What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis infused olive oil

candice

When you use the infused olive oil to cook with, doesn't the high heat deactivate the THC. For example sauteing or cooking meat in it?? At some point to high of heat can deactivate the cannabinoids right?

olddaffy

I made my first batch of olive oil this week. Best pain reliever i have found yet.
1 cup of virgin olive oil / 15g vape poo re-ground in a coffee bean grinder.
I let it sit in a mason jar for 2 days, no heat. strained w/a metal screen coffee filter.

1/2 Tbsp
seemed to take forever to work but I was busy and distracted, 4 hours later there was no ignoring the fact I was impaired; and I'm still going. 6 hours of strong effect from a 1/2 tbsp certainly exceeded my expectations.

Barnt

I finally got around to taking pictures of my press. The most important part is reinforcing the can with washers (or something else) to distribute the pressure of the press. I've tried using 3 can lids stacked together but it was too weak under the pressure and ended up bending. I've used the washer setup at least 30 times now and haven't had to make any changes.

All you do is open a can like you normally would and remove the lid completely. Leave the bottom in place and reinforce with washer. Reinforce lid with washers. I used glue to keep the washers in place on the bottom of the can and on the lid. After everything is dry and set you just scoop the wet weed mix (with your choice of oil) after it has cooked into the can. I usually fill it about half full to get a good press. Then put the lid into the can and it will sink to the level of the weed mix. Then put the c-clamp in place and start cranking. As I'm cranking I tilt the can upside down to drain the oil into a cup. After its done draining and you can't crank on it anymore, remove the clamp. The lid should come out easily when you tip it upside down. I then use a metal spoon to chisel out the compressed weed puck. Repeat process if you have more weed mix.

0425101024_Large_.jpg

0425101024a_Large_.jpg

0425101024b_Large_.jpg

LifeLess

Veteran
The icmag community as a whole is just amazing. There isnt ever a time i get on here and see something someone made for one thing or another. Deff a bunch of thinkers we are. I bet someone here could figure out how to stop the oil spill in the gulf. I love this place. I bought some Wesson best blend oil. Its a blend of veg and canola oil. Fat is 14g-22% anyone think i could use this. I have 15 cups of butter already and need some oil. Ty for any responces. Peace LL

candice

LifeLess that oil should work fine just put at least one once of sugar trim/buds to 1 cup oil! That should do the trick!

rudestar

Been cooking trim for years.
Crock pot is best to control smell (use outside) as you will stink the place up for days. I cook on low for 12 to 24 hours. Half a pound of trim rubbed through a screen 3/4 fills crock pot, add 8 cups of olive oil and then a 1/2 cup of water, stir often, leave covered as water helps agitate mixture.
I tried the tin can press, still only got half the oil out of plant material. I use Teeshirt material or cheese cloth to filter oil. Squeeze the hot material into a ball wrapped in cloth to extract oil. A wide mouth half gallon Mason Jar works well, a few elastics will hold a sack of material to top of jar. Return the plant material to crock pot with 4 cups of fresh oil and cook again for 4 to 12 hours. I get a 10 cups from 8 ounces of trim (you will need 13 to 15 cups total). 3/4 cup of oil in a box of brownie mix makes 8 strong brownies.
Pay the few extra dollars for the olive oil as the other cheaper oils all go rancid even if refrigerated. The olive oil can be stored at room temp., just keep in the dark. I make a new batch when last batch is half gone and mix with new to keep dosage steady.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
thank you thank you thank you i've been looking to learn this method and cook me up some goodies! this is an amazing source of information and ideas. Peace

olddaffy

I gave barnt's can a try but Instead of a C clamp I put the can on a glass and set the class/can in a bowl. I put a bar bell weight on top of the can then let it sit over night.

BTW not sure if anyone has mentioned that canna olive oil taste quite good IMHO.
I take it right from the spoon.