What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need fusarium wilt advice!!

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
My last grow, I did from seeds in coco, and about 4 weeks before harvest, was hit by fusarium. Areas of bud would turn brown like burned, but when crumbled it was mold on inside.

Never had it before with GG4 (a clone strain, so should be genetically identical), but had on 3 buds tonight, 2 or 3 weeks before harvest. Using new state of the art LED's and have the most beautiful buds I have ever grown.

Need advice on what to use, if spray or feed, and mixing instructions. The label instructions are usually for ornamentals. Procidic mixing instructions are per acre.

Would like to use something I have, since this can become a disaster in a few days.

I have, Procidic, Actinovate, Liquid copper fungicide, SM-90, Serenade, GreenCure, Chitosan Lactate, Flying Skull Nuke'em, and Daconil (was mixed months ago, so probably bad).

I think Procidic is supposed to be best, but does anyone know how to mixup a quart.

I am going to use Serenade, at lights out, and will hit with Procidic when I figure it out, or what is suggested here.

Thanks!!!

Also have something called Guard from India, but not sure how to mix. It is trichoderma viride. No directions though, and their website does not work.

M

moose eater

Started in the buds??

You sure what you have is fusarium wilt and not bud rot??

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Started in the buds??

You sure what you have is fusarium wilt and not bud rot??

From pictures in MyNameStitch sticky at top.

That could be it also. looks like burned brown leaves on beautiful top buds, and when crumbled looks moldy inside.

Would you suggest any of those products for bud rot?? Lights go out in about 2 hours, so want to hit them right after they go out.

Thanks!!!!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That shit's going to take your entire crop if you dont chop now!

Early... I know... But some is better than none.

Once chopped cut the mold out of the buds & dispose of it, removing from your house.

Clean the hell out of your grow space before next crop.

As for along as it is, you can't stop it.

Botrytis contains aflatoxins that will make you sick if consumed.

M

moose eater

I know others here have disputed this approach in the past, and my girls are in 4'x4' cabinets, but based on your description, my vote is against it being fusarium wilt, but rather bud rot/botrytis.

I never spray anything on my buds if I can help it at all; not even water. (*The exception to the rule being water, if I'm attempting to neutralize possible pollen if I've found any male stress flowers).

Now, the part that's had some criticize my past (and admittedly limited) approach; turn off your fans for the period of time this takes. Bag the affected area carefully, by inverting a wide-enough-mouthed bag over the buds to enclose them without any significant agitation, making sure to jiggle them/it as little as possible.. In other words, in bagging over the top, be -very- gentle.

Snip that puppy with sharp sheers, razor, etc., a bit away from the -visibly- affected area(s), in other words creating a bit of a buffer between the visible rot and the cutting spot.

Trash the affected bits away from the grow area.

Keep a -close- eye on affected area, and repeat if you see even a small showing of anything similar in that area of the garden.

If the rot begins to spread, and intervention as described above doesn't stop it, then harvest what's not affected, call it a lesson in misery, and scrub the bejeeesus out of the garden spot and any adjacent areas that can affect the air inside.

I have used a combination of bleach and Borax, in relatively stout concentrations, and I scrubbed the floor, walls, etc. Where I couldn't easily get to spots, I used a sprayer, but bear in mind that Borax can clog (and probably will clog) your sprayer, so be prepared with a back-up $20 sprayer, and some patience. And bleach being used in sprayers that aren't made for industrial cleansers will eat at rubber seals over time, too.

I don't do over-kill in the volume of liquid when I'm spraying, but I make sure everything gets hit at least minimally... as in 'visible moisture on the surface from the sprayer.'

"That's my story, and I'm sticking to it...." :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts