for days.

Out enough days without water, and you're out for good.

E

el dub

I don't really get any effects from edibles, either. However, I've watched people freak out, complain about hallucinations and even vomit after consuming much less than I did of the same batch of hella-nutella.

lw

I don't have a link for you but I can try to explain how it was explained to me.

When you smoke weed, your body absorbs the THC at a rate fast enough that if you 'overdose' you pass out before ingesting a toxic amount.

When you eat/drink weed concentrates, it takes half an hour to an hour and a half for the effects to kick in. When they do kick in, they kick in slowly.

It is during this time you can mass overdose on potent edibles and fall into a deep comatose sleep... for hours.

Eat enough and you might be out for days.

Out enough days without water, and you're out for good.

OK I don't intend on being a jerk here...

http://www.druglibrary.org/Schaffer/library/mj_overdose.htm

What is the lethal dose of marijuana?

According to which US Government authority you want to believe, the lethal dose of marijuana is either about one-third your body weight, or about 1,500 pounds, consumed all at once.

In summary, enormous doses of Delta 9 THC, All THC and concentrated marihuana extract ingested by mouth were unable to produce death or organ pathology in large mammals but did produce fatalities in smaller rodents due to profound central nervous system depression.

The non-fatal consumption of 3000 mg/kg A THC by the dog and monkey would be comparable to a 154-pound human eating approximately 46 pounds (21 kilograms) of 1%-marihuana or 10 pounds of 5% hashish at one time. In addition, 92 mg/kg THC intravenously produced no fatalities in monkeys. These doses would be comparable to a 154-pound human smoking at one time almost three pounds (1.28 kg) of 1%-marihuana or 250,000 times the usual smoked dose and over a million times the minimal effective dose assuming 50% destruction of the THC by smoking.

Thus, evidence from animal studies and human case reports appears to indicate that the ratio of lethal dose to effective dose is quite large. This ratio is much more favorable than that of many other common psychoactive agents including alcohol and barbiturates (Phillips et al. 1971, Brill et al. 1970).

I just don't think there is any evidence to the contrary, at least not that I have seen. Eat on my friends...

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
only one guy in this whole thread nailed it IMO.
they key to getting retarded high off edi's is very simple.
you need an empty stomach!
i'm talking 4 hrs minimum from your last meal to the edi's

i do this on the daily.
if i eat edi's with a full stomach, i'd get higher smoking the cookies.
i eat lunch at noon, come home and munch a handful of cookies around 4, then eat dinner an hour after consumption.
some times i'm so high at dinner i can't even eat!

my uncle talked that same jive bout edi's not working for him.
til i caught him on that empty gut!

rooted

be careful telling growers that you "can't get high from eating edibles"

sounds like a challenge to me, one i will win

Latest posts

Latest posts