What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY FIRST TIME CLONING AND HYDRO MY TIPS AND TRICKS LEARNED ALONG THE WAY FOR FNG'S

dnotrem

This is my first real grow other then bag seeds and how much I have learned and taught my self in the last 8 months. for a few months I have been strapped for cash and could not buy seeds. My buddy had cut his mother so many times there was nothing left but a few crappy cuts

As you can see there is not much left. And I had watched him cut and fail so many times cloning. I kinda seen what not to do so I took a different approach. I read up on the techniques used by a production cloner. Thats all he does cuts and sells clones. And used all the same methods as he did and mostly just a shot in the dark

I made about 7 cuts I had some spare crap rock wool sitting around used a PH of 5.5 you want your water to be acidic to produce roots. And no rooting gel. Also I dont agree with cutting the leaves logically I think it just wrong it's more open wounds for the plant to deal with and your cutting it up it just makes sense and I know the whole theory of why it's taught that way. So I didn't cut the fan leaves on some and all the ones I cut died witch right there told me something.another mistake I had seen was after you cut your 45 you wanna lightly scrape the skin on the cut. The trick is not too deep just brake the surface. I made 2 DWC buckets put the cuts in the net pods with water at 5.5 and some liquid clonex and 10-15 ml of hydrogen peroxide. And the rest of the cuts I put in spare pots with soil. Like I said in the title I had next to nothing. I used Pro Mix mixed with about a half bag of happy frog I had left over witch I stand by great soil and fox farm mixing the two I thunk is the best but the Pro Mix is really good also cheap and sold at home depot down the street. its not even real soil looks like soil but its synthetic or something its a soil medium and it works just as good as the other two I think

I let them sit and sprayed them about 5-6 times a day left the door closed all day so it would build heat in the closet. And had them on a 24 hour light cycle witch in my opinion SUCKS with two 250 CFL's. It took about two and a half weeks but they stayed green so I could see they were not A giant fail. About half way threw I started to think about 24 hour light cycle I didn't like it because the plants need there dark time to make roots and do other things they dont do in the light. So I switched to 18-6 and to my suprize holly shit they were starting to grow new foliage. And I think it rained for the first too weeks and was really cold to lessen the odds even more. But they still pulled threw in the bad weather it was really slow but I just let them sit and do there thing and this is what happen and let me tell you fuck growing from seed it's not as good. Clones explode as soon as they establish a root systemThe hydro set ups had problems at first due to user error and inexperience. Finally one day they started to show roots out of the bottom of the net pod and were touching the water. I gave it a few more days and started to introduce the nutes at a very small level. because well the nitrogen stops the promotion of new root growth but I new they were hungry and trust me I wanna feed them GOOD

With in three days the roots dubbled the length and were nice fish bone type of roots and real white just the way you want them. But the leaves were yellowing and dieing and the tips were curling. It was my first time growing in a hydro medium so I wasn't sure what was going on. I new it was some sort of nutrient OD and so it was after a little research. What had happen was my grow and bloom nutes got mixed together and was killing it I thaught for sure they were goners. I fixed the nute problem asap gave them a few days to bounce back and they pulled threw. A few days later I notised the cuts in the soil look a little different like they were growing I didn't pay them a lot of attention because really I didn't think they were going to root and holy shit little did I know... they did!!. I gave them some care and water and nutes with some clone x they started to grow also

the nute problem was fixed and to my suprize they started to grow prety fast and look a lot more healthy

Photo Oct 05, 1 40 51 PM.jpg

One of the cuts in soil just took off!!! like abnormal alien growth I was pumped. And the DWC set up started to do what it does best grow the fuck out of the plant!!!!!

every day the plants were growing dramatically the plant in the soil really took off fast.... exploded!! but it also was not stunted from the hydro set up not being fine tuned. So by now I had changed the PH hydro too 5.8 with half the strength nutrients 2.5 ml half tabel spoon. In my experience I have learned never listen to what the bottel tells you for nutes always give it less. Soil's PH feeding at 6.5. Same with the nutes half dose. I didn't want to over load them another trick I have learned over time so now all my watering and nutrient solution's are the same 2.5 ml feedings and 10-15 ml hydrogen peroxide I know there are some nay sayers on the peroxide. But I use it on transplants and waterings and it works really good keeps things clean and gives the roots some extra oxygen. Transplants it works FUCKEN GREAT!! the plant does not even skip a beat no more sad looking plant when you transplant just a smooth transition into its new home

Photo Oct 10, 3 51 00 PM.jpg
Photo Oct 10, 3 50 42 PM.jpg
Photo Oct 10, 3 50 53 PM.jpg
Photo Oct 10, 3 51 17 PM.jpg
Photo Oct 10, 3 50 34 PM.jpg
Photo Oct 10, 3 51 26 PM.jpg

