What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing on 20 years now :)

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[youtubeif]rXLmt6i-hBY[/youtubeif]

Yep folks, 20 years ago Bear planted his first seeds. Bag seed that never finished. Same for many tries after that. :) But i had seeds in dirt and i was doing the damn thing. Trying and learning more and more each time i failed or had small successes. Eventually getting a crop every year.

Only came indoor in 2007, and found ICM then as well. Sure have loved being here and learning so very much with all my friends here :respect:
Anyone else want to share their growing mileage ?

SpayceRayce

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

:tiphat:

:ying:

(I put my first mj seed into dirt almost 35 yrs ago, grew a plant in my bedroom window, at my parents house)

WARNING - DO NOT put mj seeds in dirt and grow a plant in your bedroom window at your parents house. That is a shitty thing to do, as your parents may go to jail. Unless your parents are cops, then nothing will happen to them, because they're cops.

WelderDan

Veteran
That sounds familiar. Dropped my first bagseeds in '76. Between noobness and thieves it took about 4 years or so before I harvested my first immature buds. Took another couple years before I learned not to fry 'em with whatever fertilizer I could get my hands on. Successfully pulled off numerous balcony and back yard grows using bagseed after that. Had one stellar balcony plant that people thought was primo hydro in '89. Went indoors in '03 after much research and bought my first seed bank seeds.

Grass Lands

Veteran
Congrats Brother Bear...I cracked my first seed at 17...damn thats been 30+ years...hehehe

Oh yeah on the everlast vid, I read somewhere he was with a crew in NY actually doing the sign swap...even more respect for the man.

W

wilbur

greetings from across the Great Water, Brother Bear.

I have some mileage ... 35 years. mine's a similar story to yours ... fits and starts ... but came here and now I know what I 'm doing ...

cheers!

purple_man

Veteran
k+ bro!

15 years indoor and sometimes outdoor... DAMN, how fast time flies by.... seems like yesterday...

blessss

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Re: Growing on 20 years now :)

Wow I am still a baby...op caught my eye I have been growing indoors since 2007 as well but that is it...literally just harvested a very fine stellar product for the very first time last year ...my problem was that I had access to much of the best of the best at one time in the mmj scene and that's the gold standard to me really..in a way I got to experience something nobody else I know ever will but at the same time I know what good really is and frankly its nit easy to do ..

At this time I have finally gotten the good fortune of stellar genetics and a high level of mediocrity and am finally getting results similar to what MY standard of top shelf is ...I feel bad when a buddy of mine tells me that my shit which is shit is the best weed he's ever had in his life and he's blown away..if he only knew.

I think I have an album with some pics of my "stash" which was generously given to me as a welcome gift..it was about 2 lbs 20 strains....it was AMAZING at the time but good things sometimes don't last.

I have been very lucky in fact there must be a weed God or something that watches over me...

Now the plan is to grow as much fucking weed as I can as fast as I can as good as I can. I wouldn't say I have "hit my stride" by any means...but I am at the starting line and moments away from taking off and I for one cannot fucking wait!

Yeah, I'm at about 20 years, but not constantly, mostly outdoors.
My first grow was from bagseed and they were all hermies.
The next one I didn't know when to harvest so when they got buds and were covered in crystals I left them and left them and then all the crystalls disappeared and they were just basically leaf.:)
Started having success after that though.
My biggest grow was 120 plants outdoors.:dance013:

DarthFader1

Veteran
Damn.. Some heavy hitters in here:bow:

Into my 3rd year.. I was lucky to be taught the basics by an old school grower who guided me through my noob phase.

The future is looking bright indeed

picture.php

Congrats Brother bear keep up the good work everyone

Darth:)

Good thread brother! Started my first seeds back in 87 or 88! Messed around till 02 or 03 and now its my favorite fulltime hobby! Now its onward and upward! I may take breaks from smoking but growing will be with me forever!! We truly are a great community and we come in all shapes & sizes! We all have our own reasons to love our herb! It is truly 1LOVE from & for all!!

I

Iron_Lion

Congrats!! :groupwave: :respect: :rtfo: :party:

20 years is quite the accomplishment. I cant wait til I hit 10 years, this is my 6th year of non stop growing. 20 almost seems unimaginable. :tiphat:

baittis

Congratulations for the anniversary! :greenstars:

E: Oh, and I just love that song. Smoke a little grass, drink a little wine. Watch a little tube, try to kill a little time.. <3

supherbb

Damn.. Some heavy hitters in here:bow:

Into my 3rd year.. I was lucky to be taught the basics by an old school grower who guided me through my noob phase.

The future is looking bright indeed

Put my first seeds in the ground probably about 10 years ago, only been growing now for 4 years. But like Darth, I was lucky enough to learn from someone who knew their shit, made picking up on the really important things that much easier.

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
WOW I'm just a puppy in grow years :woohoo: Thanks Bro! That really brightened my day :rasta:

dddaver

Veteran
I'm just a hobbyist but I do think it's in your blood or some people are just prone to it.

I started popping seeds way back in the early seventies when I started smoking in high-school. Then I quit any growing efforts when my wife popped out a couple rug rats. Then I quit everything when I joined the Air Force so I wouldn't get tagged by their "Golden Flow" program. I retired in 2001 and the wife who would have nothing to do with "happy smoke" passed in 2006.

I've had many successful harvests since and don't think I could stop. Why? It's way, way fun, and rewarding too, both for health and psyche. I do think certain people are more prone to it than others and that doesn't go away. :tiphat:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tried a outdoor in 85 or so. Nothing came of it. I quit smoking in 90 or so and just started up 2 years ago when I got my Dr. recommendation. I have several harvests in and will have many more in my indoor tent set up.

If I were not legal, I guess I would not be doing it. Growing is more fun than smoking for me now. I am making my own seeds now too, and will try colloidal silver for s1's in the future.

Latest posts

Latest posts