What's new

All my grows have ended in dead plants

jonhova

I have been attempting to grow some plants for about 6 months with no luck.

2 weeks ago i put some seeds in root riots which sprouted fast. I waited a week and never saw roots so i planted it in LC mix:
s . Peat moss/eco scraps compost/ lavarock in solo cups. My humus is probably bad. I've left it outside since the rainy season exposed to elements. Would malibus compost make a difference?

I'm battling high temperatures that seem to stunt these young plants. I have a 8" fan inside the cabinet and a pc fan exhaust. It makes it difficult watering to say the least. If i dont water it gets wilted and never recovers. Over water it and the same happens.

If my house is always hot am i fucked?

Once past the solo cup stage i find its a lot easier to keep these bitches happy. Getting there is the hard part.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...yeah, i guess it depends on what you mean by 'hot' as to whether you're fucked or not, 90 and below is doable, not optimal maybe but still doable.

...frankly though i think i'd recommend that you consider changing your style to coco hempy buckets fed KISS style, at least until you get a couple harvests under your belt.

...coco hempy buckets are extremely easy to run and VERY forgiving to the inexperienced hand so to my way of thinking they are perfect for newcomers.

...anyway, if you look around there is an assload of info on hempy buckets and KISS feeding here and on YouTube, plus, there are dozens of growers inhouse that can help you.

...as an aside, when you are having issues you are much more likely to get useful feedback if you share specific information, like how hot 'hot' is in your grow, the more you share the better the advice is likely to be, and pictures, seeing the plants and the setup is VERY helpful.

peace, bozo

O

Orrie

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm battling high temperatures that seem to stunt these young plants. I have a 8" fan inside the cabinet and a pc fan exhaust. It makes it difficult watering to say the least. If i dont water it gets wilted and never recovers. Over water it and the same happens.[/FONT]
Try switching the fans around. Seedlings don't need that much air flowing over them.
Use the 8in for exhaust and see if they survive in spite of high temps.

I believe that is why you have better luck with older plants as they can take a bit more wind without desiccating

Wishing you luck

jonhova

Im going back to the drawing board on this one. New compost and a new mix.

I bought 4 pc fans to add to the single pc fan exhausz

The watering method which i suck at will be a fabric 5 gallon pot in a bed of perlite SWICK/SIP style.

I'll be starting 2 seeds for a test. 1 in perlite hempy bucket style and one in soil. I'll PH the water with the dropper kit from GH.

The soil will be peat moss: malibu bu conpost: and perlite. I was using chunky lava rock before. Many people have said lava rock is not so great.

Im gonna start with a weak cfl until they root. These LEDS seem too strong for seedlings.

I have hope!

F

FreeUrMind

Your not the only one bro i have just killed 2 packs of seeds didn't even get one to germ this time I dont have money just now for more and i was gonna give up but somebody on here said learn from Your mistakes and try again i have to because i am looking for an insomnia killer and if i find it better quality of life i will have Peace

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...coco hempy buckets, KISS style ftw.

...for real, coco hempy buckets are brain-dead easy to run and feeding KISS style is not only simple, it's cheap too.

peace, bozo

...these are 2 White Rhinos potted up in 2 liter coke bottle hempys back when i'd first started messing with them, i never looked back. ...i should say also that these were fed nothing but MaxiBloom, from rooted clone right through to the flush just before harvest.

picture.php