What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mrs. For needs some good vibes.

fulltimehuman

Maybe experiment with eating and smoking see what has a better effect? One of my old room-mates had part of his temporal lobe removed from epilepsy and smoked daily and didn't have any major seizures just a few small nite-time attacks. He did experimental surgery thru Hoag hospital in Orange County California. I know its very challenging and I can't imagine dealing daily with those issues. Lots of Love

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Alcohol is a helluva drug. Seen the abuse up close too, so i know how it can be. Hope she pulls thru m8.

DJXX

Veteran
sup buddy...how is she doing....now the real battle for her begins...GOOD LUCK..DJXX

J

johndoe123

Hey everybody life is starting to get back to a little more on the normal side. We got Mrs. Doe Home from the hospital on Monday. After talking in depth with her and her doctor about it I do not believe that she needs inpatient care. There is a local mental health office in the area that has group counseling that I am going to get her into. I did some counseling about ten years ago and it is nice to just talk to some strangers about issues to keep them from building up.

She really doesn't want to do any AA classes even though I said I would go with her for support. Right now she is still on the wagon without a drink.... The detoxing was not to bad for her. I kept her pretty knocked out on Ativan during most of it. I have been keeping her busy in the yard and different activities trying to keep her mind off a drink... She says man I just want one.... All I can do is give her a hug and tell her to be strong for our son and me....

It would be nice to think at some point in the future we could go out to dinner or to a concert and be able to enjoy a few drinks together... It is just such a slippery slope...

DJXX

Veteran
gotta tell you she needs inpatient treatment and the meetings...she can not beat this without it...its do it now, or do it later cause she will be right back in the same boat before you know it..prayers to you and her...DJXX

lumberjack.mr

I have not had a seizure in over 6 months and yesterday had the same thing happen- out of the blue, and guess who was on the floor doing the fish dance... I feel for you all, especially her; I know first hand how scared and bewildered one is after a seizure... Much respect for your integrity.. Mike

lumberjack.mr

Man ; I'll keep you in my prayers, all of you. As you know I too am a victim of seizures. I usually have only a few seconds warning- just an indescribable electric charge type feeling and then ____________, until I regain consciousness. I can tell you it is very scary the first few times it happens. When I awaken I don't know what has happened or where I am, which is even more frustrating and alarming!
I am somewhat stable most of the time, but there is always the uneasy feeling when I know my system is toxic, or I am too dry from dialysis.... it could happen at any moment- anywhere. Sorry you are having to endure this brother.. Mike

The Revolution

Veteran
Man, thats rough brother! Sending mad positive vibes, and prayers for your wife, you, and your family! Stay positive!

lumberjack.mr

Jd , I am at a loss for words. please know that she is still in there with you.. just a little distracted.. best wishes man
mike

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
All the best for the Mrs.

To be frank, you cant have the mindset that someday you can have a few drinks. It doesn't work that way. There are verrry few instances when an alcoholic can just have the occasional drink. I wont say never but you have to think of it as never.

She'll be much better off on the herb than in the bottle.

Meetings aren't for everyone. Ive been to a few dozen and didn't care for the way they push the religious aspect - a higher power does not have to be some omnipotent diety.

Dump the booze in the house and get some CBD strains for her to try. Encourage any hobbies she might have.

I hope you all make it through this.

J

johndoe123

Thanks for the tips and kind gestures guys. She is doing well no more seizures and she has cut down her drinking from daily to maybe once a week.
Wildgrow you are right about keeping her busy with hobbies. She has gotten back into scrap booking and has started to volunteer at a local animal shelter to help time pass by. I have 2 high cbd strains bout 3 weeks from germination going right now. Harlesin from Sincity and Quin and Tonic from laplata labs. The harlesin is feminized so at least I know I will have a female for her coming up

DJXX

Veteran
Sup JD....hows the ole lady...that Harlequin has my interest....how you doin...good vibes your way..DJXX

Latest posts

Latest posts