What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Irrational Fears

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Okay, I've been thinking about this for awhile now.

Most people have fears of certain things.

But, how many of these fears are really rationally based?

Here is one of my irrational fears...I am totally scared at the prospect of a snake being in my toilet when I use it...sometimes when I use the toilet, I'll look in there just to make sure there is no snake ready to bite the crap out of my junk.

Anyone else have any irrational fears?

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
irrational fears come from:

-to much time on your hands thinking
-you know it would really suck if it was truly true

sorry, can't add one, I don't have an irrational fears.

C

CascadeFarmer

Fear what? The worst thing that can happen in life is you will die. That's inevitable anyway. Considering that will only happen once, let's not get into the near death experience thing, then everything else is a piece of cake.

Strapped

When I was a kid I used to be afraid that man-eating bass would come out of the drain in the swimming pool and get me.

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
I have an irrational fear of not making enough money, and I find this fear becomes exaggerated the more money I make...

H

h^2 O

My biggest fear is spiders. Snakes and insects don't bother me but spiders freak me out.

Midnight

Veteran
Okay, I've been thinking about this for awhile now.

Most people have fears of certain things.

But, how many of these fears are really rationally based?

Here is one of my irrational fears...I am totally scared at the prospect of a snake being in my toilet when I use it...sometimes when I use the toilet, I'll look in there just to make sure there is no snake ready to bite the crap out of my junk.

Anyone else have any irrational fears?

This will be right up your alley then.

[YOUTUBEIF]STLk1O8yTVU[/YOUTUBEIF]

K

KSP

Used to worry about brown recluses and black widows biting my privates while using the outhouse (as a kid).

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I don't have irrational fears anymore but when I was young there were two I had that was the result of two shows. The first one came from an episode of "The Outer Limits" (I think)I don't remember the storyline or title of the episode but in one part it showed a woman washing her hair under a shower spigot and suddenly her hair caught on fire. For months after that I was terrified of getting in the shower and would only take baths.

The second one came from an episode of Rod Serlings "Night Gallery" the episode was called "The Doll" and it was about a doll that was bewitched to be used as a tool of revenge. The doll had real teeth and could use them to deliver a poisonous bite and the doll could also not be destroyed until it completed it's mission of killing the person it was sent to kill. At the time I was interested in vantrilaquism and had a Charlie McCarthy doll. I could not go to sleep until I knew where that doll was and made sure he was secured away in my bedroom closet that I then moved a chair in front of the door to block, just in case.

R

Rysam

Nothing bothers me as much as swimming in water I cant see the bottom in. It completely cripples me. My wife and kids are fish, nothing stops them. I sit on the shore and smoke and drink beer.
I will do a quick dive in the shallows and then GTFO as quick as possible.

I'm solid sitting in a boat,kayak, hell even a tube is ok if my feet arent dangling. I love to fish and I have aquariums. I'm good on the ocean too if I'm floating on something with a pole in my hand.
I'm like Jesus walking on water if I go in.

Totally irrational and I know it, but that doesnt make it any easier.

S

Stoner Gardener

Irrational Fears

:yeahthats: After seeing the original Jaws movie in the theatre several times at a young age during which I was taking swimming lessons, I subsequently spent half my Hawaiian & Mexican vacations treading water feeling an absolute conviction I'd soon be ripped to pieces by a uber malicious shark.

I also fear finks. :hide:

U4ic

Whenever i see those giant sunflowers it kinda freaks me out...lol My wife laughs at me and it goes so far I won't let her have on in the garden either...

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i dont have any irrational fears but chalk on a chalk board is like my kryptonite or something, it cripples me,, and sometimes driving over water gives me the sensation of someone walking on my grave,, wierd lol

H

h^2 O

I think the spare room is inhabited by a demon or ghosts...I'm afraid to even talk about it

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
spiders...

for my whole life ive said...
"i fear no man,very few women and all spiders"

they send me into blind violent panic in some situations...

Latest posts

Latest posts