What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is marijuana criminalization largely a criminal conspiracy? Class action?

St. Phatty

Cant help it this rant has been on my mind for a while. Hope folks smarter than myself will come share their thoughts and data.

Government is supposed to be FOR US BY US.

How many humans have spent how many years incarcerated behind RAMPANTLY DISHONEST marijuana policy?

I feel we will never have justice let alone a goddamn apology.

Yes, it is a criminal conspiracy.

But proving that would involve an enormous legal data-set, mostly of conversations and correspondences, from the days of Harry Anslinger (mid to late 30's) to now, about 80 years later.

It would be one of the most blacked out and redacted data dumps in human history. Complicated by the fact that many of the conspirators are dead.

Today's Control Fraud/ white collar/ green collar criminals are smart enough to speak in code.

* Reform - economic reform, health care reform, etc.

e.g. prison reform ... phone calls to inmates go from $1 to $5.

One other thing that would slow down the investigation is that many of the conspirators are good friends with the judge's, and the judge's friends. That always comes in real handy in a "gray area" legal situation where "needing to look into something further" - which sounds reasonable - can be used to add 2 weeks to the schedule, and considerable $ to the legal tab ... over and over and over again.

gh0stm0de

We should be furiously angry about this. I dont want my children to grow up feeling deceived and manipulated by their government.

If people actually did something and got organized maybe we could expedite and streamline the changes we are seeing

Dont tread on me

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
1. Making "drugs" the boogie man has worked great since the Sixties, why would they quit now?

2. Cannabis laws in the US are based on racism. Most here have read The Emperor Wears No Clothes: Hemp and the Marijuana Conspiracy. If not, educate yourself.

3. Beer and liquor Companies are hand in hand with Big Pharma in lobbying against cannabis- they want you to buy your party materials from THEM.

4. Companies like DuPont were in on demonizing cannabis, because cannabis can do many of the things plastic and petroleum do, and do them better and more ecologically.

5. They don't care about us, as it seems the OP has figured out. They just don't care. Imagine yourself giving your best pro-cannabis arguments to Jeff Sessions. Now imagine the giant SMIRK on his face- what's it saying? 'FUCK YOU, DON'T CARE.'

Andyo

Veteran
dumb arse public

dumb arse public

Cant help it this rant has been on my mind for a while. Hope folks smarter than myself will come share their thoughts and data.

Could persecuted smokers file a class action against federal gov?

So what do you all think, and how do you feel about it.

Nearly my whole life I have felt persecuted behind chiefin ganja.

When I put some organic flowers in a bag to share with friends, ive been treated inhumanely by law enforcement and locked in a cage deprived of my freedom.

I have even been lied to and stolen from by law enforcement. SAFE taskforce in Illinois falsely represented themselves as fbi to me. They stole thousands of dollars. Now they face the consequences with a class action suit years later.

Ive been violated other ways too. Pigs came in without a warrant because i was drunkenly belligerent with them. They tore apart my house, breaking into my locked garage and breaking open my safe. They used what they found to get a pretextual warrant and did not respect my medical paperwork.

Goddamn crooks they are supposed to uphold the law but they dont even follow it.

Had pigs in texas steal a street pistol off me too then impound my car and sell it back to me. Crooks. No im glad i didnt see TDC behind that but theyre still dirty crooks.

MARIJUANA DOESNT DESTROY LIVES, BUT DISHONEST LEGISLATURE THAT DOES NOT REPRESENT THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE DOES !!

How the fuck does this make sense? They must surely have all the appropriate data. If they lacked the data they should not have criminalized especially so harshly! And if they did have the data and chose to lie and criminalize anyways then that is fraud the likes of which would have Locke and Thoreau rolling in their graves.

So much money has been spent lobbying for criminalization. How much?

By whom?

Do they have vested business interest in the matter?

Did politicians take this money and make contracts to vote and push legislature based on this financial transaction?

Were the American people lied to through a campaign of misinformation by the government that they elected?

Government is supposed to be FOR US BY US.

How many humans have spent how many years incarcerated behind RAMPANTLY DISHONEST marijuana policy?

I feel we will never have justice let alone a goddamn apology.

People, lol what else would a person that plans to get into a position of power do.
what do you think school was.
what do you think the church is .
what do you think the army is .
Its indoctrination .
brain washing .
I saw this aged 11 on the first day at grammar school in assembly the headmasters speech.A

Thems that's in charge is owned by thems that gots the moneys, pulling the strings. Ain't gonna change unless we make, but how? They don't care and they don't listen(to us). Gotta cut off the money from the puppet masters if you want "your" government to serve you.

gh0stm0de

People, lol what else would a person that plans to get into a position of power do.
what do you think school was.
what do you think the church is .
what do you think the army is .
Its indoctrination .
brain washing .
I saw this aged 11 on the first day at grammar school in assembly the headmasters speech.A

So is your point that youre a genius and the rest of your fellow man are imbeciles unworthy of support, insight, or guidance?

Idk bout you but my grandfather taught me the strong in society need to look out for the weak

gh0stm0de

Thems that's in charge is owned by thems that gots the moneys, pulling the strings. Ain't gonna change unless we make, but how? They don't care and they don't listen(to us). Gotta cut off the money from the puppet masters if you want "your" government to serve you.

I believe we need to organize and mobilize !!

Marijuana had bridged so many cultural and socioeconomic gaps in society and had brought me together cooperatively to create symbiotic relationships with people of all walks of life and i love it! Marijuana brings people together and unjust prohibition and propaganda keep us seperated

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I saw a movie a long time ago. Think it was with Weird Al. They had a lie detector jacket, that an alarm went off, and it flashed the word "LIAR" in lights, whenever the wearer lied. All of our politicians should be required to wear them at all times.

I believe we need to organize and mobilize !!

Marijuana had bridged so many cultural and socioeconomic gaps in society and had brought me together cooperatively to create symbiotic relationships with people of all walks of life and i love it! Marijuana brings people together and unjust prohibition and propaganda keep us seperated

Agreed as to all. But how? How can we be effective at forcing positive change to benefit us all. Certainly others have tried and failed, this is not to say we shouldn't try, but to say where and why have they failed, what can we learn from their efforts, and how can we succeed where they did not?

Andyo

Veteran
yeah pretty much you are

yeah pretty much you are

So is your point that youre a genius and the rest of your fellow man are imbeciles unworthy of support, insight, or guidance?

Idk bout you but my grandfather taught me the strong in society need to look out for the weak

I live on a tropical island ,dont own a pair of shoes
Ive grown weed for 44 years 32 of it in your system stealthly stealing government electric
I left when when all the herd started catching on and growing weed
I liked being an individual and defiant.A

gh0stm0de

This thread is for constructive collaboration. I am very much an individual and very much defiant whe i feel its appropriate yet i feel we likely have precious little in common.

If you dont care about your fellow man see your ass out and dont let the door hit you on your glorious way because this thread aint for you Andyo.

Askin lotta solid questions Bandit! That's what we need to figure out together if we want our dream to be reality.
I am a proponent of propgation of information, and civil disobedience while promoting what we perceive to be civil improvements.

For starters loc makes a solid point too. Our politicians routinely lie and mislead us on the highest level! And what do we do about it? Not a damn thing. We need reform for poloticians. Lying politicia s need to see what the people they persecuted saw_
-WITHOUT protective custody.

TheMan13

Veteran
Since the Controlled Substance Act of 1970 marijuana has been maintained as a Schedule I Substance (criminal felony) merely at the discretion of the US Attorney General. As we know well the smell of marijuana used as felony probable cause in concert with the drug war has built a criminal justice industry and changed the rule of law in ways historically unimaginable by our founding fathers. Not even that refer madness Congress of 1970 that wrote the law could have ever imagined what an unstoppable cash cow the drug war and our criminal justice system would become or they never would have allowed it to rely upon the USAGs discretion given the obvious billion dollar conflict of interest we know today.

[YOUTUBEIF]LP8f-tvDsQQ[/YOUTUBEIF]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP8f-tvDsQQ

Sadly the USAG like most gov't officials are literally above the law as it relates to any type of legal redress such as a class action or the RICO statutes I would prefer per a doctrine known as qualified immunity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualified_immunity

This drug war is the greatest civil rights question of our generation and like slavery it is unlikely to be settled in any court of law, but rather may require us to literally fight back ...

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I live on a tropical island ,dont own a pair of shoes
Ive grown weed for 44 years 32 of it in your system stealthly stealing government electric
I left when when all the herd started catching on and growing weed
I liked being an individual and defiant.A

I call bullshit. And even if it's not bullshit, why you being an arrogant ass?:laughing:

gh0stm0de

Dont feed the trolls bro
:laughing:
Although i also am highly skeptical i know people who left to costa rica in search of a better life. One got popped growing indoor for tourist

Floridian

Veteran
For a class action suit to take place there has to be a defendant whehter a person or company that has caused harm to multiple plaintiffs,Harry Anslinger is a gonner lol.Class action suits are civil and even if they weren't you cant sue the US gov't.And especially if the law is on the books!Who wouldn't love to sue the pharmecuitical companies and all the other entities obviously responsible for erb demonization but class action is pretty precise in what qualifies and breaking federal law just doesn't qualify

Just like cops, politicians should have to where body cams/microphones. They have proven we can't and shouldn't trust them. Obviously there are times and places where secrecy and discretion are a must, but the rest of the time, we should all be able to hear and monitor what they are saying and doing. Would become much tougher to deceive all of the people they are supposedly serving by simply telling lies.

gh0stm0de

So if they knowingly propagated false information and profited off criminalization how are there not millions of harmed parties? Harry anslinger is not the only involved party what about the actions of other politicians?

Check out THIS class action

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=343137

I am a simple and ignorant man but ive also been doing things people told me i couldnt do all my life

I dont want to sue i just want to contribute to change not live in the shadows

gh0stm0de

So i listen to the crickets and reflect; maybe this is the wrong forum for activism.

After all, many people potentially could stand to lose their lucrative profits if there was legitimate federal legalization.

In california, many were not pleased with AB 243 and 266, and SB 643 or prop 64 specifically because of endangered revenue.. This is backwards to me.

So what i take from this is that profit > human rights for some in a capitalist society.. Perhaps we are conditioned to be greedy and self serving. Capitalism is in the way of human progress..

Latest posts

Latest posts