What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I OVERDOSED

D

deathtosoapbar

The problem i have with edibles is a few hours after eating im not high just very heavy stoned walkin round the house into different rooms thinkin "right, what did i come in here for?" memory fucked lol, can be good sometimes for sleep and pain but not for goin out on any social occasion - definitely not good unless your goin to a fancy dress party as a zombie!!

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Edibles can be extra potent to first time eaters. Many are not used to the stronger highs like edibles or true long growing sativas. It freaks people out at times, make them think it is laced and so on.

The worste high on marijuana is better than the worst high on anything else. I personally would not call it "worst" in any sense of the word simply becuse I love that extra potent feeling. Works for some but doesn't for plenty of others.

Easy way to deal with it, just like when you overdid drinking and ended up throwing up everywhere (I think everyone has that story). You end up learning limits and sometimes it feels as though you jumped in head first versus starting at the kiddy pool.

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Gawd.. brownies..

Those things totally _crush_ me.. I feel like god himself is holding me down onto the couch, and telling me.. dont even think about getting up, just sit there and _chill_.

A buddy of mine made a batch that was way overkill on the green. The taste of the chocolate was so masked with the cannabutter. Eat half of one on friday night,
come out of it sunday night.. Geebus.

Can I have another one? :p

Cindy99

Reminded me of that story of that guy and his girl who thought they were dying. Ate too many and in unfamiliar territory can effect some this way.Learn to relax think about Gravity and breathing.
when af was a teenager his Friend who was prone to exaggeration claimed to have O`D.
Never laughed so much.
so Its He O`D. now I O`d too. No he was really O`D.
he couldnt get up.When you are going down, get ready for the dream time.

GroDoc

This post cracks me up. I thinks it's listening to a bunch of stoners talk about being TOO HIGH. don't see that very often. Danimal, YES you were f'd up...:). Gr33nman, laughed out loud about your mom. Like when someone stubs a toe and you laugh. I've gotten too high with a vap and with some cannabutter in oatmeal. Like that spinny feeling you get when you drink to much THEN smoke.

Cindy99

I hardly ever feel like I have had enough unless its Indicas or sleepy edibles.
Laughing at the experiences.Its times like these you ready need some Chocolate Mud Cake. Not so much for talking afterward.

paris

I don't even enjoy the high produced from eating cannabis. It's just not enjoyable regardless of strain for me. I don't want to say it's "strong," because that's not the right word. It's just different. Mild nausea the entire time. Slight dizzyness.

It just sucks. No real upside IMO. It's the total opposite effect of a calming indica that is smoked IMO

SuperConductor

Veteran
That's not what it feel like for me and i dare say many other people. It's different to smoking but saying it's the opposite effect entirely is simply not true ;)

It's totally strain dependant btw and indica doms just don't do it for me persoanlly. Just keep experimenting and see what fits best.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
I got some cookies and a muffin from the store... ate more than enough for myself so I gave the muffin and a few cookies to some girlfriends. They shared the edibles with their friends and family who were over that night and they all got sick. Like, throwing up and stuff. Bad trip.

D

danimal7

I got some cookies and a muffin from the store... ate more than enough for myself so I gave the muffin and a few cookies to some girlfriends. They shared the edibles with their friends and family who were over that night and they all got sick. Like, throwing up and stuff. Bad trip.

It hit me alot like SEA SICK or MOTION SICKNESS .. and if i did not has such a high tolerance I would have been like that cop and his wife that at the pot brownies and called 911 ....."we're dieing ,time is passing very,very slowly"...........LMFAO:booked:

D

danimal7

This post cracks me up. I thinks it's listening to a bunch of stoners talk about being TOO HIGH. don't see that very often. Danimal, YES you were f'd up...:). Gr33nman, laughed out loud about your mom. Like when someone stubs a toe and you laugh. I've gotten too high with a vap and with some cannabutter in oatmeal. Like that spinny feeling you get when you drink to much THEN smoke.

funniest thing is we (IC members ) are not ordinary stoners .....
:dance013:WE ARE SUPERSTONERS!!:dance013:

N

NicholasSmokes

I used 2 sticks of cannabutter and out of that I ate about a third

Maybe you were nauseous from eating 2/3s of a stick of butter! ;-)

If you take too much of an edible, eat some food as it will slow the absorption. Water helps too.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
hey danimal !

discovering the high doses it seems ! that s cool :)

my first high dose was 1L of milk for 150g of buds in the carribean, in a party i knew just one people, could nt speak or have any interaction with people.. lol

now, when i do my cakes they are always superpotent, and i'm use to see people getting fucked up with it, even heavy smokers. But i always tell them what to expect and how strong it is depending on their tolerance. so nobody ever complained ^^

I usually smoke around 5g a day, and when i eat edibles, or make some bhang, i always try to ingest around 3 to 5g. just imagine that you could smoke 3 to 5g in just one hit, and then you ll understand what you get with butter... except the effect is way longer.

from what i ve learn, when i have high tolerance i can smoke almost anything (except for pure sativas) in big quantities, non stop, but i'm always carefull on eating, cause you never know how much is in it.

last batch i made was from vietnam black dominant phenotype of vb c99, not only that was one of the rare strain i can t smoke much cause it s really too strong, but i put around 50g for 15 cookies.

I can let you imagine what happened to my friends... non smokers would get very high from 1/5(even hallucinations), a friend got high for 36 hours with one. after three days very high, i could eat 3 in a raw and still enjoy the experience.

I don t know about people being immune to eating, i ve never seen any people able to eat my edibles more then 5 minutes and still being able to talk or move ^^

I have talk to some heavy cannabis cookers, non smokers. man they were crazy. one was telling me that he just use cannabis on a weekly basis, but when he does he usually cook with a friend, and each one eat the equivalent of 20G of buds... they get super super high, i can t imagine doing that with low tolerance, i ld freak out i believe...

try again, but be carefull :)

++

D

danimal7

making some more cannabutter tomorrow , think I'll do cookies this time

ColBatGuano

I've seen edibles from shops in L.A. which try to include the amount of cannabis they use on the list of ingredients. This place sold edibles by the number of .6g "doses" they included in them. A 3X dose, at 1.8g, sent me into the same stupor as the op, but the next time I ate the same item was much more manageable. Do you suppose it was because the producer can't really know how strong a dose in a batch of product is from one to the other, or because of something physical with me personally from one to the other, or both?

I always thought it was just related to a stronger strain being used from one to the other, or a different amount used from one recipe/baker to the next. But, since this place at least manages the amount from batch to batch, what makes their particular product continue to be unpredictable?

Either way, I love me some good edibles. Banana bread, baby!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
My last butter, made all my friends at the Smoke Out...not wanna smoke-- 2 Ozs prime bud, to 1 lb butter-- Worked pretty good--
I am getting ready to make another batch, using 1/2 oz of Kush Bubble Hash, for a lb of butter-- Hope it hurts ppl!! (J/K...I know it can't really hurt you...just convince you that it did!!:biggrin: )

Latest posts

Latest posts