What's new

Ventilation Heat

tromeros

Hello everyone.

I have a question that maybe some of you can help me out.

I have buy the iso max 3 speed fan 870 for intake and another one the same for the outtake, and i want to place each one inside a wooden box and put in the box soundproof stuffs because i have noise problems and verry indiscriminately neighbors.

The maximum space i can have in that box is not much,
for example when i put the fan inside the box the free space between the fan and the wood is 3cm up 3cm down 50cm left and 50cm right, i cant make it bigger

the problem is that if i put the soundproof stuf in the box it traps the noise inside but it traps the heat too..

and here is my question , will i have problem with heat in the fan? or not because there is air flow going through the fan as it works so it is ventilates by itself?

thank you..:tiphat:

r2k

Yes. Anything electronic or electrical will have more stress with more heat. Heat will reduce the life of the fan motor. You need ventilation in your fan box to cool it.

I do not know your setup (do you have pictures?) but is it possible to make a small hole in the fan duct to suck air (or blow air) into the fan boxes? You might not have to move very much air to cut the heat in the fan motor. A little bit of air flow will really get rid of the heat.

If possible, I would recommend making a small hole on fan intake only. If you make the hole so it is inside the box, that will give you more places to pull air and will not reduce fan output at all. You might have to make a little hole in the box to allow air to come into the box and pass the motor to cool it.

-r2k

tromeros

Yes. Anything electronic or electrical will have more stress with more heat. Heat will reduce the life of the fan motor. You need ventilation in your fan box to cool it.

I do not know your setup (do you have pictures?) but is it possible to make a small hole in the fan duct to suck air (or blow air) into the fan boxes? You might not have to move very much air to cut the heat in the fan motor. A little bit of air flow will really get rid of the heat.

If possible, I would recommend making a small hole on fan intake only. If you make the hole so it is inside the box, that will give you more places to pull air and will not reduce fan output at all. You might have to make a little hole in the box to allow air to come into the box and pass the motor to cool it.

-r2k

Yes its a good idea to open 2 litle holes in the fan box to cool it , but i dont know if that is good for the sound proof setup because with 2 extra open holes maybe the sound comes out of the box so all the setup is useless

but i though that maybe is a good idea to put in the box near of the fan a temperature controler thermostat and this mini airconditioner
11-20130403-133144.jpg
http://www.zampetas.gr/admin20/Files/Offers/11-20130403-133144.jpg

in this you just fill it with water and it cools the water and makes it cool air and in 8 hours of use you must fill it up again with water

i will put 2 of this and when the thermostat reach at temperature 30 celcius the mini airconditioners will start working.. what do you think?

this is a good idea to control growroom temperature too..

Jhhnn

Veteran
Hello everyone.

I have a question that maybe some of you can help me out.

I have buy the iso max 3 speed fan 870 for intake and another one the same for the outtake, and i want to place each one inside a wooden box and put in the box soundproof stuffs because i have noise problems and verry indiscriminately neighbors.

The maximum space i can have in that box is not much,
for example when i put the fan inside the box the free space between the fan and the wood is 3cm up 3cm down 50cm left and 50cm right, i cant make it bigger

the problem is that if i put the soundproof stuf in the box it traps the noise inside but it traps the heat too..

and here is my question , will i have problem with heat in the fan? or not because there is air flow going through the fan as it works so it is ventilates by itself?

thank you..:tiphat:

You will prevent some small % of heat escaping through the fan housing. OTOH, the fan motor is in the airstream so any difference in operating temperature will be very small.

r2k

Evaporative water cooling only works if you have a dry environment, like relative humidity is less than 40%. Do you have that?

I know that holes may cause more noise, but they may not. I know that heat will definitely cause problems. How much noise does that air cooler make? I don't think you need big holes, only enough to let some air in and move around the fan motor. Can you make one of the sides of your box with holes to try it and see? Maybe it will make less noise than you think.

Can you show pictures of what your fan box looks like? That will help.

-r2k

coldcanna

Veteran
I have found that a lot of the fan noise comes from vibration. My old room was in the basement and when it was mounted to the wall it caused a lot of vibration and could be heard upstairs. I hung it from bungee cords and that solved the problem completely. All that was separating the room from visitors is the carpeted floor, prob no different than an insulated apartment wall. It was an 8" can fan