Acapulco Gold

ahortator

Veteran
More pics which aren't mine too!

6O8BtyG.jpg

yDupqep.jpg

herbgreen

Veteran
The pics ahortator just posted in the tent are from the massmedical repro available as freebie @ greatlakes genetics

Might have to bite the bullet on the extra postage if you want them and grab massmed sativa w/the freebie pack

Not a bad deal when you end up with at least 2 packs of seeds and these were cultivated well as you can see in...

Anyway....heavnley sativa is the one that has them as freebs as of now

16 weeks

16 weeks

12/12 from seed, a couple days short of 16 weeks, 2 gallon pots. They're getting more trichomes but nothing to get excited about.

Attachments

• Gold1.jpg
    Gold1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Gold2.jpg
    Gold2.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Gold3.jpg
    Gold3.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 41

ahortator

Veteran
Where I can find this genetics in Europe?

Don't worry too much. You will get them eventually for sure!

Herbgreen is right. The pictures I posted of plants growing indoor are from the Wellgrown web. He sold that strain. Massmedical gives them as freebies. They are from Bodhi/Nierika, which is also the same strain sold by ACE.

There are other sources of different AG. Some even don't look sativa (or NLD at all) so those ones are completely false. Other seems more legit.

12/12 from seed, a couple days short of 16 weeks, 2 gallon pots. They're getting more trichomes but nothing to get excited about.

They look beautiful even if trichome production is not very great.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Don't worry too much. You will get them eventually for sure!

Herbgreen is right. The pictures I posted of plants growing indoor are from the Wellgrown web. He sold that strain. Massmedical gives them as freebies. They are from Bodhi/Nierika, which is also the same strain sold by ACE.

There are other sources of different AG. Some even don't look sativa (or NLD at all) so those ones are completely false. Other seems more legit.

They look beautiful even if trichome production is not very great.

Thanks to all, maybe next year I'll have some from an Instagram user (along with zipolite) to add to my mexican...(for sure not from Barney)
when the time is right I will find those seeds ...

pinkus

Veteran
Here are a couple of clones from the longer flowering phenotype Acapulco Gold. These were put under 6/18 the day they showed roots at 1 and 1.5 inches respectively about 7 or 8 weeks ago. They are just starting to show pistils as you can see. They are now under 10/14 in the flowering tent. I'm going to pollenate these with some HighlandMexicanxBlueberry pollen as soon as they have some flowers... probably 3 weeks from now or so.

picture.php

picture.php

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like the sound of that cross ^^ pinkus. Might inject some much needed potency into the AG side.

anurag

Acapulco Gold

Here are a couple of clones from the longer flowering phenotype Acapulco Gold. These were put under 6/18 the day they showed roots at 1 and 1.5 inches respectively about 7 or 8 weeks ago. They are just starting to show pistils as you can see. They are now under 10/14 in the flowering tent. I'm going to pollenate these with some HighlandMexicanxBlueberry pollen as soon as they have some flowers... probably 3 weeks from now or so.

View Image

View Image
I grew dozens of the AG out and got seeds from Panama Haze that an AG male pollinated. Grew out those and the result was very good in effects. Both the AG and Panama H. had huge buds, but the cross had skinny, wispy throwback buds, a lot of mango and melon smells with trippy effects. The weed from the cross was much better than the AG alone. I wouldn't say it was better than the Panama Haze though, but it gives a very enjoyable effect.

I hope to see your cross with the Highland Mexican/Blueberry and to hear what you get for effects.

Trichome opinion please

Trichome opinion please

Can someone that has grown out this strain take a look at these trichomes? It is 17 weeks from seed, but it was also grown 12/12 from the beginning. I was planning on waiting for up to 20 weeks but I'm already seeing amber and this is what happened the last time... the buds look developed but lack trichomes so I'm not really sure if I should cut and run or give it a little longer.
Opinions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• AG@17.jpg
    AG@17.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 32

I wood

Can someone that has grown out this strain take a look at these trichomes? It is 17 weeks from seed, but it was also grown 12/12 from the beginning. I was planning on waiting for up to 20 weeks but I'm already seeing amber and this is what happened the last time... the buds look developed but lack trichomes so I'm not really sure if I should cut and run or give it a little longer.
Opinions would be appreciated.

Never been big on scoping myself, is a leaf a good indicator of ripeness?
Doesn’t look done to me.
And this is coming from someone who almost always prefers the early picked buds for effects but harshness can be an issue.
Pick a branch and sample while the rest goes another week or two would be my suggestion.

Thanks for that advice. I think going 12/12 from the get go probably adds some time to the grow, I'm just not sure how much. I believe I read you need to add 3-4 weeks but I can't find anything now. Will do as you suggest, and they are small enough I can always bring them inside under the light's, that may help as it has been overcast/cloudy for days.

Never been big on scoping myself, is a leaf a good indicator of ripeness?
Doesn’t look done to me.
And this is coming from someone who almost always prefers the early picked buds for effects but harshness can be an issue.
Pick a branch and sample while the rest goes another week or two would be my suggestion.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Glad to see you didn't give up on this crazy jungle vine. Any better results than the previous grows? Mine both hermied on me last year and I ended up with tons of seeds. Still tastes like crap even with a many month cure and not much buzz. However, they were the craziest Sativa's I've grown so far.

troutman

Seed Whore

Nice. :)

BTW: What aroma do you get if you rub the stems?

Note: I've read that Acapulco Gold can go 18 weeks so don't give up yet. :dance013:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If searching for the real AG of old get the Highland Mexican x Blueberry from Chimera. Select for the trippiest of the Guerrero leaners and if possible flower outside at over 5000 feet elevation or at least under white high Kelvin lights.

The Bodhi AG is a waste of time imo. The Snow AG is good but not crazy good like the old line. Both are Guerrero Gold imo, good but not gonna make you feel as if you took acid or shrooms.

The best of the 5 Snow Panama Red that i grew delivered a high similar to the best of the HM x BB. Rolling, hazy, kind of other worldly feeling. Shroom effect for the first half hour.

satva who had the real AG back in 60's to early 70's, confirms on the HM x BB being the closest he has had to the old line. He said the Panama Red had a similar high to real AG. I have had the same experience as satva with the HM x BB and Panama Red I grew out. Makes me wonder if they are related or even the same genetics?

Hope centrifuge1 has the goods for us. His plant does look more like an OG than a old line hehe. Lots of hope and hype for this strain.

satva said the real AG was not available after early 70's. Of course there was plenty of 'AG' being sold after that time. Not much or any of the real AG though I am guessing.

'I'm going south to get that Acapulco Gold. Ain't nothin' it can't fix, old dogs can learn new tricks, where the streets are lined with bricks of Acapulco Gold.'

I just chopped them at 21 weeks a couple days ago. Finally had a decent amount of ambers and they were getting pretty heavy... add that to deteriorating weather and I decided the time was right, hope that's true. I don't notice anything while rubbing the stems but then again I'm an ex-smoker so my sniffer doesn't work so great anymore.
Nice. :)

BTW: What aroma do you get if you rub the stems?

Note: I've read that Acapulco Gold can go 18 weeks so don't give up yet. :dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts