What's new

LP clone discussion.

clearheaded

has anyone tried any LP clones? typical price is 75$ plus tax and ship which seems crazy unless very nice plant. and i think for the most part they just got clones off other LP who got from MMAR folks. doesnt seem like many do alot of R D before selling varieties?

Maybe for a cbd VAR it could be worth to know ur getting a 1:1 plant but just dont see people buying them. but i am interested to know if anyone has and what results were.

rmkking

I know canna farms sells clones. But they aren't even of strains they sell bud from. Just a couple average thc strains

Stickybred420

i think the idea that you would spend 75 dollars on a clone is med patient robbery. you can buy seeds for less than that and find something way better. not to say maybe some people dont use the service/find it useful, but i will never ever pay the gov't money for genetic material. they dont select for any traits but yeild. plus they dont do any REAL MEANINGFULL medical research at all. its either uplifting and good for daytime use. or has a narcotic effect and suitable for night time use. thats not good enough. i feel they are a group of people who have no idea what they are actually doing but still try to tell you what you want/have to do. besides you can buy almost any strain the lp's carry in seed form. (with exception of a few unconfirmed "clone onlys") and find an even better plant then the one they have. sorry i dint wanna come off as a prick or trying to say NO YOURE WRONG. just 2 cents. i feel that they really do not care at all. they want your money your health isnt even in question. besides im pretty sure they get their new genetics from people the cops raid and shut down. ie. 420kingston got shut down(ontario seed vendor) and a few days later suddently tweed was selling the exact same genetics they had just days before. theres no government breeding or medical research firms so how could they know anything about that strain, also where do they get their starting materials? they buy em and import em the same way you and i do. but because they paid their million dollar protection to the govt its legal. ugh sorry for going off like that guys. i veered away from the convo a bit. thets re center.

i guess what im trying to say is i do not think it is worth it!! :)

shoulda just done that in the beginning hahah cheers guys.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Some are paying for phytosanitary from legal seed producing countries, go through the red tape etc.

With the mycobutinal thing, who is to say their clones are clean, are they offering testing on the cuttings to prove they are 100% clean? If they are not then they are not giving fair and reasonable access to medical patients. If they are selling you seeds, where did they get them, how were they produced? If they are allowed to buy them from overseas why can a regular acmpr person not do the same? Again not fair and reasonable access, why should you have to chose only from the ones they chose to buy? Also if someone in Canada is producing the seeds why could they not be a starting material? If they are legally producing a crop for themselves then they should be allowed to provide people for starting materials too, what is the difference?

Some of the LP's say they are doing breeding but I think we all can come to the conclusion that their breeding is merely hobby breeding, not proper selection process at all just playing in the sandbox.

Gmack

Spend $75 on one clone and you're fucknig retarded. Grow from seeed if you don't have access to clones at a reasonable price.

clearheaded

lol glad we are all on the same page but would be interesting to actually see what u get.

i asked about chems and cuts. al lthey say is everything is HC approved lol. well heard that before and all of a sudden recalls. meanwhile all product smelled of plastic. clearly its chemical laden.

if they did any breeding or selection I am sure they would let us know they did a 500 plant sift. buut they didnt.

think 1 company does actually do breeding think was in kelowna and they make seeds aswell as sell clones to LP I do beleive. prob chimera.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aye this reminds me of a subreddit I found, deep in the depths of social media, squirreled away under rocks no man should look under.

For underneath lay a faction of nerds turning each other on to good buys from different LP's, discussing the merits of each. One had tried extracting with the flower.

I couldn't even muster up the effort to troll the shit out of them. It'd be like fighting children with a bat.

Last edited:

clearheaded

well weedMD seems alot more reasonable. if order min of 5, 24 bucks and cheaper if order more.

Our Clone pricing is as follows:

$100.00 for the 1st 3 Clones. (Any strain or combination of strains)
$10.00 for each following Clone. (Any strain)
Minimum of 5 Clones per order.

Cannatonic Blackberry
THC: 6%-8%
CBD: 9%-10%

White Shark
THC: 15%-21%
CBD: 0.02%-1.30%

Bubba Erkle Cookies
THC: 9%-13%
CBD: 6%-7%

Lemon Kush
THC: 16%-20%
CBD: 0.03%-0.14%

Ultra
THC: 17%-22%
CBD: 0.03%-0.56%

fairly reasonable to get a known high cbd cut.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
while i see the pleasure and merit of growing out a pack of seeds, i see nothing wrong with spending money to also save myself the time and trouble of finding a worthwhile keeper. in theory if takes at least 3 flowering cycles to determine a keeper out of a pack of seeds. if you happen to do a heavy veg, it could take almost a year to find something worth filling your room with. if a decent pack of seeds is $100 and a single clone is $100, am i not essentially spending the same amount of money to get a plant worth growing? would you be losing anything other than the opportunity to breed out the plant? personally, as long as the source is trustworthy i think clones make more sense for a number of reasons.

clearheaded

dont think anyone is debating value of getting clones. more so LP really never did any sifting and got most clones from MMAR folks. and any sift would be done for yeild or thc never selected for terpenes or as last item to select for. aswell as most seed breeders dont put in as much selection as say a herb breeder which if charge 1 dollar a seed its VERY expensive. figmant of prohibition. anyway obvious if 1 company is selling for 10$ a cut they still are making enough money! anyway bit off topic.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
for the record it would be highly unlikely that i would be interested in a clone from an lp. from my perspective they are essentially newbie growers and i would definitely anticipate being disappointed from the results. i can only imagine where they sourced their original stock from. generally speaking i would only be interested in clones from a party who was equal to or greater than my skills as a grower. taking material from someone less experienced than yourself is just asking for trouble.

Jonny Lan

for the record it would be highly unlikely that i would be interested in a clone from an lp. from my perspective they are essentially newbie growers and i would definitely anticipate being disappointed from the results. i can only imagine where they sourced their original stock from. generally speaking i would only be interested in clones from a party who was equal to or greater than my skills as a grower. taking material from someone less experienced than yourself is just asking for trouble.
agreed, but sometimes people get lucky! I remember the second pack of seeds I ever bought, was just one pack but the pheno of white fire I got was probably the best smoke I've ever had in my life to date. I had minimal experience. I'm high and interested in this thread so just playing devils advocate ;)

Stickybred420

if i ever get a chance to sell a clone to an lp its gonna be $648 per growth tip for the first 600 clones. then .99 cents each after. limit 599 per.

troutman

Seed Whore
Aye this reminds me of a subreddit I found, deep in the depths of social media, squirreled away under rocks no man should look under.

For underneath lay a faction of nerds turning each other on to good buys from different LP's, discussing the merits of each. One had tried extracting with the flower.

I couldn't even muster up the effort to troll the shit out of them. It'd be like fighting children with a bat.

Sounds like a bunch of Terp Tards.

outdoordreams

To answer the original posters question...... I have never purchased clones from an LP.
But I would.
75 for a clone is a great price. Clone it and grow as much as you want. Saves the work of going through seeds. ( which can be fun, but can be a lot harder to find what you are looking for)
The clone lists currently available from LP is a fraction of what will be available in time.

So many interesting opinions in this thread.
LP do have good genetic material.
Not all LP are the same.
Many LP have access to countless elite genetics from around the world.

Latest posts

Latest posts