What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When to start feeding flowering nutrients

JustinAuldphart

New member and grower here and I hope this is the right forum...

I have several Photoperiods outside in 5 gal buckets...feeding them diluted veg nutrients and they are looking healthy and bushy with LST...Today starts the diminishing daylight and my question is: how long before they start to show signs of flower and when should I switch to the bloom nutrients...
Thanks....

B

bigganjabud

After you switch to 12/12 give it about ten days veg feed as soon as you see pistals feed flower nutes

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
"There is more than one way to do it right" was the admonishment I got for being overly rigid in my hand placement choice during sword class. I find applications for this in gardening as well.

Using full strength nutes (complete with nitrogen) for the entire first half of budding before cutting back nitrogen and diluting the rest does not harm my plants.

The rate of change and finishing solutions used in the second half determine a great deal, but having the resources available to the plant during the first half is my set up for finishing strong.

This is not the only way to do it right, merely one of many.

Latest posts

Latest posts