What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Day 25 when to flip 12/12

I have clones and seedlings. The seedlings are 25 days old and the clones are maybe 40 at most. I have other seedlings in my tent that are 15 days. When should i start flowering? Here are the pics

Whoa thats a loaded question!!! Lol

To each their own when it comes to times for flowering...

What are your goals? How much height space do u have? How much light? How large a area? You left alot of helpfull info out of your question...

Imo seedlings should be given time to show sex but not truely needed. Seeds and rooted clones can go directly into the flower cycle just dont expect them to yeild as much.

Happy gardening!

I want to get a lb out of my tent. Its 4x4x8 tent. My lighting is 600 watt mh/hps for flowering. Right now the plants have been lst trained so they arent tall but the leaves are bigger than my hand on some.

I wanna beable to get as much as possible from this space but dont wanna veg 3 months.

w3rds

going for 1lb? Are there 11 plants there? Are they all indica or indica dominant? if not you will have a lot of balancing issues when flowering stretch happens. Are you training all the plants the same? the clones are definitely ready to flower before the seedlings. I'd let your seedlings go at least 6 weeks from sprout before flowering, making sure to wait a full week between your last stressing so that your plant can transition properly.

w3rds

Id remove those big fan leaves, pluck them just making sure to not pull too close to the corresponding budsite.

jedi5891

Id scrogg a small area like that with multiple strains, that way you can keep an even canopy.
Id try an wait to see pre flowers with the seedlings and try super cropping to increase yield.
Good luck
Peace

going for 1lb? Are there 11 plants there? Are they all indica or indica dominant? if not you will have a lot of balancing issues when flowering stretch happens. Are you training all the plants the same? the clones are definitely ready to flower before the seedlings. I'd let your seedlings go at least 6 weeks from sprout before flowering, making sure to wait a full week between your last stressing so that your plant can transition properly.

12 total. Not all fem seeds thats why i did so many. 4 are clones fhe rest are seedlings. 2 are sativa dom the rest are indica dom. I know they grow at diff rates and sativa tend to stretch more.

Yea the clones seem to be happy

WelderDan

Veteran
The fan leaves on the seedlings or on the clones?

Don't do that. The leaves are like the engine in your car. Would you take out the engine to go faster?

Defoliation is a highly debated topic. If you do it, it's best done once flowering starts and you identify leaves that are blocking bud sites. Defoliation during veg is STUPID. It will slow down growth.

I don't pull 7+ ounces per plant by plucking the frigging leaves off.

w3rds

Nothing like saying something is a highly debated topic and then saying the opposing viewpoint is STUPID. Plenty of people with reputations more well known than yourself would disagree with your hubris fueled comments...

Since i am lst them i know they arent gonna get really tall but how do i really know when i should start flowering without things getting out of control? Ill take more pics tonight of the plants. I know they will stretch in flower. They arent tall at all. Maybe 10" high tops, this is my 1st real grow so i get nervous of them getting out of control. The 4 clones i want the most from because i know they were from female.

The clones are top of pic then the other plants. There are a few in this tent that are 8 or 9 days behind the others. But the larger plants (not clones) are day 28 today.

WelderDan

Veteran
Nothing like saying something is a highly debated topic and then saying the opposing viewpoint is STUPID. Plenty of people with reputations more well known than yourself would disagree with your hubris fueled comments...

Reading comprehension is not your strong point is it? It's controversial during flowering. Defoliating during VEG is STUPID. Dude doesn't have enough leaves to defoliate. There are no bud sites to worry about. Just exactly what would defoliation do for him at this stage genius? Talk about hubris..

Want to debate that? Or just talk shit? Get back to me when you have some advice that won't decrease the mans yields. Or show me one single example of defoliation during VEG that would increase yields. Or better yet, stop giving shit advice

thejact55

I am not attempting to join the arguement, but my 2 cents...

#1 dont defoliate, period. Those babies need all the light absortion they need. When they get bigger, and have fat fan leaves, maybe tuck them under bud sites.

#2- dont flower any time soon. If you flowered now, and lets say you had 8 females plants. I put my money on getting like 1-4 ounces...probably like 1-2 ounces. They would yeild nothing. Patience. Let those girls grow. They are just babies. To be safe, lets say they stretch x3 in flower. If you have 4' of total upward space, let them get like 1.5 ft tall before flowering...they are like 2-4 inches now...
Id let them get like two feet tall and train/top them if you want weight. Then flower. You can always bend a plant, but you cant make it yeild more if your deep in flower. Patience.

Yea they are not big at all. I am lst them so they are growing bushes instead of tall. I think the plan is to veg for another month.

I have the light 25" away now so they can stretch, is that ok? I had the light 12" away for the first 18 days so the nodes are really tight.

Easy7

Veteran
I would wait for some bushes and at the very least showing preflower sex. Research preflowers.

Stretch is not huge in soil and these are tiny but healthy vegglings.

If you want a pound be patient. I prefer to sex plants while in a veg mother tent. Pop seeds in there and veg under a less watts light for a bit. Then take cuts and test those in soil then one whopper hydro plant for the gold.

I remember the days of having little clue and popping way to many beans. I remember starting with hydro and searching for females to put in soil and take cuttings for the hydro. Keep it simple.

Honestly 4 fems could of filled that tent right quick. It comes down to patients and simplicity. Weed out the males when preflowers come around and check for and elimate dual sex plants. Leave the females.

WelderDan

Veteran
Yea they are not big at all. I am lst them so they are growing bushes instead of tall. I think the plan is to veg for another month.

I have the light 25" away now so they can stretch, is that ok? I had the light 12" away for the first 18 days so the nodes are really tight.

LST the shit out of them if you want. They grow sideways just fine. All you need is support. In fact after tying them down, you might have to literally support them. A good rule of thumb for light distance is your hand. If you can comfortably hold your hand at the level of the tops, that is a good distance.

This is what you can do with LST

Note I'm supporting that top cola or it would fall over. That plant yielded (from seed) 8 dry OZ not counting popcorn & trim. And I didn't cut a single leaf off it. As another poster mentioned, I merely tucked a few leaves out of the way that were blocking bud sites. No long veg period, no boosters. Just DYI DWC, PBP nutes, open air lines (no air stones) and no medium. Just a chunk of pool noodle. Super simple. And you can get similar results with a little patience.

thejact55

In regards to light distance. Do the hand test. Hold your hand at the canopy of the plants. Does it burn? Lights are too close. Is it cool? Move em closer. Get as close as you can without burning your hand.