Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > "Apollo11 Mutts" under 250w HPS in my Closet!!

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
"Apollo11 Mutts" under 250w HPS in my Closet!! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2010, 08:19 PM #31
jus'plain'gill

jus'plain'gill is a jewel in the roughjus'plain'gill is a jewel in the roughjus'plain'gill is a jewel in the roughjus'plain'gill is a jewel in the roughjus'plain'gill is a jewel in the roughjus'plain'gill is a jewel in the rough
Nice progress KB, your ladies are looking good! Congrats on the clones too, I'm sure it feels good to get success on the first try. Your closet should look wild in 4-5 weeks, I can't wait to see those pictures!

Keep it up and you should be rewarded handsomely! Good luck !

.JPG
jus'plain'gill is offline Quote

Old 02-21-2010, 09:39 PM #32
jus'plain'gill

jus'plain'gill is a jewel in the roughjus'plain'gill is a jewel in the roughjus'plain'gill is a jewel in the roughjus'plain'gill is a jewel in the roughjus'plain'gill is a jewel in the roughjus'plain'gill is a jewel in the rough
I hope everything is going well for you still KB. I've been checking for an update the last few days and I expect the next set of pics will show a big change. I do have a question, is the odor still low as flower progresses? The pictures are great but without smell-o-vision there's just no way to get the whole idea, haha!

Take care man

.JPG
jus'plain'gill is offline Quote

Old 02-22-2010, 02:02 AM #33
KolorBlind

KolorBlind will become famous soon enoughKolorBlind will become famous soon enough
Hey JPG

Yeah I have been meaning to do an update for the last couple days, but Ive also had a nursery to paint and start setting up. beleive it or not the wife thinks setting up the nursery is more important than taking pics of my gorgeous ladies!! Blasphemy!! haha

As far as the odor goes, it is definitely getting a bit stronger. If I am gone all day and the door stays closed I can smell nothing when I enter the house, or even the room the closet is in. But as soon as you open the door, the room will smell for a while. Also, I got up in the attic and realized the smell is filling the attic space nicely. Every now and then you catch a faint whiff in the garage, but I think Ill turn my fan around in order to push the air outside instead of into the attic.

I plan on taking pics tonight, we will see how that goes. The change will blow your socks off!! Some of the smaller leaves have a CARPET of trichomes on them, and even some of the fan leaf stems. The buds are swelling up soooo nicely, even the side branches have fat dense buds already. My wife has to quit smoking this weekend so as a little something special we clipped one of the lower buds, dried it ont he hood for 3 hours and rolled a joint. We couldn't keep it lit very well, but about 2 hits and we were laughing hysterically at how fast it got us ripped. Tasted like ass though.

Full update with pics soon to come, sorry again for the delay.

Peace
KB

150w HPS Club
Minifridge Clubhouse

If you don't believe in magic, then you have never watched a plant grow.
KolorBlind is offline Quote

Old 02-23-2010, 11:21 AM #34
KolorBlind

KolorBlind will become famous soon enoughKolorBlind will become famous soon enough
DAY 66

Plant Stage: Flower (Day 39)
Light Cycle: 12/12
Light: 250w HPS, 150w HPS, 2x42w 2700k CFLs, 2x42w 6500k CFLs (568w Total)
Current Medium:
MG Organic + Perlite + Bone Meal
Current Nutrients: Schultz 10-15-10 Every watering @ full strength
Strain: Various Apollo11 Crosses

Here's a nice fat picture update. All the buds are swelling up real big now. They are getting denser and starting to grow together at the tops. Ill toss a bunch of pictures up and let them do the talking, Im short on time as usual.

Clone Shots
All clones are just over 3 weeks old. I cant keep all 5 still in plugs but its fun torturing them and watching their roots grow throughout the tray. As you can see they're in desperate need of transplanting, the one in the last pic is the only one Im considering keeping due to its stubby stem, it would make a great bonsai mom with the 2 larger ones.

Group Shots

Bud Shots

Sorry to anyone on a phone or with a slow connection

So just about 3 weeks to go i figure, maybe less. I am thinking of raising the lights soon but it will require some modification as the current hangars are maxed. Besides that Im really abusing the hell out of this grow and its just gorgeous I have been waiting far too long between waterings. Sometimes I go a day or longer without opening the door (I know, crazy right?? hehe) and the temps get to around 88F max, 82F avg right at the canopy. But as you can see they seem to all be doing well and they just look awesome.

