What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5x8 Purpose built perpetual room construction and grow log. 400W HPS NFT gully system

microgram

you're going to hate me, but you forgot rule number something: pull, don't push!

Amazing grow setup! I wish I came along sooner, so I coulda parked my keister on this one! I would have mounted the fan for the light on the wall, it would be noisey, but im sure you could figure out how to silence it ;). I saw an awesome silencer with a bunch of insulation once, built into a window box mounted to a window on here.

Keep up the good work, can't wait until you start the monsters flowering!

OvergrowingKiwi

thanks for stopping in micro I'm a bit confused by what ya mean?

The air is pulled in passively then through the carbon filter and pumped out of the room? maybe my various designs confused ya.. heres the final plan i went with... also why would ya mount the fan on the wall? To me it seems better to have the fan as close to the tube as possible.

picture.php

BeaverHuntr

Nice set up man... I will be posting my set up soon probably get my beans this weekend then start setting up the room. I'm using reflectix from Lowe's in a 5' x 6' x 8' high closet. Using a 1000W HPS/MPH. i like your air venting pictures they are very useful for a noob like me.

bobblehead

Veteran
Hey, seeing how you don't have a reflector on that cooltube, why not mount it vertical? Just a thought.

OvergrowingKiwi

BeaverHuntr - Thanks bro! glad my diagrams can be helpful to ya.. It helps just to see things drawn out aye. best of luck with the grow

bobblehead I checked out your grows and the vertical bulbs are definitely working for ya. I've mounted the reflector onto the tube it's a weird one the center is a batwing shape and goes inside the tube. After seeing your grows I'm tempted to hang the current 400w when I replace the tube bulb with a 600w.. that would give it a total of 1000w like your setup. I like the way you alternated the bulbs to keep the temps down.

NFT is setup... I'm going to build a table to keep it off the cold concrete. Might build a V-Scrog frame or something on the table haven't decided hehe... More smoking and forum hovering... Feedback appreciated :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Last Import - 3.jpg
    Last Import - 3.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Last Import - 2.jpg
    Last Import - 2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Last Import - 1.jpg
    Last Import - 1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 8

bobblehead

Veteran
Nice and clean. Very well put together! Good to see the reflector! ha ha... But yea, I decided a while back that I should change my growing style to maximize the light, rather than find ways to try and redirect as much light as possible. The new stadium I'm running will be it. My best grow to date, for sure.

Thanks for the compliments. Sometimes you just have to get creative, ya know? You could totally modify your setup to be run vertical if you wanted. Horizontal is easier imo, so I guess it really depends on how much work you want to put into it... lol

1000w in that space would be sweet! You'll be pulling down dank in no time. :D

OvergrowingKiwi

Built table for the trays :) nice and level.. Pretty much ready to go now... hurry up plants :jump:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• table3.jpg
    table3.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 15
  • table2.jpg
    table2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN0160
    DSCN0160
    108.7 KB · Views: 21

OvergrowingKiwi

Light-proofed my intake vent using ShantiShiva's design check it out here his cabinet is epic.. One of the designs that inspired me.. It's so clean and to the point.
:thank you:

attachment.php

Attachments

• ventmod1.jpg
    ventmod1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 10
  • ventmod2.jpg
    ventmod2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 15

Panconqueso

Veteran
i can't wait to see the green inside that cab...

btw great ShantiShiva's thread is out of this world jajaj

Big hugs

Cheers

S

ShantiShiva

Light-proofed my intake vent using ShantiShiva's design check it out here his cabinet is epic.. One of the designs that inspired me.. It's so clean and to the point.
:thank you:

attachment.php

Wee there you go man :) works like a charm dosent it :)
Really happy my stuff could help you out, Cant wait to see it all up and running looks very nice and clean :dance013:

# ShantiShiva

Dödsknark

Hey man. Looking good!

I think Micro meant something like this below. See I changed the fan locations. Pull the air as much as possible. I would try to mount them like this to get maximum airflow.

picture.php

Keep up the good work!

OvergrowingKiwi

Put the mothers in their new home with the 250w MH. I'll keep them a good distance from the bulb at the moment and let them adjust to the new light. Was getting a little tight in the plastic cfl box. Velcro worked well for putting the mylar in the cab came out nice and flat. Temps are on the low side staying around 60F. Hopefully the weather warms up :p I'm running 24hr lighting to keep it warm in there.

attachment.php

Installed batten holder for green light :)

attachment.php

Installed 120mm 80cfm exhaust fan.
I'm surprised how much air this moves I can feel it trying to suck the door closed.

attachment.php

Used 12V AC/DC converter :)

attachment.php

Thanks for that Dödsknark, I can see how that could be more efficient in some ways. A couple of benefits I have noticed by having the fans more central in the room is the room is quieter. Also there is no chance that unfiltered air could get out through cooltube and extraction duct gaps that may appear. I'll see how I go it seems to be working alright for now. The cooltube is warm to touch after 12hrs and the room is sitting around 60F. The outside is very cold though about 45-50F this time of year.

ShantiShiva thanks for stopping in bro! It wasn't long ago we had to read books to learn about indoor gardening.. It's so great we can share ideas and collaborate over the net.
Can't wait to get some clones rooted LOL in the meantime I'll celebrate the room coming together with this tasty stuff :D

picture.php

Attachments

• vegging4.jpg
    vegging4.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 10
  • vegging3.jpg
    vegging3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 9
  • vegging2.jpg
    vegging2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 10
  • vegging1.jpg
    vegging1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 6
S

ShantiShiva

ShantiShiva thanks for stopping in bro! It wasn't long ago we had to read books to learn about indoor gardening.. It's so great we can share ideas and collaborate over the net.

I hear ya!! what a wonderful universe of knowledge the net is :)

Anyways im REALLY looking forward to see what kind of growth you will get in there, and what kind of strains you will be running :)
im gonna sup for this :)

Have Fun
# ShantiShiva

Nice love the look of that Mylar, trippy shit. Room is coming along well mate, can't wait for mine to be done also. Great job mate.

BUNDY..

OvergrowingKiwi

42 days old no signs of them showing sex yet :p the growth is faster now with 24hr light. They are lapping up some 400w at the moment Just running some temp tests with both rooms going looking good not going over 70F.. Top of tube is luke warm to touch after running for 12hrs. Really happy with the cooltube.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Vege cab is lightproof now.. duct modded it lol

attachment.php

Attachments

• bush1.jpg
    bush1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 8
  • bush3.jpg
    bush3.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 9
  • bush2.jpg
    bush2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 6
  • bush4.jpg
    bush4.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 8

OvergrowingKiwi

It's a girl!!

attachment.php

I knew when I checked them today I'd see a preflower.. Just had this gut feeling. I'm going to let "her" grow out a little more then take as many clones as possible.. I need 8 surviving clones for the trays. The other plant is looking great.. I hope that's a female also. Looks like I'll be smoking some NLxShiva soon.. Saved me a bunch of hassle waiting for the plant to show sex through maturity.. No revegging or taking unnecessary clones. Really took a gamble with only two plants though lol

left Blue Mystic and Right NLxShiva

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• girl1.jpg
    girl1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 8
  • girl2.jpg
    girl2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 11
  • its a girl!2.jpg
    its a girl!2.jpg