What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What seed company can make the best OG Kush?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A not smelly OG is just not OG then. So, no. It's not possible.

That aside, the DNA OG#18 and the Karma Bear OG are from the same batch of seeds. Breeder Steve had 40 OG S1's and they were sorted. DNA picked a more lemony type plant with typical OG structure, the #18, and Karma picked one that stacked better, was a bit more sour in flavor profile, and produced exaggerated calyxes, which was his main interest. That was #14, if I remember all this correctly, later called Bear.

Since the seeds were from Breeder Steve and he worked with SFV OG, if you look back at his old offerings, it's fair to assume it was a batch of SFV S1s.

dank.Frank

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm gonna probably run a few OG Kush plants outdoors this summer........from everybody's opinion Archive, Karma, RD, DNA are the goods. Like I mentioned Capt Krip had the OG(sfv)f3 about 10-12 yrs ago and it was a beast. Also a few crosses he made like Chem x OG(sfv) was absolute fire. I'd got a good OG Tahoe, and Fire OG back then as well. Im definitely want to run something that is top of the line......I'm just a OG Kush lover, I grew alot of the OG Kush from back in the 2007-2009 yrs. I'm gonna probably get something from RD, Karma maybe....I need fem seeds really. I don't have a indoor mother room at the time. I'd like to see the difference in the OG Kushs since the 2007ish until now!!!! I'm assuming some of these breeders has worked it up and done different things, maybe to better it???

Mohadib

Veteran
Hi! Is it possible to find not very smelly OG? Do you now?

I think it depends on what you consider to be "OG". If your criterion for something being "OG" is the 'whole pack', i.e. geno- pheno- and chemotypic resemblance, then I'd agree (which I do, btw): There's no "OG" without one of it's main characteristics: it's loud aroma.

However, there are obviously lines that are (almost) all OG and that don't smell too much. Take Karma's Josh D OG, for example: There's phenos that resemble "OG" in every aspect, except in terms of smell (and taste for that matter). Growing pattern, frostyness, potency, high... it's all very close to the original. Even the smell and taste are similar, just not that pronounced.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
OG(sfv)Kush f3 Kryptonite Seeds
This is OG Kush!!!!

Attachments

• user65286_pic204113_1256652561.jpg
    user65286_pic204113_1256652561.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 57
  • user65286_pic204110_1256652561.jpg
    user65286_pic204110_1256652561.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 56
  • user65286_pic247086_1261122979.jpg
    user65286_pic247086_1261122979.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 58
  • user65286_pic247084_1261122979.jpg
    user65286_pic247084_1261122979.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 56

THC123

Veteran
Try karma's gear, he has lot of kush lines and woks together with Josh D. The man knows what he is doing and he can make huge selections.

I have never ever had ONE bad strain from Karma, and the weed he grows himself is stellar!!

Storm Shadow

Veteran
None of the SoCal Clone vendors carry that Super Dank OG anymore....its liked its vanished... Im talking Progressive Options type of OG'z that were as good as weed can get.... Ive gone thru so many different OG cuts from everyone and they are a shell of their former selves... wish I didnt lose my Tahoe to the Broad Mite epidemic...

That Tahoe from P.O blows everything out of the water by a mile that has come out in recent years ... made your forehead sweat...mouth explode with Terps and could Yield like a champ... I could trim pounds a day of that stuff with ease..

Sorry...my rant is over... i miss her alot

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran

That aside, the DNA OG#18 and the Karma Bear OG are from the same batch of seeds. Breeder Steve had 40 OG S1's and they were sorted. DNA picked a more lemony type plant with typical OG structure, the #18, and Karma picked one that stacked better, was a bit more sour in flavor profile, and produced exaggerated calyxes, which was his main interest. That was #14, if I remember all this correctly, later called Bear.

Since the seeds were from Breeder Steve and he worked with SFV OG, if you look back at his old offerings, it's fair to assume it was a batch of SFV S1s.

dank.Frank

Nice background info Frank...I've been running DNA's OG #18 for awhile. I actually run 2 phenos from the same 5 pack of fem seeds. They're both excellent, but they dont have any lemony taste at all. One pheno has a like a mild pine earthy taste, and the other taste like gassy piney earthy and has a very strong sour taste on the exhale. The sour is so strong that I gave it to a few other heads to taste and they swore it was sour diesel. Even the bud structure is a lil dieselish.

OP

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
looks beautiful man what medium and nutes did you use to grow that dank?

I grew those over 10yrs ago lol.....but I've used this mix or close.

Ocean Forest,....add extra perlite, dolomite, I usually used plant success or great white. But I'd mix 60-70% OF and add 30-40% perlite. OF has perlite in it but I like to add extra.

Nutes I use the Fox Farm line, Maxicrop Seaweed....calmag.....just the basic stuff.

I've always kept a pretty simple soil mixture. I do add a few things here and there but not alot. I try to KISS method with everything.

I the pics that ,5gal buckets for those who maybe couldn't tell.

I'm hoping to find something close to those older OGs...maybe better who knows. :tiphat:

DerpNerpem

Buy up all the Fire OG that you can, she likes to make hidden beans, and they'll be all you wanted, feminized to boot.. More than one per 8th tho, dont pop it. Pop the solo one you find in an 8th or ounce, the random solo ones from no where are always awesome.. Getting one wet tomorrow

DerpNerpem

None of the SoCal Clone vendors carry that Super Dank OG anymore....its liked its vanished... Im talking Progressive Options type of OG'z that were as good as weed can get.... Ive gone thru so many different OG cuts from everyone and they are a shell of their former selves... wish I didnt lose my Tahoe to the Broad Mite epidemic...

That Tahoe from P.O blows everything out of the water by a mile that has come out in recent years ... made your forehead sweat...mouth explode with Terps and could Yield like a champ... I could trim pounds a day of that stuff with ease..

The lemon-pinesol pheno? Never grew her, havent even seen any pinesol buds in... goin on a decade :(

fvasquez

I think a lot of the old OG clones lost their vigor. Have had OG from very reputable sources over the past few years that just didn't have the same pop in terms of smell and effect. The good news is that some people did not have these problems with their clones and there is still good old school OG out there. Had some Skywalker OG that was the real deal this past summer. High Octane OG as well that was a trip down memory lane.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That OG (SFV) that Capt Krip used to have was truly great. I think it was swerve from Cali Conn that had the original. But I got them from Capt. 10yr ago almost. I ran the OG fire from Raskal. Oh I ran the OG Tahoe from CAli Conn I forgot. They were all good but that OG (SFV) is hands down a beast. If CC has the same as Krip had it's the one to get OG (SFV) Kush

Toked many OGs, and imo, which is just that, my opinion, swerves SFV is my favorite. Solid lemon buds, reak, great shelf life. Give a nut to get it back.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
All of these companies mentioned have an OG Kush variant. I bet my neighbor who doesn’t even smoke has one-lol!
The stony point is, it’s a numbers game and always has been!
As for Barney’s, opinions are like assholes and I’ve grown a few with tangerine dream and the liberty haze being standouts

Riot seeds lad is an (S-1) not a OG variant but it crossed to itself after being properly reversed.....