What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why do people who have never consumed eddibles, insist on eating more than one???

johnnyla

Veteran
edibles take hours to take full effect and increase appetite. plus if they are already tasty to begin with then that in and of itself will make you eat more. it's harder to regulate the dose.

relief

Hahahaha, yeah I've been there. I ate a HUGE cookie and 15 minutes later thought.. "Hhmm, I dont feel shit I think I need a few more." I was so blasted I could not move, I was locked to the floor like I was chained down. I could not move, my brain would tell my body to get up but it wasn't listening.

Haha, thought I was going to die. Sucked ass then, but it's funny now that I look back at that experience.

I was in a village in North India once on Siva's birthday. The villagers gathered to make a big pot of bhang lassi (a kinda yoghurt drink with weed in it. They passed it around and it was delicious... full of nuts and spices. After fifteen minutes or so I started to feel great - like really fantastic - one of those buzzes where you feel you're just in the right place.... so I asked for another cup.

Big mistake...

wintermute

More is Better! (for small numbers of more)

More is Better! (for small numbers of more)

.....So, I made a batch of cookies for my friend, telling him, "beware, only eat one, and plan on having nothing to do for the next 6-8 hours."

I catch up with him the next week to find out that he did, infact, enjoy them quite a bit...... His friend, however ... ate like 6 or 7 cookies.

Whenever I get goodies made extra strong I like to eat a couple. That's still a lot less than SEVEN though! :)

C

cork144

Awww.... I always feel bad for people who have a bad experience like that. Poor girl. I've always heard that you cant overdose on THC..... Sooooo wrong!

no, you can just have too much at one time!

some of these storys crack me up, cheers for the laugh.

I made 2 batches of brownies back in the day. I was bored and had nothing better to do so I ended up eating both pans within 2 hours maybe. I was so high for 3 days. I use nothing but bho so my goodies are really good. I make all kinds of food on a regular basis. I'm known around my neck of the woods as the Betty Crocker of weed. I love eating pot food, but only when its made with bho. When you grind nugs up and put it straight into the brownies or whatever youre making all you taste it weed. BHO gives it just a faint taste of supreme dankness. The only other crazy idea I have is I wanna eat a lil ball of straight bho, either a half or full gram. My bho usually isnt oil, most of the time its rock solid so getting it down the hatch wouldnt be a problem at all.

79towncar

I had a friend who was 6'3 240.. But not sloppy weight he was a top athlete and really strong.. So everytime we every did anything he always had to do the most.. He always had to eat the most, always had to drink the most, always had to win with everything.. Everybody has a good friend like this.. Just really competative.. Anyway he had to eat a half a tray of brownies.. He had soo much tough talk in the begining.. But after almost 2 hours he was sweating like crazy and didn't say a word.. We all could tell he was buggin out soo bad.. We bust his balls to his day about it.. He also took 3 hits of acid for his 1st time and completly lost his head.. Thats a whole nother stoory tho..,.

Piel

Veteran
I did that with acid. Started with a whole when everybody else did half a hit, after 15 min I did another...man was I fucked up! I hallucinated for days...

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
I use the tailings of my bubblehash runs to make butter, and I triple-extract it. There's a lot of residual resin left over after stirring, and much of the chlorophyll gets left in the bucket water, so when finished the butter turns a beautiful translucent golden-green, and is exceptionally potent. It almost looks like you can smoke it.

I make little tiny bite-size cookies when I bake. When I give them out, I always tell people to start with just one and see where it takes them. Most people listen, and report back with things like "damn, those were some strong little cookies!". But occasionally I'll run into someone with a story like "man, I was sitting on my couch, and all of a sudden I couldn't tell if the thought I was thinking was actually the current thought or one from five minutes ago, and then I tried to say it out loud but my voice kept echoing in my own head, and then I couldn't tell if I myself was right now or five minutes ago, and it took me an hour just to grasp the concept of personal identity again". How many did you eat? "Dude, they were so small, I ate all 6". Didn't I tell you?

Once I was given a free cookie at the dispensary, and I brought it home and set it on the counter. One of those gigantic quarter pound dispensary cookies that you can break into 4 pieces and be just fine. I went outside for a second, and my dog got up on the counter, grabbed the cookie and chewed up the bag it came in. I came in the house, found the empty cookie bag and a trail of crumbs, and my dog looking all guilty because he knew he got caught doing something wrong. Oh... my... gosh... once it kicked in, I had never seen a creature behave like that before. Gradually lost total control of his muscles. Poor guy... I let him outside to pee about an hour later, and he literally could not figure out how to pee! He ended up pissing all over himself and almost stumbled into the pool, I had to pick him up and carry him back inside. He spent the next 8 hours glassy-eyed and completely unresponsive on the couch, and he wasn't right for a few days. Oddly enough, this was also the last time he ate anything off the counter when I wasn't looking.

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
:laughing: Thats hillarious. Im glad your dog is ok. That must have freaked him out a lil bit. Poor guy.... but like I mentioned earlier, sometimes you gotta learn the hard way.

Leafmold

Been there

Been there

Hi
Yes been there a friend made some fudge about the size of a golf ball. had 2 what a mess, shaking n keeled over. not good lol, had similar when smoking some good Black several years ago when i was a smart arse kid that new it all.:noway:

When I lived in Denver, a freind gave me the mother of all brownies...2" thick, 2 1/2 inches wide, and 5 inches long. "I only had an ounce, so these seem kind of weak...make sure to eat the whole thing" he told me. Me, having never tried eating cannabis before, thought "ok" . I then proceeded to consume this monument to brownies with a glass of milk. That was three loooong days of paranoia, staring out the peephole in the door, pacing, sweating, laying down, getting restless, getting up and pacing again.
4 days later when I could form a coherent thought, I checked my answering machine...first message "Dude...i may have been wrong about that brownie...best to eat just 1/3 of it. " Any time i go back to see my old friends, I get the business about this story.

Norrath

i think the worst off ive ever been was "tired/hungover" the next day after eating too many...

like i WOKE UP exhausted...if that makes any sense, sleep had no effect type of deal. just plain wrecked the day after exuberant consumption...

Grateful D

The first time i made brownies i made the mistake of eating most of the batch myself not knowing thier strength. I was fine i got really fucked up and fell asleep and woke up a few hours later feeling like shit. But my dog on the other hand, she was not so lucky. I was so stoned that i left the only couple of brownies that i didnt eat on the counter uncovered, and the dog got to them. That dog stayed fucked up for two days. And when i say fucked up, i mean she was HIGH. I felt terrible when i figured out what happened. But she ended up coming through it just fine and i got a good story.

I never got sick from edibles or paranoid, in fact edibles that are actually good tend to make me very comfortable. People probably eat a bunch if they are not good, or think they don't have to put much in the food.

Fact is in my experience, the edibles require far more cannabis than what it takes to smoke and I still desire something to smoke while living in the 'stupor zone'. The stupor is addictive, it's easy to nod out on a good cannabis product (pretty lame if it doesn't induce the nods).

I nod out more on good weed than an opiate, which actually makes me very paranoid. I never had a bad edible experience, it probably means you didn't eat enough....because if it is enough, it's so tranquil....unless I had to drive around or something around a lot of chaos.

The best brownies I eat, had a full pound of dank and three pounds of trim. One brownie was plenty, people said to eat a half of a brownie but I really don't OD on pot...if anything I get paranoid smoking a little and not having more, that agitates me badly!

I don't think it has anything to do with being to stoned, if anyone is like me they know that they have more problems from not using enough. I guess it's like some drinkers, if they only have a few drinks they can't handle it but if they have to much they are just right.

It's very easy to tell how potent edibles are, it's a very rich taste and extremely filling. One nibble and you know how potent it is, I have seen a few weak batches but food are rare...it's only really worth using up the scraps from dry sifting or water hash (that doesn't get all the resin, just the easily captured).

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
I use the tailings of my bubblehash runs to make butter, and I triple-extract it. There's a lot of residual resin left over after stirring, and much of the chlorophyll gets left in the bucket water, so when finished the butter turns a beautiful translucent golden-green, and is exceptionally potent. It almost looks like you can smoke it.

I make little tiny bite-size cookies when I bake. When I give them out, I always tell people to start with just one and see where it takes them. Most people listen, and report back with things like "damn, those were some strong little cookies!". But occasionally I'll run into someone with a story like "man, I was sitting on my couch, and all of a sudden I couldn't tell if the thought I was thinking was actually the current thought or one from five minutes ago, and then I tried to say it out loud but my voice kept echoing in my own head, and then I couldn't tell if I myself was right now or five minutes ago, and it took me an hour just to grasp the concept of personal identity again". How many did you eat? "Dude, they were so small, I ate all 6". Didn't I tell you?

Once I was given a free cookie at the dispensary, and I brought it home and set it on the counter. One of those gigantic quarter pound dispensary cookies that you can break into 4 pieces and be just fine. I went outside for a second, and my dog got up on the counter, grabbed the cookie and chewed up the bag it came in. I came in the house, found the empty cookie bag and a trail of crumbs, and my dog looking all guilty because he knew he got caught doing something wrong. Oh... my... gosh... once it kicked in, I had never seen a creature behave like that before. Gradually lost total control of his muscles. Poor guy... I let him outside to pee about an hour later, and he literally could not figure out how to pee! He ended up pissing all over himself and almost stumbled into the pool, I had to pick him up and carry him back inside. He spent the next 8 hours glassy-eyed and completely unresponsive on the couch, and he wasn't right for a few days. Oddly enough, this was also the last time he ate anything off the counter when I wasn't looking.

Holy shit that had me lol'ing

Latest posts

Latest posts