What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Glycerin Tincture

sfcmikeyp

That is the point I was trying to make but for some reason, people need their hand held through every damn process. It's not rocket science people, it's about as hard as making a simple syrup.

Dissolve concentrate into glycerin (heat makes things dissolve faster! what a concept!) until the glycerin can not hold any more. Note concentration of glycerin, dose accordingly. If you understand the CONCEPT you can apply it to other situations with the same concept.

critical-thinking-guy_color.jpg
A lot of us are new to the medical marijuana and are looking for different ways to get our medication. There is so much info out there that it can be confusing to a beginner. I don't want to burn down my house because I got a step wrong. So if you could see your way to being helpful that would be great. Thanks.

I have been using 3 tincture methods that are all good. There are ways also to take take tincture and I mostly follow the less is more rule. I start with 4 drops 3 or 4 times a day. This seemingly is very light and doesnt get one stoned necesarily .However it can be very helpful in chronic health conditions. I also add Bach flower "rescue remedy" to my tincture drops, this can help with trauma and shock and for those who have Post traumatic shock this may be useful. THe first method has been posted but I will put it up again as its very helpful.

Tincture 1.
Glycerin Tincture

you need:
1 oz ground herb (flowers, shake, trim or a combo) the stronger the herb material, the stronger the meds. Always use caution until you find the right dose.
8 oz ( 240 mls ) of food grade glycerin
a quart jar
a rock tumbler (really helps to use this for the daily shaking esp with arthritis)
2 months

combine the glycerin with the herb matter. shake 5 minutes a day, every day for 2 months.
to strain you need a very fine meshed tea strainer. i use a small herb press to get all of the glycerin separated from the plant matter, but a gloved hand and a few hard squeezes will do. after you have expelled/strained the glycerin cap that jar, get a clean jar and rinse your plant matter using plain water, run this thru the strainer as well. you wont need much water (8 oz tops). the "tea" you get is fine for adding to warm milk, cocoa or tea. the "rinse" batch should be refrigerated until used up. the glycerin i refrigerate or freeze it if it is not used up right away.
i usually carry a small bottle with me on trips and have never had it go bad..after a year, so far.

this medicine you titrate sub lingually (under the tongue). use just a drop or two for starters, the onset is anywhere from 5mins to 30 mins. adjust your dosage up/down from there. i find this to be very effective for body pain.

the strength of the medicine is only as good as the material you begin with. most use "sweet leaf" and/or flowers to make their medicine. some use the shade leaf and it is by far the least potent. if it is not processed for the period of time recommended, that can also decrease the potency as it does take daily agitation, for 2 months, to enable All the healing compounds of Cannabis to be incorporated into the glycerin.

grammychronic

Ticture 2.

Glycerine Cannabis Tincture 101

A quick and easy powerful glycerine based cannabis tincture to do it's as simple as pouring glycerine into a brown glass bottle, followed by your cannabis heads or hashish.

Ingredients:

* 5 grams x Bubble Hash (finely chopped)
* 5 grams x Quality Cannabis Heads (finely chopped)
* 1 x Glycerine (100ml)
* 1 x Brown Glass Bottle (200-250ml)
* ? x Brown Glass Eye Dropper Bottles (number of dropper bottles needed will depend on their size)
* 1 x Coffee Plunger
* 1 x Coffee Filter

Step 1. Pour half the glycerine into the 200-250ml brown glass bottle, followed by the 10 grams of finely chopped and mixed cannabis heads and hashish. Then add the rest of the glycerine and put the lid on shake well for a while and then leave to sit in a dark cool area for as long as you like, returning to shake every few days or weeks to ensure as much of the THC and cannabinoids are extracted as possible. Don't go to step 2 for at least 6 months, it can be left for a year or more all the while giving it occasional shakes.

Step 2. Get the clean eye dropper bottle/s and coffee plunger. Now grab your sitting cannabis glycerine brew and pour it all into the coffee plunger leaving it to drip as long as you can as glycerine is thick.

