What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SFV OG Kush

OG cuts are pretty old so it's not suprising if they get worked with something at some point and then bx to the original cut

No,

You can keep cuts going indefinitely without any problems if you take care of them and keep Bonsai mothers.

Everyone is making OG crosses because it’s one of the most popular Strains and it crosses well.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Off topic, buf fuck it.

I have been getting some smoke called motorbreath. It is sfv og x chem 91. It looks like og without the pungent smell.

Looks nothing like 91 in appearance but the high is some mellow happy bud. I love the shit.

Rant over.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I ended up taking any chem 91 stuff out of the line up. Doesn't touch Chem D in breeding or quality and makes most things more bland and not as pretty. One of those clones people make crosses out of like Ghost OG just to put something up to sell imo.

ps
Never had a OGK x Chemdog or any of the chemdog cuts that was any good at all either.

indagroove

Veteran
Off topic, buf fuck it.

I have been getting some smoke called motorbreath. It is sfv og x chem 91. It looks like og without the pungent smell.

Looks nothing like 91 in appearance but the high is some mellow happy bud. I love the shit.

Rant over.

Yeah I ended up taking any chem 91 stuff out of the line up. Doesn't touch Chem D in breeding or quality and makes most things more bland and not as pretty. One of those clones people make crosses out of like Ghost OG just to put something up to sell imo.

ps
Never had a OGK x Chemdog or any of the chemdog cuts that was any good at all either.

Female Seeds has a strain called ChemOG which is that same sfv og x chem 91 cross. They sent me a few free packs, and I have three of them just about to flip to flower now. Hopefully will be decent.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They won't be bad, they just wont be anywhere as close to good as on their own. Nothing about taking any of Chemdog cuts and crossing to OG results in improvements other than yield and slightly less lanky stems. Chemdog just trounces everything like Skunk #1 and Deep Chunk when ya cross it out. My SFV x Chemdog D shot out lots of nice looking phenos and lots of high THC, but flavor and smell were no where near as good as the two clones left alone and to me the best thing about these cuts and what makes them so special is their smell and taste.

I will say however Tahoe x Chemdog is phenomenal, but I also do not consider Tahoe a pure OGK. Pretty positive it is crossed out to something.

Booyah!

I only know my kushes. I can count the number of times I've come across Chemdog and it usually smells like mids (can't be the real deal). I've had a decent batch of Chem 4 and a decent batch of Stardog. That is it. I did have a batch of Chem OG that was really good. Im always amazed at how prevalent it is online, yet it's never anywhere to be seen. Looks and sounds decent but Ill stick to what I know. Kushes.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I haven't poked my head here in this thread for a long time but did want to mention that I'm running my Skank Zappa cross right now which is SFV x Dank Zappa. I'm excited to check these out as I liked the smell and taste of the SFV but the structure was dumb as shit noodle stems. Has anybody ran any SFV x Hashplant crosses and got anything nice?

Miraculous Meds

Off topic, buf fuck it.

Rant over.

Legit motor breath stinks strong, more chem like imo. I grow both sfv n mb, n both stink to high heaven and are top notch. I made some sfv x bb f4, and mb x bb f4. Testing out the mb cross as we speak, the offspring dominate in the strong chem aroma.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Legit motor breath stinks strong, more chem like imo. I grow both sfv n mb, n both stink to high heaven and are top notch. I made some sfv x bb f4, and mb x bb f4. Testing out the mb cross as we speak, the offspring dominate in the strong chem aroma.

I would kill to sort 1000 of those. There be gold in the seeds.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Motor Breath was nice in that it did not have that weird earthy green not good taste come out that seems to be prevalent in all chem og crosses. Wasn't in the smell either. Good pheno.

I just chopped a bunch of TK x 91 from CSI and felt the 91 as well as Chem D crossed to SFV OGK was better, but all still lacked in taste, especially in comparison to the cuts on their own.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Good SFV is my favorite probably. I like the Tahoe OG but haven't ran her in a decade. I've got a few I'm gonna try to get a nice mom of. I like my San Fernando Lemon kush mom, but I know searching I'll eventually find one I like. I love the San Fernando Lemon kush, but eventually gotta find a real SFV :tiphat:

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
They won't be bad, they just wont be anywhere as close to good as on their own. Nothing about taking any of Chemdog cuts and crossing to OG results in improvements other than yield and slightly less lanky stems. Chemdog just trounces everything like Skunk #1 and Deep Chunk when ya cross it out. My SFV x Chemdog D shot out lots of nice looking phenos and lots of high THC, but flavor and smell were no where near as good as the two clones left alone and to me the best thing about these cuts and what makes them so special is their smell and taste.

