Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > LED summer test grow..

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
LED summer test grow.. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2017, 05:11 PM #71
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute
I tend to agree with you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachrockbadenof View Post
following this thread for a while... I bought '3' vipar 300w early in the spring for my 4x3.5ft tent- was growing 4plants... went with led's as trying to lower temp as weather was getting warmer... the plants grew just 'ok' not overly impressed.. at the end of this unimpressive grow, I gave the '3' fixtures to a friend who uses em for vegging in a closet...I mite try another grow with some other cheap led's... I think for veg they r ok, but don't think the penetration is good for flowering..

I like the concept of led's n lower temp's
I still have my old ballasts, fixtures and lights if I don't get a good yield.

Edit: The Buds are looking pretty good, just kinda small

420somewhere is offline Quote

Old 11-09-2017, 09:34 PM #72
FakeSunGrower

FakeSunGrower will become famous soon enough
Hey 420 , your buds look good , blurple LED's don't have the penetration of stronger COB LED 's like I mentioned before , I made the transition from a 600w hid for flower to +400w of COB LED's and they are up to par when it comes to yield , compared to the 600 watter .

I think it's the multiple points of light and the heat spread on smaller light points (Instead of a huge bulb in the middle) that makes my leds efficient covering every bit of my space , all my colas glisten, even the lower buds grow evenly , hopefully you can also go this route .

The initial investment to me is worth it , and comparable to hid's and withe less power drawn , either way good luck !!! FSG.
FakeSunGrower is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:43 PM #73
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Fakesungrower,

Thanks for the input, I will look into the COB LED stuff.

Thanks again

Prop 215 Compliant

Old 11-09-2017, 10:02 PM #74
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

Hey FakeSunGrower - Question: What is a good brand of COB LED (fully assembled) to look at?

I'm not looking for cheap, I'm looking for very good.

Thanks!

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Prop 215 Compliant

Old 11-09-2017, 10:48 PM #75
FakeSunGrower

FakeSunGrower will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420somewhere View Post
Hey FakeSunGrower - Question: What is a good brand of COB LED (fully assembled) to look at?

I'm not looking for cheap, I'm looking for very good.

Thanks!

Any ideas will be appreciated.
Hey 420 , I'm glad you are looking into cobs led's , I can suggest timber grow lights , THEY HAVE TO BE ASSEMBLED , but it's fail proof with color coded wiring , they have different kits but I suggest the 200w citizen CLU48 , you can buy them separately but this kits has everything you need and matched , just take your time , if you can grow , you can assemble this light.

BTW I HAVE NO ASSOCIATION with the sellers , I just think that their price is fair , there's other Sellers like cobkits(.)com with great prices , whatever you decide I will definitely lend a hand , FSG.
FakeSunGrower is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:03 PM #76
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

Cool Morning Pictures

The Buds are looking good - couple more weeks

Flowering under the Vipraspectra 600 and 90w RED LED

Then we'll check the yields

Prop 215 Compliant

Old 11-17-2017, 11:56 PM #77
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

Anotherr Bud pic

Prop 215 Compliant