Some of the tops are getting burned from time to time, but raising the lights will help that hopefully. I also removed a ton of lower growth. Pretty much, if it was on the lower half of the plant and didnt have more than a dozen hairs at the tip, it got cut. All fan leaves, since most looked like crap anyways and were dying. Since then the upper growth has taken off and it all looks MUCH greener. All of the lower growth I left are branches that now have frosty little buds on them.

Till next time
KB

150w HPS Club
Minifridge Clubhouse

Old 02-25-2010, 04:48 PM #35
disfunktional
One confused mofo

disfunktional will become famous soon enoughdisfunktional will become famous soon enoughdisfunktional will become famous soon enough
Looking great as always KB!!

i can see, just not past my eyes

if ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power then im somewhere in between
disclaimer: i have no friends. i come here and pretend to be a part of this site to fit in. anything i say is to be a part of said site, any pics i post are pics that i found on the internet.
disfunktional is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2010, 11:41 AM #36
KolorBlind

DAY 74

Plant Stage: Flower (Day 47)
Light Cycle: 12/12
Light: 250w HPS, 150w HPS, 2x42w 2700k CFLs, 2x42w 6500k CFLs (568w Total)
Current Medium:
MG Organic + Perlite + Bone Meal
Current Nutrients: 1Tbs Molasses per gallon every other watering
Strain: Various Apollo11 Crosses

Things are still frosty as ever and the buds are swelling nicely....well, most of them :( I have 2 plants that have the oddest bud formation. Ive seen it before on some bagseed I once grew that tried to get 8 feet tall. Bud this looks much better, but not anything like the other 7 plants. Most of these plants have golf ball or bigger size buds that are as dense as hedge apples. The other 2 have "strands" of bud that is not very dense and the lower buds are pretty pathetic :(

One of the 2 runts is the one I kept in a 16oz cup for over 30 days, and she IS a few days behind the rest but none of them looked like these 2 ever. Oh well, Ill get decent smoke off them but its a bit of a disappointment still. now on the other hand, the rest of the girls are just amazing looking. lets get to the pictures.

Group Shots
I unhooked the hangars I had and attached chain to the hood, allowing me to raise it another 3 inches or so. It made all the difference in the world. I had started to char a lot of the leaves and then saw a couple buds beginning to bleach so I had to do something. You can see the evidence in the last 2 pictures. I took all the CFLs out for the pictures so more buds are visible.

Bud Shots
I just snapped pictures of my 4 favorite ladies. All 7 that are growing normal will yield nicely, but these 4 should be the top. I have numbered tags in each plant for when I was going to clone them all. I only cloned 1-5 so I cannot preserve the genes of 6-9 without resorting to desperate measures. The great thing is that my top picks are 1, 3, 4 & 5

Plant 1 - Every bud in this shot belongs to Plant 1. The far right is the top, slightly bleached by the 250w HPS. It is tied down horizontally due to height issues.

Plant 3 - My nicest and fattest top bud by far. Mainly becaus I let her grow a bit taller in the back so she has a longer top bud. But its as fat as it looks if not fatter, and super dense.

Plant 4 - Another great top bud, matched only by its massive lower buds.

Plant 5 - I like the looks of this one the most by FAR. It looks exactly like the one I grew a while back. Its not the fattest top but mainly because of the side buds growing taller than the top, so it has lots of side buds like plant 4.

On the left is a side bud from plant 5 and on the right, a side bud from plant 5.

Ive switched to molasses only in my water, and only every other watering. I use black strap at 1Tbs per gallon of water. I recommend mixing all you need in a glass of water real well, so its easier to add to a large container.

At this point I can see some of the plants coming down as early as next weekend (13th & 14th). Friday the 12th will be 8 weeks of 12/12. I am seeing a lot of cloudy trichs and saw my first couple of amber trichs today. And I mean that literally, after searching for 20 minutes, I found 2

Till next time
KB

150w HPS Club
Minifridge Clubhouse

Old 03-03-2010, 12:10 PM #37
whatissixbynine

Old 03-04-2010, 01:40 AM #38
KolorBlind

Nanners!!! Doh!!!

