What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Discoloration, what could it be?

Wagonweed

Hey everyone. Need some help diagnosing my ladies. Shots are of one but many look like this and can't figure out why.
Thought it might be some deficiency so they got a feed and still days later it's spreading. Temps h/l 79/68. They are in coco and perlite. Using general organics GO box. I'm dealing with a small spider mite infestation :mad: Originally thought it was the mites but this damage is not the same as last run with mites. They survived in my veg tent such a pain.
Still could be the mites though. I'm fairly new at this too.

Thanks,
Wagonweed

Attachments

• 20170621_101302.jpg
    20170621_101302.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20170621_101258.jpg
    20170621_101258.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20170621_101254.jpg
    20170621_101254.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 6

thejact55

Get the mites under control. You dont want a plant fighting an infestation, also fighting a deficiency or disease.

Does your soil dry out? Roots working ok? Or is the soil always wet?

How is your ph? Root of alot of issues.

I dont recommend doing a super dose of nutrients. If you do decide its a defincency, slowly up nutrients. Dont want to risk a lockout or burning.

Look at the plant health section here. There is a thread with pics on everything. Compare, choose what looks closest, and treat accordingly.

Wagonweed

Thanks for the info fellahs.
Mites haven't resurfaced for over a week.
They are getting another does of nutes tomorrow. Still have some leaves that are changing.
But here's the thing they are ready to be flipped.
Should I wait a week and give it veg nutes let it recover a bit or flip it and hit it with bloom?

Wagonweed

I'll give it a go.

I'm starting to suspect one of the nute bottles is bad. Nutes is the only thing I've changed since my last run.

Wagonweed

Well it's partly solved. Nutes was the cause. One of the bottles is bad in the GO box.
I had some left other nutes from my last run before I switched. Gave a few plants a dose of it and within days I could see the difference. So now everyone got fed properly. On the road to recovery. I did end up tripping 4 as my timeline got botched and running out of smoke haha.

Next is I'll get a few healthy then I'll try the additives one at at time since they can be mixed with any nute brand and see if I get any negative effect. I'd like to not toss out the whole kit if possible.
I'll be buying some new veg and bloom nutes regardless.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
On soil you don't need nutrition during vegetation cycle if the soil is ok. Leads to overfeeding and sometimes overwatering. When you're new in the game watch out for fungus gnats. Can be mistaken easily with fruit flies if you don't look close enough.

Wagonweed

Ya but I'm in coco so I have to add some nutes. I'm just happy everything is getting back on track. My last run was amazing and this time I fell flat. Ah well it's part of the process. I don't beat my self too much over it.

I think I may have had those gnats a couple runs ago. They looked like fruit flies but I seen no ill effect so assumed thats what they were. Havent had a recurrence of them though.