I will say however Tahoe x Chemdog is phenomenal, but I also do not consider Tahoe a pure OGK. Pretty positive it is crossed out to something.

All the chem 91 x OG beans I have made for myself are solid. I get what you are saying though. It takes some sorting to get a proper pheno though.

Here’s something to chew on.... I’ve done the cross both ways (each being a pollen donor) and the cross with the OG as a donor seems to give better phenos. Not sure what that means but it’s something I’ve been pondering since i did the initial crosses...

Fire OG is the one that impressed me the most at first.

Then I got to try True OG which I think is better and is supposedly the “real” OG Kush cut just renamed.

I believe that all of the original OG Kush cuts like Fire, SFV, True, Tahoe, and Ghost were all the same cutting and have just drifted slightly over time and from being in different locations and conditions.

Of course it’s also possible that some are S1s...

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have also been pondering the issue of "whos the daddy",,, technically it should not make a difference witch one is the doner,,, but it does!!,,, it's a serious mistery to me

Wendull C.

Veteran

The mb stinks, it just isn't a bad as og. A more muted skunk smell to me. Wasn't putting it down.

I love it.:biggrin:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In traditional plant breeding programs, you'll make what is called a reciprocal cross to isolate or identify a specific trait and it's inheritance patterns.

It's not done with cannabis because cannabis isn't true breeding.

PERSONALLY - I think it makes a difference, but I have no foundation on which to say that is true. But I've always thought about this in regard to The White. If you put male pollen to her, you get some okay plants, but if you use her as the pollen donor for feminized crosses - you get some straight fire.

Food for though I suppose.

dank.Frank

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I asked this question to friends doing real things and some people with knowledge and hands on large volume breeding I respect like Sam Skunkman, Shanti, Chimera, Nspecta.

Science is still out on it, but all of them agreed it made 0 difference in who the parent was when looking at decent numbers. It was the same outcome.

From my own experience I agree with them.

PS Nspecta has a lot of crosses like this up you can go see results for your self.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All the chem 91 x OG beans I have made for myself are solid. I get what you are saying though. It takes some sorting to get a proper pheno though.

Here’s something to chew on.... I’ve done the cross both ways (each being a pollen donor) and the cross with the OG as a donor seems to give better phenos. Not sure what that means but it’s something I’ve been pondering since i did the initial crosses...

I just chopped finished curing and selling a ton of tk x Chem 91 phenos. It is actually what made me shelve permanently all the CD x OG crosses. It too had same earthy or toned down smells compared to the lines/clones/s1's by themselves. My Chemdog D IBL/Bx2's/clone only cuts smash all the og crosses to CD in smell and taste.

It's not bad by any means and the yield was fuckin wow on a lot of plants, but everything else is just better I have for smell and taste. I would way rather grow and permanently keep around things like Cannaventures LVTK OGK, TK S1's, all of symbiotics gear (especially new drop), CSI mendo/bubblegum/forum lines, quite few exotic seeds lines, mota rebels lemon thai lines, and everything from Cannarado other than Margy bs. Those things have incredible smell as well as taste with jaw dropping quality. I just can never see dropping any pheno of the CD x OGK stuff in place of those and I have seen a shit load first hand.

madalasatori

Veteran
I only know my kushes. I can count the number of times I've come across Chemdog and it usually smells like mids (can't be the real deal). I've had a decent batch of Chem 4 and a decent batch of Stardog. That is it. I did have a batch of Chem OG that was really good. Im always amazed at how prevalent it is online, yet it's never anywhere to be seen. Looks and sounds decent but Ill stick to what I know. Kushes.

The dog is a bitch to grow - one problem in flower can turn fire to mids. As a result growing her stresses me out more than other strains :laughing:

Latest posts

Latest posts