What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FOX FARM DOES NOT SUPPORT US!

Fox Farms does not support MMJ!

After selling Fox Farm products for years, a local California dispensary was told they can no longer carry Fox Farm products and to pull all products from the shelves. It turns out that Fox Farm was "unaware" their products were being sold or used in the MMJ community and once they found out a representative from Fox Farm, Allan Flores, sent a letter to this place (which they posted on the wall) stating "Our product can not be sold/resold or distributed for the purpose of cultivating a controlled substance" and forced them to take Fox Farm products off their shelves.

This to me is similar to how I feel about Micheal Phelps.... He could have stood up for himself, but instead he backed down, saying he made a mistake so he wouldn't lose endorsements. On the other hand, you have MMA fighter, Nick Diaz, who refuses to stop smoking, even after being disciplined. The Nevada State Athletic Commission seems confused over MMJ, saying it is performance enhancing because of it's pain relief abilities (saying he has a higher pain threshold) while at the same time being a threat to the fighter because it makes them" lethargic, slows reflexes, and those are dangerous things in a combat sport". So which is it? Sorry, I digress.....

If our community will not be supported by those who we support, I suggest we use companies who stand by our beliefs (Humbolt nutes, Advanced Nutes and I'm sure there are more who support us!) or switch to true organic soil, hydro or aero. This news was initially bad for me, as I use many Fox Farm products (soil, liquid nutes, and sometimes bloom boosters) but this information is making me switch to building my own soil and slowly making me go toward aeroponics.

I remember people talking about boycotting Kelloggs products because they pulled endorsements from Micheal Phelps, I think at the very least we should boycott Fox Farms. That AND we need to let them know WHY their sales will be dropping! Allan Flores is the representative who sent the letter, his contact info is:

Allan Flores
aflores@foxfarmfertilizer.com
(800)436-9327

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Perhaps they should stop producing a product that is widely used for mj cultivation.
If they were as righteous as this anecdote would have us believe, they would suspend such operations.
By even making a comment that asserts their position, they make a mistake marketing wise, and ethically for that matter.
No offense smokesalot, but I would have to see further proof that they did this and made the statement as reported.

See, what you are telling us they stated, and posted, would be fodder for the grow shops lawyers.

outdoe

Fox Farms does not support MMJ!

After selling Fox Farm products for years, a local California dispensary was told they can no longer carry Fox Farm products and to pull all products from the shelves. It turns out that Fox Farm was "unaware" their products were being sold or used in the MMJ community and once they found out a representative from Fox Farm, Allan Flores, sent a letter to this place (which they posted on the wall) stating "Our product can not be sold/resold or distributed for the purpose of cultivating a controlled substance" and forced them to take Fox Farm products off their shelves.

This to me is similar to how I feel about Micheal Phelps.... He could have stood up for himself, but instead he backed down, saying he made a mistake so he wouldn't lose endorsements. On the other hand, you have MMA fighter, Nick Diaz, who refuses to stop smoking, even after being disciplined. The Nevada State Athletic Commission seems confused over MMJ, saying it is performance enhancing because of it's pain relief abilities (saying he has a higher pain threshold) while at the same time being a threat to the fighter because it makes them" lethargic, slows reflexes, and those are dangerous things in a combat sport". So which is it? Sorry, I digress.....

If our community will not be supported by those who we support, I suggest we use companies who stand by our beliefs (Humbolt nutes, Advanced Nutes and I'm sure there are more who support us!) or switch to true organic soil, hydro or aero. This news was initially bad for me, as I use many Fox Farm products (soil, liquid nutes, and sometimes bloom boosters) but this information is making me switch to building my own soil and slowly making me go toward aeroponics.

I remember people talking about boycotting Kelloggs products because they pulled endorsements from Micheal Phelps, I think at the very least we should boycott Fox Farms. That AND we need to let them know WHY their sales will be dropping! Allan Flores is the representative who sent the letter, his contact info is:

Allan Flores
aflores@foxfarmfertilizer.com
(800)436-9327

well wtf we gone use? ff has the best
advance has soil?

KaliRush

Perhaps they should stop producing a product that is widely used for mj cultivation.
If they were as righteous as this anecdote would have us believe, they would suspend such operations.
By even making a comment that asserts their position, they make a mistake marketing wise, and ethically for that matter.
No offense smokesalot, but I would have to see further proof that they did this and made the statement as reported.

See, what you are telling us they stated, and posted, would be fodder for the grow shops lawyers.

Yea I'm not saying that I'm doubting you but for me to switch, and I will if this is true, I need more evidence. Is there a way to get a copy of that letter?

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
I grow MJ without the use of any FF products. No interest in them what so ever. I won't need to boycott anything.
Plenty of other good products out there. IMO.

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Hmm so you mean to tell me that they thought they were selling their products to normal gardners and the like? Get real lol outside of indoor grow shops I have yet to see a bag of fox farm soil or nutrients being sold for normal gardening. Perhaps its just in my area but how many gardners do u know that would be willing to pay up to $25 for a bag of dirt? Let them learn the hard way and maybe they will drop the prices some. There are plenty of other products out there u can buy to grow MJ as Hold Your Fire said.

D

dongle69

As a former employee of both Fox Farms and General Hydroponics, let me tell you they fully support and test with the weed community.
They are just being smart by not flaunting it by selling it at a place where weed is sold.
Just like you shouldn't mention weed at a hydro shop.
They want to continue to be able to sell their products.
They are not weed activists (as a company), they are nutrient manufacturers and distributors.
In the U.S. people get in trouble for the silliest things.
Look what happened to Tommy Chong for having his name on a bong.
Get yourself some Advanced Nutrients if you think you have to support those ideals.
Get some KY Jelly while you are at it, cause it is gonna hurt.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah, dispensary...I was thinking hydro shop I guess. Didn't read close enough...
There is nothing to boycott.
Dispensaries are obviously breaking the law.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
Martin Luther King said:
One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all."
for truth. fuck marijuana being "illegal" its a plant that grows naturally. no one invented it. blaze one up for freedom.

S

ShoeboxSherman

meh. I use the FF peace of mind/happy frog dry ferts. I like them. I'll continue to use them :joint:

I'm thinking dongle probably is correct here.

I will ask the dispensary owner if she would not mind giving me a copy to post here, or if it is even legal to do so....

well wtf we gone use? ff has the best
advance has soil?

Either build your own soil using the many recipes in the organic soil section here on IC mag, or start with some Black Gold and add your nutes to that. I have liked what I have used in the Botanicare line and am currently switching to Humboldt Nutes to try them out. I'm sure others can chime in who have experience with other products.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
" Dispensaries are obviously breaking the law. " --- All due respect to the host, but many here would disagree with that statement.

" Get some KY Jelly while you are at it, cause it is gonna hurt. " I will find out if this is true, as I am completing my first experimental run using AN Connoisseur, and the MANY additives, have tried all major lines except Botanicare. LOL....gOod One Dongle....

As for FF... They have had problems with releasing their Ocean Forest without time to properly compost. At certain times of the year (when demand for the soil is highest) they sometimes SEEM TO fall behind, and the soil is too hot. Smells like Chicken Manure, and other of the more cheap items that they use in the Dirt. Many locals are aware of this occurring in the last 2-3 years, or so.

I can;t fault them, for not being more POLITICAL, as they are forced to do much of their business in the USA. And Federal Law and all that..

I DO use the soil sometimes, as a part of a blend.

My main soil too is Black gold - Like Smokesalot - with perlite and Mycorhizzae added....

Outdoors - I DO like the Bloom boosters too. Beastie Bloomz is a great product.

ROTSA RUCK, Y'All - this Summer

madassimi

i guess they think everyone grows tomatoes :joint:

i don't like their liquid nutes - burn.baby.burn

i do like their LW soil-less mixture & HF potting soil ~ but i think it's time for me to apply LC to the garden

Olifant

Well, about Phelps. Remember he was suspended from his sport for those photos. Those statements he made weren't just about endorsements, he did what he had to do to remain a competitive swimmer. It's amazing to me that they suspended him after all he's done for them.

Cannabis doesn't have any extremely unusual dietary requirements, and is really odd that a fertilizer manufacturer would be so upset about their fertilizer, which got it's start marketing directly to cannabis growers, being used for legal medical marijuana production. Noone but cannabis growers would pay those obscene prices for their inferior soil mixes. I use wild plants and blokking 14 comfrey for my ferts, and I know they won't give me no lip. This is still not as bad as advanced nutrients and their turning their back on the people who supported them in the beginning.

D

dongle69

...start with some Black Gold and add your nutes to that. I have liked what I have used in the Botanicare line and am currently switching to Humboldt Nutes to try them out.
Going with your politics, you can't use Black Gold because Sun Gro Horticulture does not openly support marijuana.
Cross off Botanicare and Humboldt Nutrients as well.
I was at the owner of Humboldt Nutrients new store opening today and they had the ubiquitous signs that most grow shops have that state you will be asked to leave if you speak about marijuana or prop 215.
Pretty much cross every product made and/or sold in the USA off of your list.
Even most of the imports are a no go.
me to apply LC to the garden
Can't use that stuff either!

See how silly this can get?

As a former employee of both Fox Farms and General Hydroponics, let me tell you they fully support and test with the weed community.
They are just being smart by not flaunting it by selling it at a place where weed is sold.
Just like you shouldn't mention weed at a hydro shop.
They want to continue to be able to sell their products.
They are not weed activists (as a company), they are nutrient manufacturers and distributors.
In the U.S. people get in trouble for the silliest things.
Look what happened to Tommy Chong for having his name on a bong.
Get yourself some Advanced Nutrients if you think you have to support those ideals.
Get some KY Jelly while you are at it, cause it is gonna hurt.

This is the only company that has told the place they could not sell their product..... How is the fact that they are selling anything there "flaunting it"? They got the soil from a distributor so it was not even purchased from Fox Farm.

You are right that you should not mention weed at a hydro store, but a medical marijuana dispensary is a whole different place. It is not legal for a hydro shop to sell medicine to patients, so why the comparison? I am not asking for them to become weed activists (strawman), I am asking that they not pull their product from a LEGAL medical dispensary because nothing is being done that is illegal. Why would they have to stop selling their products because a dispensary is selling nutes or soil? Should the companies that make plastic pots, net pots, garden pruners, ph or ec testers, and other items also pull their products from a legal dispensary because the DEA or whatever other force you are talking about will make them stop being able to sell their product?

You are right that people get in trouble for the stupidest things in the US.... it's time we stand up and make a point rather then allow the powers that be to continue to get us in trouble for something that is not hurting anyone! (Again, this is legal in this medical state so why would they get in trouble?)

I won't be buying AN products, I am just going to make an organic soil mix for half of my set-up, and 1/2 aeroponics using Humboldt nutes (if it works out) since it's getting cooler allowing me to go hydro or aero.

elfstone

From the FoxFarm Employment Opportunities link:

http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/jobsfox.html

"FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to an alcohol and drug free work environment. Pre employment drug screening required."

What I find interesting is the names they use for their bloom products, Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, and Cha Ching; to me these names sound like maximizing your cannabis buds are the main point!

Guess you gotta play cat and mouse games with the idiot powers-that-be thugs.

Latest posts

Latest posts