What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chevy's CBD skunk haze blumatized 250W hps organic soil grow

Hi everyone,
Here's a quick update on the girls.
We are at day39 from seed and today I switched from 12/2 ( veg: 12 hours light/ 5 hours darkness/2 hours light/ 5 hours darkness) to 12/12 to initiate flowering.

the plants are looking good so far, what do you think ?

View Image

You can see some of the blumat drip lines through the foliage.
I find that the "alternative" lighting schedule of 12/2 works pretty good, the plants seem to like it.
Here's a sideways shot:

View Image

I addition to the waterproof lining at the bottom of the tent, it is lined with trays also. This way, should anything go wrong with the blumats, the water in the rez will only flood the trays, not the tent, and def. not the room.

I raised the avenger app. 10cm/ 4" and the lumatek was switched to "super lumens" (behold the super lumens!!! lol) in order to get the most out of my GIB 250W hps.
It's an extra of 10% plus aka 275W total
Nutes switched to alga bloom.
temps are at 25°C/ day and 15°C/ night. RH is at 45%.

Alright , take care everyone and next update coming soon !

cc

That's a wild veg time cycle. How'd u come up with that. 18/6 seems to do very well but I'd like to know ur reason

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey BigHitguy!
This thread was buried hahaha! The main reason was to use 6 hours less lights-on, so to save energy with getting similar results. Is it natural? certainly not! but it doesn't take 18 hours of light to keep plants vegging, so there you have it...
Some peeps I know do 12/1, but for me that didn't work and they flowered anyways... so an extra hour of light...
There's research that says after 6 hours of light, not much more happens in terms of growth and you could even start a new day and get more "days" in by giving 6 h of light, then 2 h of darkness, 6h light, 2 darkness and so on...
Today I don't care anymore as my whole 60cmX60cm tent is only using 91w.
Keep exploring, there's a lot of stuff that seems strange but works... Hell, at the beginning of cannabis' evolution some million years ago the CO2 in the ambient air was like 1500ppm I've read, so now people buy tanked CO2 to recreate this...

All the best
CC