What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need Advice on Cooking w/ Hash. Hard Candy, Tootsie Rolls?

I have a soft caramel recipe I will be posting later today, they are pretty potent and if done right you can barely taste anything but caramel :D

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
LOL this thread is the jam. I'm going to do this in 9 weeks! Woo, thanks

So 9 weeks go by and...
I can't see a good reason to take a good recipe down. Maybe a little explanation for those of us that were excited about it? Maybe "too good" really means "they don't work?" That would be nice to know, but I don't imagine that's what you meant.

:-(

I guess I can figure it out starting with the 0.1 gr (bubble) / tootsie ratio and a 20-30 minute butter/hash boil for decarboxylation

EDIT:
Have brain, will find recipe.
Peace

PS please consider reposting the recipe. Consider the possibility of your business decreasing. I suggest it is not a big chance...

synax

I made another batch of these last night. I ate one around 11:30 this morning and am just now coming down. I love pot tootsie rolls!!!

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
Nice! I made a batch last night. I used 2.1 gr of bubble for 20 tootsie rolls. When I cut the snake up into pieces though I just made 18, so a little bigger dose than suggested by the original recipe. Ate one (so did a couple friends) just over 30 minutes ago, so we'll see how this goes. I am def getting a body buzz as we speak. Yay.

Suggestions on making these:
As opposed to melting the Tootsies at 300 as per the recipe, they should be melted at 240-250 to keep them from reaching the hard crack stage (here's a good chart showing temperatures for candy making)

I melted the Tootsies at 300, then cooked them with the hash mixture at 250, next time I'm using 250F the whole way... My Tootsies were like peanut brittle.
Still tasty, though. They burned my throat a little for some reason. Maybe the butter?

Take care peeps

synax

sorry to delete this recipie but im in the medical mj field & these are now a special recipe.

over/under cooking plays a HUGE roll in the potency......all depends if your hash/cannabutter is already active or not.......plus I got a few tricks up my sleeve for taste & uping the potency........good luck as these can be real ass kickers!

Ms. Weekend, I feel honored to have gotten the recipe before you removed it. With my few tweaks on the last batch I have had people call me after sitting in a parking lot for 3hrs to stoned to get out of the car. Indeed these things rock. Unfortunately they don't affect my fiance the same way as my cookies do. I think she just has a hard time breaking gown the corn syrup. She has a lot of food allergies so I am tweaking this recipe and trying to make my tootsie rolls from scratch.