Its about two and a half weeks into it now and the plants are strong and and changing every day. This is why cloning is defiantly a better resort to growing from seed. Plus no sexing and you use the genetics from the strongest plant so what you get is just a bunch of copies of your strongest fastest growing plant. And they grow very fast people I am blown away at the rate and there already mature. people just have a lot of truble cloning due to over thinking and over complicating also I watched my buddy STRUGGLE with it I mean at least 30-40 failed cuts and 24 hour light cycle is not the way to go you have to give them a dark period thats when they started to come to life once I had changed that so I took what he was doing and didn't do anything!!! the way he had read how too I could see it was not a great method and he did it by the book dome heat pad the whole 9. Did some reading found this grower he's a production cloner so thats all he perfects he has a video and pretty much points out Jorge Cervantes's mistakes not to say the bible is wrong but just that it's an old method hes cut 100-1000 of clones and figured out it may work on a few but its not an efficiente method and gets a lot of shit for it but...I think he's right. Mostly you just have to wait I think 50% success for my first time is pretty good with none of the equipment they tell you to use. Like I said pretty much next to nothing not even rooting gel. For money reasons I went with DWC it's dirt cheep and super easy to build and I wanted to try both grow methods DWC is by far the best in my opinion a bucket air stone net pod and an air pump 20$ for the set up. but i've found hydro is very sensitive in my opinion if you use the right soil its close to as fast as hydro. As for yeald im not sure. They say 3 times everything faster and more but if you get the soil right it grows really quick and the plant just looks stronger and thicker. Hydro looks skinny and weaker due to the fast growing and stretch. Useing the two different grow technique at the same time really gives you a good perspective of witch one is better for you they both have there advantages and dis advantages. Doing two different types of grows is way more work also, to tend to there differences in needs and research. But I think it was beneficial to see how the plant grows in the different styles of growing at the same time but things are really going good now and the plant look great

Now that brings us to date the plants are matured and have been topped. I chose my mother I went the one in soil. Just for slower growth and stability reasons I feel a soil mother is more solid. There all strong and very healthy and a dark green. I have them under a 150 HPS sun system and some CFL's hanging around them to get the sides of the plant I feel I did really well on this grow it has taken me a lot of research, reading and experimenting to get to this level of growing you could say I have a green thumb now. But its more of loving to do it is what makes you good I never new how complect's plants were till now. And how cleverly brilliant people are with inventing methods to manipulate plants. You can make them near perfect you are God. As long as conditions and feeding are perfect you can get the maximum from the plant. But I also spend a large majority of my time and money into them and learning about them. It sickens me how marijuana is so stereo typed and has to be a hidden thing such a taboo. There is no other plant in the world like it they are truly the most beautiful plants, and it is a harmless drug just people are so brain washed into the lies no one has ever dies from it and prob never will and all the money spent on keeping it that way it's a waist. Look at alcohol and all the life's it has ruined and people it has killed but thats perfectly fine it makes me ill. What it really comes down to is money always does. But here is my most recent pictures. All the things that I have said are just from what I have learned and figured out and I felt like sharing it Im not the worlds best grower or trying to say that this is just me showing off how my plant has tured out from something I never thought was going to work into the monsters that have grown so far hope you enjoy my hard work and learn something from it I have and have seen the benefits between hydro and soil and cloning oppose to growing from seed. It really is more beneficial to clone. thanks guys and keep growing

dnotrem

Attachments

• Photo Oct 14, 11 37 18 PM.jpg
    Photo Oct 14, 11 37 18 PM.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Photo Oct 16, 7 29 37 PM.jpg
    Photo Oct 16, 7 29 37 PM.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Photo Oct 16, 7 29 27 PM.jpg
    Photo Oct 16, 7 29 27 PM.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Photo Oct 14, 11 36 41 PM.jpg
    Photo Oct 14, 11 36 41 PM.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 8
  • Photo Oct 13, 3 56 15 PM.jpg
    Photo Oct 13, 3 56 15 PM.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Photo Oct 13, 3 56 07 PM.jpg
    Photo Oct 13, 3 56 07 PM.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Photo Oct 10, 3 51 36 PM.jpg
    Photo Oct 10, 3 51 36 PM.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Photo Sep 29, 2 38 22 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 29, 2 38 22 PM.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 7

dnotrem

really no one can see my plants :-( they do look healthy tho right:) i'm such a proud parent of three. so no one can see any images

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Some images show but the vast majority do not. Clicking on a visible pic opens a larger image, clicking on a "missing picture" icon opens a blank page.

Code looks identical other than the necessary changes in pic numbers. Color me stumped.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
I may have mis counted but post #1 has 21 pic links: 2 actual pics, 19 "missing link" icons.

All are addressed to album 33031 (FIRST TIME CLONE) Problem is, album 33031 has only three pics. (first two show in post one, third in post two)

19 links go to pics that do not seem to exist in your album.

Checking the benefits page, you seem to be within the limits: less than 100 pics, less than 5MB storage...

Color me double stumped. I'd say this is a job for John Bourne in Website Support

Last edited:

dnotrem

oh yes I moved the pictures to different folders to organize them after witch changed the link directory when it was already pasted in with the old path so its calling for a image that is not there anymore its in a new directory Ill change that now let me read the html code I can prob just past in the new url. now can you see some images or none

FreezerBoy

Veteran

:comfort: Man that sucks. Fortunately, you don't have that many pics or posts to cleanup. I contemplated moving my old gallery pics into organized albums till I realized that all the links would be broken. :badday:

Sorry your attempt to contribute bit you in the bum.

Latest posts

Latest posts