Step 3. Once this is done place the coffee filter over the bottom of the coffee plunger screen and cut around it leaving about 1-2mm of the coffee filter protruding around the edge to ensure a snug fit.Now plunge your brew and begin to pour into your eye dropper bottle/s until you cant get any more out of it and cap them all up and store in fridge. Now we have a "Glycerine Cannabis Tincture" that can be taken directly under the tongue or added to meals.

If the cannabis tincture is too thick for the eye droppers being used then some water may be added at the rate of 1 part water, 3 parts glycerine. It should be noted that although THC is non soluble in water glycerine is. Food flavourings may also easily be added to glycerine making it a tastier medicine when being taken under the tongue.

As with any cannabis tincture test it's potency first with a small amount to help determine desired dosage rates.

OZ

Ticture 3

Pour large 750 ml bottle of Grand Manier Liqeuir In to a quart preserving jar.
add 1/2 or 1 oz of organic clean dry cured favourite bud.
seal jar .

eithwer follow cold press method. That is to shake daily for 5 to 10 minutes .
after two months strain and put back in Grand manier Bottle .
use as drops from a small dropper bottle daily.
I also take 1 teaspoon every evening .

method 2 is to place preserving jar into a large pot of water that has been heated to a low rolling boil. lower temp to a gentle rolling heat and gently place preserving jar into water. Keep in water for around 15 mins. Remove carefully preserving jar after moving pot from heat and allow to cool a wee bit and pour thru strainer or muslin cloth into funnel and back into grand manier bottle . Once fully cool cork back up and use sparingly.
This has a delicious taste and is gentle way of gainingbenefits of cannabis.
The strained buds can be dried and ground up to make canna flour or put in any nice cookie recipe.

listen stop being little bitches.... damn, hate people who don't contribute just complain....

Some people help and then some complain after some help.... I don't even know why i want to help you.... but I will since i CONTRIBUTE...

simon.... so negative... smoke a bowl...

1. What concentration of product will the Glycerin tolerate? I mean, potency is of the essence and the availability of bud is not an issue.

Glycerin is not as strong as drinking alcohol tincture.... can't be (due to bonding of molecular structure)....
Remember garbage in... garbage out...
an 1/8 per ounce of glycerin is good IMHO.... (an ounce per 8 ounce)
use a dropper for dosing .... (not a drop... a dropper is a dropper full)
u could use pressed bud after glycerin as an addition for butter afterwards...

2. As I understand, from searching, tincture finishing time can be expedited with heat. How can it be finished the quickest? The only requirements are potency and low (physical) dosage.

You could do it on top of a ballast.. but that might take many days... I did it before.... not as dark and potent.... the best way is to use a cooker.... a slow one... one that people use for soup for a few hours.... do it for however long you want... I like 4-6 hours.... the temp is about 170 degrees... speeds the process...

What am i working on now you ask?
well.... with a little positivity I'll let you know my insight... should be nice.. haven't tasted it.. but I have a good theory based on practices on tinctures used commercially.

I don't like negativity.... good karma to all you....

btw Gray Wolf rules.... LOL.... I learn a lot from him in the past.... (i couldn't read any more post after the first page because of the first page but read some from Gray Wolf after I posted)
Yeah decarboxylate first.... then do a heated tincture.... forgot to mention...

I am working on something new that brings out the best in tincture.... Gray Wolf I think you would like my idea but I haven't tried it yet...

sh1wn

Have had some heaven grade Glycerin tinctures made by a fellow from Hawaii ...lovely rose hues & lightly sweet , mixed with two shots of Patron Tequila with 1 tbls of tincture each & your floating down stream to strawberry fields . You don't need anything else for a few hrs ... you are completely set! ;)

Dried Blueberry, mango, papaya for flavoring or raspberries/strawberrys etc , nice ideas ....one thing would imagine for getting best results is putting the finest grind on the material ? Have seen friends doing large batches of C02 extraction & they have this very powerful grinding mill that turns all into fine powder .

Some ideas of pro style mills...
http://www.glenmills.com/index-dry_milling.shtml?http://www.glenmills.com/index.shtml

nice informative medible post greywolf ...Glycerin Tincture
is great stuff !

* Like this little baby off that milling site above :
sub-photo-turbula.gif

You don't want to grind it up too fine because it will clog your fliters quick or you will end up with contamination in your final product.
I use a food processor to kinda coarse grind mine.

Cranberry

So nice to see glycerin starting to get the recognition it deserves. It has taken year to get laboratory results on glycerin extractions, and we are finally getting some...

The word is spreading like wild fire!!
We are hard wired for cannabis!

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
1 tbs of well made glycerin tincture in one shot of Patron Tequila ....

just add pretty trimmers from Brazil....

forget the $1000 bubblers....and Toros

;)

whodare

Veteran
i think a proper decarb would improve the potency... does anyone heat their input material to proper temps for the right amount of time? ie.293f for 7 min or 250f for 30 min...

i think if you use properly decarb'ed bho or bubble and added 1 gram to 20 ml of glycerin 1 ml would be a 50mg dose a safe place to start...

LifeLess

Veteran
I have to bump this. Anyone with any info on whats best would be awesome. I have about 600g of kief to use and would really appreciate some info. Im looking to make some high potency meds. Im about to read this thread now but needed to bump for anything new. Peace n thnx LL

ronbo51

Veteran
I make a fair amount of glycerin tincture mostly for electronic cigarettes, which is the bomb, by the way. I always grind and decarb. You have to decarb to get the conversion. Fill canning jars with product and top off with glycerin. I use both trim and buds for my tinc. Sometimes I add hash. I have also experimented with double brewing, which is after you age and decant the glycerin then load it back into the jars with more fresh trichome bearing material. I store the jars in the dark and occasionally bring them out and stir them up real good. The longer you brew the better, but you can speed things up by warming the liquid and shaking regularly. We use it in e-cigs. out in the open, anytime, anywhere.

LifeLess

Veteran
thnx ronbo. i guess im stuck at how much kief to glycerin. I wont be heating cause im not really in a hurry and would like the best product possible. We need some good meds. Im going looking for some Grey wolf posts. Sounds like he might have something out there on the subject. Peace LL

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pictures of different extractions and processes to go with above.

Attachments

• Press samples 2-1.jpg
    Press samples 2-1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Samples 1, 2, & 3.jpg
    Samples 1, 2, & 3.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Samples A, 1, 2, 3. & 4.jpg
    Samples A, 1, 2, 3. & 4.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 13

mapinguari

Veteran
Gray Wolf says: "You can also use that tincture as the glycerin to start a new batch and build up the potency higher than anything you can do with one cycle."

Gray Wolf has also written that glycerin can only extract / absorb 1/3 as much cannabis oil as alcohol.

Does this statement contradict that one?

Or, doing extraction with alcohol, can you continue to add cannabis to the glycerin indefinitely?

Isn't there a saturation point? Given the time necessary to dissolve the cannabis anyway, how can you tell when you've saturated?

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice thread, bump! :smoke out:

I have a bottle of Glycerin USP it says it is 99.5% Gylcerin Anhydrous is this safe to use and consume orally? I am just wondering what the other .5% could be it says it's a skin protectant on the bottle but lists no other ingredients. Thanks :tiphat:

Midnite Toker

Veteran
Nice thread, bump! :smoke out:

I have a bottle of Glycerin USP it says it is 99.5% Gylcerin Anhydrous is this safe to use and consume orally? I am just wondering what the other .5% could be it says it's a skin protectant on the bottle but lists no other ingredients. Thanks :tiphat:
I'm looking at the same stuff here SOTF420. 6 oz bottle. No where on the bottle does it warn against consumption:)
I'm an old timer, never bought "online" before but It looks worth looking into. 2 gallons would last me several months!

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did some further research, seems USP is what you want you can do anything you want with it. Highest grade, highest purity. The one from Humco (who seems to make the same Glycerin for different brand labels) is made from vegetables according to their customer service rep and it's not synthetic. I'm gonna use this one, it tastes very nice :tiphat: