What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

passive plant killer

funnymath

D9, what would the best medium be for a smaller ppk grow? I'll be using 3x3x8 treepots with 6" sink tailpieces as the wick. I can get turface and wasn't sure if I should just go with 100% turface or cut it with 30% coco like you said earlier.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
D9, what would the best medium be for a smaller ppk grow? I'll be using 3x3x8 treepots with 6" sink tailpieces as the wick. I can get turface and wasn't sure if I should just go with 100% turface or cut it with 30% coco like you said earlier.

if you've got turface use it straight but screen it over regular aluminum window screen to remove fines and then wash it until it runs clear.

welcome and good luck!

R

RSN

Hello to all:
Delta9Nxs, OldOne, Snook, Av8or... Carl Carlsons(peace), ImgFriend, *mistress*, DHF, and all others - all is good. Been hanging around ppk for long time now growing.
My first grow using four Rubbermaid tens and threes, turface keeping difference at about 4 inches, and using jacks/callmag at 600ppm at 5.8 ph. What a simple system. Only have to fill the supply tank about once every 2 weeks. Never anything else to do but mess with the misses.

Thank all of you,

-
RSN

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Hello to all:
Delta9Nxs, OldOne, Snook, Av8or... Carl Carlsons(peace), ImgFriend, *mistress*, DHF, and all others - all is good. Been hanging around ppk for long time now growing.
My first grow using four Rubbermaid tens and threes, turface keeping difference at about 4 inches, and using jacks/callmag at 600ppm at 5.8 ph. What a simple system. Only have to fill the supply tank about once every 2 weeks. Never anything else to do but mess with the misses.

Thank all of you,

-
RSN

Hello RSN, don't know how long or how many ure doin but with 4 plants and a 600HPS, in the last 3 weeks of bloom, mine use 15 gallons a week. The down side of the PPK is once built, filled and functional, there is no need to talk (argue) about nutes, media, PH or temps, so unless one is prone to just arguing about nothing, there's nothing to talk about except the newest PPK concept, if one wants a new concept. I am starting to use a 5gallon bucket inside a 7 gallon bucket. Currently using a 2 gallon on top of a 3.5. The 5in7 will contain 1 more gallon (3gallons) of turface and will be about 6 " shorter from the top of the media. I do not have the room for the feed bowls. 3/8" hose with tire valves...

The only things that get my attention these days is the Tokers Den, grow room construction and new seeds/strains available (that I have a hard time accessing from Florida). Just to be clear you did type 'calmag', right? GL.

R

RSN

Snook:
First thank you for reading my post and second for finding a dumb error - yes, I did type "CalMag" but I really meant to type "Calcinit".

Another thing to all of you, I have read at least 97% of all your threads. I even found that *mistress* used the alias of "purpledomgoddes" and DHF has had many different aliases. However; reading Carl's posts/threads was like taking a class.

D9, thanks again.

-
RSN

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Snook:
First thank you for reading my post and second for finding a dumb error - yes, I did type "CalMag" but I really meant to type "Calcinit".

Another thing to all of you, I have read at least 97% of all your threads. I even found that *mistress* used the alias of "purpledomgoddes" and DHF has had many different aliases. However; reading Carl's posts/threads was like taking a class.

D9, thanks again.

-
RSN

Carl?

MPL

Any pictures or diagrams of how exactly to build and run this? I'm trying to research it but the threads are old, long and most of the pictures have been deleted, providing no visual context to a lot of the text. Can someone please point me in a more current direction for this? Thanks :)

hey fellas! I could use some advice on a specific dilemma i have. Long story short, I have a vacation planned to travel to South East Asia for 3 weeks in April. Most likely April 9th to April 30th.

The thing is I have 4 seedlings going right now and am wondering if i should race to finish them before my trip or if i should try to slow down their growth and try to time it so that they finish when i get back?

The 4 seedlings are Gorilla Bubble BX4 and I have not determined sex yet.

Here are a couple pictures of them:[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
I'm not sure if i should transfer these babies to PPK and get them vegging with explosive growth ASAP and veg them for a specific amount of time so that they finish by the time i go on vacation? OR should I maybe take my time with them and keep them growing slow and vegging longer so that they are finishing by the time i get back from my 3-week vacation?

Gorilla Bubble BX4 are said to have 60day flowering time. And i will be SCROG with roughly 5 or 6 sq ft for each plant so i can't veg for an unlimited amount of time.

would appreciate your guys' input! Thanks in advance

PS - just ignore that ugly mother plant in the background and the clone that is in the center of the tote (the 4 seedlings are the cups at the 4 corners of the ppk cloner)

[/FONT]
[/FONT]