Well I made a couple little discoveries shortly after posting last night, and I wasn't too pleased with them. One of the 2 plants that has airy, odd looking bud formation is starting to pop nanners out!! I sprayed the tops with water and picked off as many as I could find, which was about 6. One looked like it might have bursted open but I couldn't see any pollen splatters on any of the fan leaves near it.

Im not too awfully worried about it, mainly because I searched for at least 45 minutes looking at every visible bud on all plants and couldn't find anymore. So far they're only on that one plant which leads me to believe that it is more prone than the others to go hermie or toss out nanners under stress. A couple nights I have forgotten to put a board down in front of the door that blocks light, which Im sure is why I have nanners now.

Other than nanners I was also looking thoroughly for any swollen calyxes that looked to be housing seeds. I saw a little cluster on one bud, and I went ahead and clipped one of the calyxes off to be sure. No seed! So heres hoping that the pollen, if it made it out, didnt go too far. Ill snap a shot of the nanners if more pop up for anyone who is unsure what they look like. In a sea of green they stand out like a sore thumb if you're really looking.

Peace
KB

150w HPS Club
Minifridge Clubhouse

Old 03-08-2010, 08:19 AM #39
KolorBlind

Chopped the hermie early

Not really an official update as I didnt take pics of everything, but I do have a few pictures. Today is Day 78 from seeds, day 51 of 12/12.

My #2 plant (in order of planting not quality) was poppin up a few nanners last time I updated. Well it seems that where I pulled one, 4 more grew back. I got to inspecting and realized the whole damn plant has them, at least 3-4 per bud site. Since it looks worse than the rest, and will possibly pollinate them, I cut her down.

Right now I just have her hanging in the closet on the other side. I have been snipping a few lower branches off multiple plants recently to sample the small buds. So far every bud has been GREAT!! A full effect for sure....cottonmouth, munchies, etc. I am wondering if i should worry about the nanners drying and throwing pollen. I think I may pick through it tonight and pull out what I can, any recommendations? Anyways, on to the pictures.

Here is what I saw first thing when the lights came on. I didnt even have to go searching. Upon later searching, all the buds within these looked about the same.

Good closeup macro. Helpful for anyone who thinks they might have them. They are very obvious once they get to this stage. You can clearly see why they call them nanners.

If you look close, you can see them sporadically throughout the plant here.

Here is the top bud before I chopped her down. The top bud had very few nanners, it was mainly the lower 3/4 of the plant.

Here she is nailed to the wall to get a good idea of the size. It looks so much larger than it really is. The top bud is a cluster of long airy buds. They are decently covered in crystals but aren't too dense. It will be ok smoke but it wont weigh much.

Another closeup of the top bud with a lighter for comparison.

All the wimpy lower buds I stabbed through the top of my box I keep the lightly frosted leaves in to dry. All fan leaves and foliage without crystals goes to compost. This stuff will go to brownies, cookies, or butter.

Here is what I decided to hang up. The 2 on the left and the large one are the only ones from this plant. All the smaller stuff in the middle is what I have had hanging for sampling

I plan to chop most if not all of them next weekend. I am seeing a few amber trichs on most, and more than a few on a couple of them. I will have a full update when they are chopped and hung. It will be fin trying to find places to hang it all!!

So far, from what Ive smoked, I think I should be in for quite a treat! I would smoke 2-3 hits from my bong and by the 3rd one usually I had no doubt that it was working. The taste was very very good considering it was only dried for 5 days. The lower buds I sampled from the Plant #2 I just cut tasted ok but the high wasnt as apparent. It was a very low, airy bud like the ones i stabbed through the box however.

Any thoughts, questions or comments are always appreciated. Also, feel free to guess on weights and such. Im thinking maybe 16g dry off this hermie.

Peace
KB

150w HPS Club
Minifridge Clubhouse

Old 03-08-2010, 09:30 AM #40
Raphael

Raphael will become famous soon enoughRaphael will become famous soon enough
Very efficient grow with the cfls and low wattage hps very happy looking plants!
Raphael is offline Quote